Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

we were somewhere around hesaim on the edge of the spinward marches when the drugs began to take hold.

Jayna the Gunlugger
Cool +1 | Hard+2 | Hot -1| Sharp+1 |Wierd 0
Harm 0:00 | XP 0/5 | Armor 2 | Barter 3 | Infection 3:00

"I know Hemlock is really the take from people type, she's always bartered fair with me. What I was seeing in my dream was the suit could help us fight back against the forest. " I shrug, "I'm not trying to protect a mess o' people or a place, but I'm pretty sure you don't have anything to worry about there."

My face grew still as my brain registered what Josiah was requesting. I like him, and some of his flock, and his jingle always spends real well, but I'm not the biggest fan of his plans that include the words 'remove these sinners'.

"Josiah, you're a brother from another mother, and we go back a long time. And if you want me to convince Mice and his boys to leave your flock alone, I'll do it for half my usual rate. But I'm not executing a group of people because they thought they could press you for some jingle. "

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Hemlock, the Savvyhead
Cool -1 | Hard =0 | Hot +1 | Sharp +1 | Weird +2
Harm: 0:00 | XP: 2/5 | Armor: 1 | Barter: 4

"I mean, maybe. Ain't gonna lie, though, I'm worried about you. After all the jingle you've put into that rig, I can't imagine what'd make you want to get rid of her." I sigh, then say, "Well, either way, I'm going to need to take a peek to see what's going on under the hood. You cool with that?"

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Red, the Driver
Cool +2 | Hard =0 | Hot +1 | Sharp +1 | Weird -1
Harm: 0:00 | XP: 3/5 | Armor: 0 | Barter: 3

"Whatever you say, hon,” I do what my new 'passenger' tells me to do, and skid to a sudden stop. If they're hanging onto something, they should be fine, if not, well, they might find themselves flung off of Betsy. They did tell me to stop the bike, but they didn't tell me how 'gentle' I had to be. But I don’t plan on getting caught by whoever these fellas might be, so once I fling my passenger off, I’m gonna keep going!

<@Red>: `2d6+2` acting under fire = (2+2)+2 = 6

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Oct 25, 2018

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Honeydew: Twice looks somewhat confused when you wink and mouth to him, but Moss is already talking to you. "Well...all right. I suppose I can afford a little bit more to get ahold of the Sap. Is there anything else you'd like to know or need before you head out?" What do you do?

Jayna: "They didn't just press me for money, they attacked us and took what we worked hard for. And they were able to get to it with you there. These kind of people will not stop if you only threaten them. They'll just strike another time. No, we must remove them from this world while we have the advantage." What do you do?

Hemlock: Royboy looks at you, and then nods. "Sure. Come on out, I have it parked right here." What do you do?

Red: The good news is that your passenger goes flying off like you wanted. The bad news is that on the way they grab you by instinct and yank you off Betsy, who falls over. The two of you tumble to the ground, and while in a brief daze you hear your former passenger yelling in pain and surprise while trying to pull out their pistol. But you have more then that person to worry about as several people locate you. Each bike has two people on it, and most of them are wearing leathers or something like that to protect themselves. But one of them, decked out in serious armor and carrying a well cared for assault rifle laughs as he approaches you. "Nice job Mill." He then looks at you and grins maliciously.

"I like your bike. Why don't you give it to me and beg for mercy, and maybe I'll let you take your chances with the Forest instead of killing you for it." What do you do?

Heliotrope fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Oct 25, 2018

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

we were somewhere around hesaim on the edge of the spinward marches when the drugs began to take hold.

Jayna the Gunlugger
Harm 0:00 | XP 0/5 | Armor 2 | Barter 3 | Infection 3:00

"I don't doubt when I express my displeasure a few folks might end up dead. I'm just not about executing the whole group. If that's what you aim to do, you'd best find someone else. I work with too many people to get caught up in a blood feud, which is what you're courting here. Not all of Mice's people will be there when you attack, someone will live and seek revenge. Josiah, I'm begging you, leave off this desire for revenge. If you do, I'll help you with increased security on when moving your stock, and I'll get Mice, or his replacement to understand that you and your flock is not for them to fleece."

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Hemlock, the Savvyhead

I follow him outside. Ain't gonna figure anything out without askin' his truck, since Royboy's so fried by whatever.

quote:

SidekickBOTToday at 4:33 PM
@Hemlock: 2d6+2 things speak = (2+2)+2 = 6

Tricky fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Oct 26, 2018

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.
Honeydew
Cool +3 | Hard-1 | Hot +2 | Sharp+1 | Wierd 0
Harm 0:00 | Infection 3:00 | XP 0/5 | Armor 1 | Barter 1

I rolled my eyes at Twice's confusion. The kid apparently never had anyone flirt with him before. I had to wonder if Moss was a 'lock them away from the public' sort of father. I would make sense, given his business interests.

"No. I have all I need." I stood up and grabbed hold of my duffel. It was getting awfully empty inside, so this job had come at a very opportune time. "Your assets should be in hand within a week." I turned and made my way to the door, pausing to glance at Foster. Hands on my hips, I looked her up and down, a calculating look in my eye. "When this job is done, we should have a friendly fight. You look like you're pretty good with your fists."

A high sparkling laugh as my ponytail vanished after me out the door.

Heading off to Madam Weevil's.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Jayna: "Do you think they'll sell their guns for farming tools and become peaceful after you kill a few of them? They may agree in the moment, but they'll look for an opportunity to strike back. You can't always be here. And if you're worried about things out of Saint Luke's, what do you think people like that will do to those they encounter out in the Forest? Do you believe they've shown the same mercy you want to show them to those they've come across? It's not about revenge, it's about making sure we have safety." What do you do?

Honeydew: Foster just silently watches you leave, her stern expression unchanging.

You make your way through Tref Maer and into Madame Weevil's establishment. It's a well-made building, with the interior made to look a little fancy but not overly so. Decorations on the wall and pillars, fancy looking seats and chairs, and some of then have red cloth and wineglasses set out. The kind of place that lets ordinary people feel like they're in a higher class establishment then they can normally afford. Madame Weevil is relaxing near the front when you enter and gain her attention. She looks at your dress, your boots, your weapons, and your hair before saying "Hello dear. What could someone like you want here?" What do you do?

Hemlock: As you examine Royboy's car, you see it's mostly fine. Some damage from when he was probably out in the Forest like usual but nothing you can't easily fix. It begins to talk but the sound is dim and far away, as if a gunshot or something loud just temporarily deafened you. All sound goes away and suddenly you're in an operating room, looking at Royboy who is laying down on a table. The machine woman you saw before has a surgical mask on and surgeon's tools in her hand. She looks at you, and then begins to open up Royboy's head. Inside, you see...something in his brain. Some kind of growth maybe? It almost looks like wood or bark. As you watch, it slowly grows and begins to clamp down on his brain more. As she pokes around the growth suddenly reaches out, grabs the scalpel out of her hand, and hurls it away. The machine woman looks at you again and opens her mouth. "Yeah so everything's fine, right?" she says in Royboy's voice.

You blink and you're back to looking at the truck, with Royboy watching you.

Royboy spends 1 of his hold to ask "What is your character really feeling"?

What do you do?

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

Jayna the Gunlugger
Harm 0:00 | XP 1/5 | Armor 2 | Barter 3 | Infection 3:00

"I can see your point, not sure I agree with it. I could be wrong, might be that nobody in Mice's group is worth letting live. But you could be wrong, and they could be being led by the wrong guy. Might be changing the leadership fixes the whole thing. Now if I"m wrong, well someone might get hurt, some jingle will get lost, but I can always go back and do it your way. If your wrong, well the folks are already dead, and your flock is imbroiled in a blood feud. Seems like we should give my way a try first, if that doesn't work, well then we can do it your way."

Jayna pauses leans back and takes a breath.

"Or you can do it your way first, but you'll be doing it without my help. I still need to be able to sleep at night."

Manipulate roll of 10, marking experience.

Mykkel fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Oct 26, 2018

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.
Honeydew
Harm 0:00 | Infection 3:00 | XP 0/5 | Armor 1 | Barter 1

I looked about approvingly. It had been a long time since I'd been anywhere I could call fancy. "Good day. Madam Weevil, I assume? My name is Honeydew. I assure you I am not here to cause any trouble. It's simply my preference to carry what I own with me. Just in case." I awkwardly tugged on the hem of my dress and let myself giggle nervously. Acting the nervous first-timer that Weevil would not think twice about beyond wondering how much jingle she could pry out of me.

"Um, Anyway. Not to put to fine a point on it, I'm here in the hopes of finding a companion to uh...ring my bell." I blushed for her benefit, staring at my boots and toying with my hair. "Before the Forgotten Stone came under...uh...new management, I saw Hail Mary around now and again. I won't lie, I have a crippling weakness for cute blondes. I...I don't suppose he's available today?" I looked up at Madam Weevil, eyes big and hopeful.

Attempting to Manipulate Madam Weevil into helping me as best she can, and not thinking very hard about possible ulterior motives.
@Honeydew: 2d6+2 manipulate Weevil = (2+1)+2 = 5

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Jayna: There's a long silence while Josiah mulls over what you said. "Fine. I suppose we'll try it your way. Do you still want my men to accompany you?" What do you do?

Honeydew: Madame Weevil watches you, and then says "He's here, and I can lead you to his room. But his services will be a bit expensive compared to the usual." She tells you the price - 1 barter. "Are you still interested?" What do you do?

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.
Honeydew
Harm 0:00 | Infection 3:00 | XP 0/5 | Armor 1 | Barter 0

"Yes, that will be perfect." I nodded deferentially and avoided looking Weevil in the eye. I'd laid that on much too thick. Whatever the Madam thought though, she was at least more interested in my business than sussing out my motives. I was trying too hard to outwit people who had no interest in beating me at anything - and in fact were not even in any sort of competition with me in the first place. I could blame the dreams of Hemlock and her work. I could blame Springheel getting in my head somehow. I could blame too many long nights hunting down Prim or I could blame that length of steel in my brain pan crossing some wires. I could even blame plain old paranoia.

The truth was probably much simpler. I'd been working too much and relaxing not enough. Getting my rocks off while I was here might be just what I needed to quit acting like a lunatic. Still. Even if that were the case, business before pleasure. Always.

"What is your policy on weapons? Leave them at the door?"

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Hemlock, the Savvyhead

I fuckin' hate this forest, I really do. I don't know if this poo poo is all metaphorical or if Royboy's got branches all up in his brain right now, but either way... I ain't likin' the implications. I manage to say, "Yeah, uh, she looks alright. Nothin' wrong I can't fix with a bit of oil and a little elbow-grease. What sorta pay-off you looking to get?" I can't get that image out of my brain, though, so maybe the fact that I'm a little on guard slips out a bit. Not turnin' my back to him any more, that's for drat sure.

Hemlock is concerned about that vision and what it all might mean for what Royboy is going to do going forward.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Honeydew: She motions for you to follow her, and leads you to a counter, behind which you can see a mail sorter where various weapons are being kept. She takes a wood carved '8' and hands it to you. "Just hand this back when you're done and you'll get your weapons back." She watches as you hand them over, especially when you take out all your knives, but begins walking again once you're done. You head down a hallway, to a well-made door. She knocks on it and says "Hail Mary, you have a customer." She turns to you and says "Have fun dear."

The door opens as she leaves and Hail Mary smiles and says "Hey there." You step into his room and see it's quite clean and roomy, with a dressing table mirror to one side and a soft looking bed to the other. He takes your hand and begins leading you to the bed. "I haven't seen you here before. You new?" What do you do?

Hemlock: Royboy looks at you. "Yeah...I figure it's worth quite a lot since I put a lot into it you know? And that's what I'm here to do. Sell it to you that is." He seems to have caught on to your concern about what he might do. He gives you a price of 4 barter. "That seems fair, right?" What do you do?

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Red, the Driver
Cool +2 | Hard =0 | Hot +1 | Sharp +1 | Weird -1
Harm: 0:00 | XP: 4/5 | Armor: 0 | Barter: 3

This has just gone from bad to worse. I gotta be careful about my next move if I wanna get out of this alive, "Aw, come on, hon. Can I at least know the name of the fella robbin' me before I start begging?" While I ask that, my eyes carefully look around the area, looking for an opportunity to get out of this mess- preferabbly with bike, too.

@Red: 2d6+1 Read a sitch = (5+1)+1 = 7
• Where’s my best escape route / way past?

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Red: "Name's Prim. Go ahead, show me how much you want to live."

Looking around you see that while Prim is threatening you the rest of them are just watching him, not really ready to step in. One of them already has your bike up and puts the kickstand down, ready for Prim to take it. Seems Prim likes to finish off people they find - if you just suddenly began fighting your way to the bike they'll wait for him to do something first. What do you do?

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Hemlock, the Savvyhead

I think about it for a moment and shrug, "Aight, fair enough. It's more than I'd normally pay, but considering we're friends and all..." At least if he doesn't have a fuckin' terminal case of wood-brain, anyways. "Sure, gently caress it. I'll help you out. Whattya need so much scratch for anyhow?"

I'll pay the barter, but then I'm in the market for a gig since, y'know, that cleans me out.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Hemlock: "It's for...future use." Royboy seems hesitant again, like he's not sure. "Me and a bunch of other people are getting together. There's a lot of stuff out in the Forest you can live off, you know? And like, we can use it. And not have to worry about living under people like Mayor or worrying about getting your next meal you know?" He eyes you. "Say, are you still going to be busy with the machine thing? It's possible you won't even need it. Why don't you come with me? You can check it and see everything's fine."

Royboy spends his last hold to ask "How could I get your character to come to this group with me?"

What do you do?

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

Jayna the Gunlugger

"Thanks for trying it my way. Having your lads along would be a comfort. “

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.
Honeydew

I sat on the bed, leaning back on my hands as I looked around. It was surprising to see that the room looked more or less how I expected it too. I had never been to a brothel before, and was far too accustomed to reality being a massive disappointment compared to my imagination in most things. I nodded to Mary. "Yeah. My experiences can be summed up as 'five minutes of desperate carnality in between being shot at'. With that in mind, I'd appreciate if we could take it easy. Maybe talk a little?"

I kicked my feet absently, at a loss for anything clever to say.

"Name is Honeydew, by the by. Pleased to meet you."

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Hemlock, the Savvyhead
Harm: 0:00 | XP: 2/5 | Armor: 1 | Barter: 0

I think about that, even longer. Ain't no surprise that I'm thinkin' these people all got what Royboy do. Probably no surprise that I'm guessing that they want to do me the same way. Still... if I make it there, scope things out, and make it out? poo poo, maybe I could put together enough to figure out a way to fix 'em. And, poo poo, it ain't like business is that hot lately. Might as well see who all's a crazy and plan from there. I say, "Tell ya what. I'll come along and give it a look, but I want you to promise y'ain't gonna let them stop me if I decide I want to take off. Deal?"

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Red, the Driver
Cool +3 | Hard =0 | Hot +1 | Sharp +1 | Weird -1
Harm: 0:00 | XP: 0/5 | Armor: 0 | Barter: 3

"You want me to show you? Alright," my lips move up into an excited grin, "Lemme show you!" I sprint right past Prim, and run as fast as I can to where my Betsy is, "Sorry to disappoint you, hon, but I ain't the begging type!" If I'm lucky, then that should throw them off long enough for me to get to Betsy before they start shooting. If not- Well, then I'll just have to hope that the trees'll provide enough cover for me from the incoming gunfire. Either way, I don't plan on dying here anytime soon!

It was nice of 'em to prop up Betsy for me. Soon as I get close, I'll just hop on, and make my exit! And here I was, worried my trip back'd be a boring one!

@Red: 2d6+3 = acting under pressure (6+3)+3 = 12

Getting +1 Cool as my improvement!

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Jayna: Josiah motions for you to follow him out of the building. He gathers a group of his soldiers to follow you. "Jayna will give the Butcher Boys a warning. Go with her, and make sure it goes well." They all look at you, and then nod at Josiah.

You have to walk on foot, the Forest is too thick for a vehicle that could carry all of you. Before you left, Josiah gave you directions to get to the camp and soon you come across it. The leader of the group, Chaplain, looks at you. "How we handling this?" What do you do?

Honeydew: "Sure." Hail Mary sits next to you. "Pleased to meet you too. It sounds like you have quite the interesting life. It's good to take a break and relax every now and then." What do you do?

Hemlock: "It's just a meeting Hemlock, no one's gonna do anything to you." He reaches in his pockets for the keys to his truck, and then remembers you have it now. "Uh...wanna drive?"

The two of you head out into the Forest, Royboy talking about how things are going to change and life will be better, and the Forest will provide for everyone. There's still the occasional pause or hesitation where it seems like he's repeating something someone told him. Eventually you're able to park near a relatively clear spot. You see a fairly decent amount of people here, mostly hack crew members (looks like this is where Orson and her gang are now). They're eating...some kind of meat. You're not sure what. And talking to everyone and handing out the food is Springheel. She looks up when you come in. "Royboy!" Then she sees you. "Oh. Hemlock." She seems less happy to see you.

You also notice Jonsu is here and giving you the stink eye. What do you do?

Red: Prim begins to fire once he realizes what's up, but you're able to dodge and weave to keep moving through the gunfire. As you hop on the bike he aims right at you...and then there's the *click* of an empty gun. "gently caress!" He reaches to grab a magazine, but you're already taking off. You hear him yelling at the rest of the group. "GO GET HER YOU loving IDIOTS!" Only one or two of them are still on their bikes and they start coming after you. What do you do?

If you try to Outdistance them, you have +1 due to better speed

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Hemlock, the Savvyhead
Harm: 0:00 | XP: 3/5 | Armor: 1 | Barter: 0

Springheel, huh. Figures. Girl always was a real nut, even with the good poo poo she brought, and with people actin' all cagey these days... well, gently caress, you don't need to be a genius to put this puzzle together. I say, "Aw, really, Springheel? I put in a good enough word for Honeydew to not blow your face off for tryin' to cop a feel and that's where we're at?" Play it cool, Hemmy, play it cool. You know this poo poo's all sideways, but maybe they don't know that you know and you can get a bit o' insight before you need to get gone. "So this your show, then? Big ol' happy family in the middle of the trees?"

I scan the place as I bullshit. A few of the faces are familiar, but not in a fuckin' good way. poo poo happens, but I don't think they figure we're square. Wouldn't be a bad time for ol' Flinty to give that launcher of theirs a second run, all I'm sayin' bout that.

quote:

SidekickBOTToday at 8:13 PM
@Hemlock: 2d6+1 read a sitch = (4+5)+1 = 10

• Where’s my best escape route / way in / way past?
• What should I be on the lookout for?
• Who’s in control here?

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.
Honeydew

"So she says, 'Answer that and stay fashionable.' " We both laughed at the anecdote, Hail Mary rolling his eyes as he did so. That was fair. It was a funny story but the punchline was admittedly pretty bad.

"But yeah. We got into some trouble back in the day." I flopped back on the bed, hoping I'd warmed my partner up enough to trust me with sensitive information. We'd been talking for a while, and I'd gone a bit into how I was relatively new to these parts (which was true) before I segued into a few made up stories about how Tenzin, Dolma, and I went way back (which was patently false). It seemed liked he was buying it so far. "I wonder what they're up to these day?"

Trying to manipulate Hail Mary into trusting that I'm an old friend of my targets and to reveal where they're hiding. Honeydew has a slick tongue and is counting on her lies to be convincing.
@Honeydew: 2d6+2 manipulate Hail Mary = (5+2)+2 = 9

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Red, the Driver
Harm: 0:00 | XP: 1/5 | Armor: 0 | Barter: 3

“Catch me if you can, boys!” I rev up, and pick up the speed. There’s no way their bikes can catch up to my Betsy, and it doesn’t take me long to lose ‘em in the forest.

Looks like I’m in the clear now. Shame. Was expecting a more exciting chace, but those fellas just couldn’t keep up with my pace. Aw well. Guess now that I’m done with that fun little detour, I should work on heading back and get this package to Mama.

<@Red>: `2d6+4` Outdistancing them = (3+5)+4 = 12

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Hemlock: "Why do you want to destroy the Forest? I can help everyone, but it's not going to do any good if you kill everything!"

Looking around, you can see the group is watching the two of you. Most of them are looking at Springheel - she's definitely in control here. There doesn't seem to be any other vehicles nearby though. If you got back to the truck you could probably drive away. Or threaten to run them over if they try to stop it. But while most them are just making sure you aren't threatening Springheel, one of Orson's hack-crew members is eyeing you a lot more suspiciously and is holding a sawed-off in their hands. You realize that if they get even the slightest idea that you're going to do something, they'll start firing regardless of if it's a good idea or not. What do you do?

Honeydew: When you say that, he looks sad. "That woman whose making whatever it is everyone dreamed about built a weapon for Flintjack and...well, he always wanted the Forgotten Stone cafe place for him and his gang. So he took it. The survivors went off, and the two of them are keeping themselves alive by selling Sap. They have to stay hidden now." He seems to think it over. "Why don't I bring you to them? They want to stay hidden, but I do...uh, know Tenzin. Usually I meet him to get some Sap but I can re-introduce the three of you." What do you do?

Red: You leave the group far behind, and soon the sounds of shouts and their motorcycles fade. There's only the quiet of the Forest, broken up by the sounds of civilization as you pass though Lana and then coming back once you're re-enter it.

Normally you'd keep an eye out for Flintjack's gang, but you notice that you're able to get through the path easily without attracting attention - there seems to be fewer of them and Flintjack himself is nowhere in sight. You enter Tref Maer and head towards the Forgotten Stone Cafe. Then you see it. It looks like it got hit hard. Most of the windows are blown out and there's people doing reconstruction work on the building. Yasuke isn't guarding the entrance. In fact, no one is. You can just walk right in if you want. What do you do?

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

Jayna the Gunlugger

Jayna sizes up the crew. "Josiah wants these folks to stop bothering you, I want that too, but I want as many of you, and as many of them to still be breathing as possible tomorrow morning. So the deal is, you watch my back, don't let these punks get to you, and let me do the talking, don't shoot until either I do, or one them does. And let's be quiet like, get up close on them before they notice, right?"

poo poo this was going to get all hosed up, smart move Jayna. you have a bunch of angry believers, and probably a bunch of idiots that think numbers is the most important thing in a fight.

rolled a 9 on Read a sitch for understanding what's going on with Mice's group. Which enemy is the biggest threat?

Mykkel fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Oct 30, 2018

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Red, the Driver

Wow. Must've missed one helluva party while I was out. Probably wouldn't be a bad idea to ask around first before I head on in. "'Scuse me," I say, getting the attention of one of the folks doing the reconstruction work, "Mind telling me what happened to the cafe? I've been out of town for the past few days, so I'm a bit out of the loop, y'see."

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.
Honeydew

Bingo. There it was. I sat up and stared at Hail Mary, eyes wide as I played my part in this farce. "They're here? In Tref Maer? I...wow." I shook my head in feigned wonderment. "If you could take me to see them, you cannot imagine how much it would mean to me."

I slid across the bed towards Mary and took his hands in mine. "In the meantime, I'd like to thank you. How about you tell me what you like?"

Honeydew plans on rocking Hail Mary's world; a pre-emptive apology for betraying him. I'd say pick the scene back up as they head out to find the siblings?

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Red: The worker continues to talk as he hammers away. "Shi Shi's dead. This is Flintjack's place now. It looks like this because he blew it up in the process of getting it." In fact, looking through the various holes and destroyed windows you can see Flintjack's gang in there. Seems like you're not going to be able to get paid for delivering the coffee beans now. What do you do?

Honeydew: "Don't worry about me, my job is to take care of you." And he does.

When you have sex with Hail Mary, take +1 forward...but as the Battlebabe you cancel all sex moves

Afterwards, you wait outside Madame Weevil's establishment until Hail Mary is free for the day. He comes out and greets you. "Hey Honeydew!" He has a knife sheathed on his skirt. "There aren't a lot of things out where Dolma and Tenzin are at, but might as well be ready anyway right?" He leads you out of the town and into the forest, heading a bit north of the town. Then he moves east, towards the ocean. "They're a little close to the ocean, but not quite in the beach area" he explains. You've got a bit of time before you encounter them. What do you do?

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Red, the Driver

"Shi Shi kicked the bucket, huh? Shame." 'Least that explains why I haven't been shot as much by Flintjack's gang. Can't say I'm too broken up about it, was never that close to him, and something like this was bound to happen when you've got a scary fucker like Flintjack invovled.

Dang, I'm really going to miss that coffee, though.

"Alright, well, I'll leave you to what you're doing then," I pocket the bag of coffee beans for now, and walk away from the place, and head off to Mama's. No sense in sticking around here any longer now that Shi Shi's gone.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Hemlock, the Savvyhead

I say, "Whoah, now. I wasn't the one that picked that fight. The forest was comin' for me 'n the rest of us normal human types well before I had any inkling of what could be. If I had any confidence that the trees would up and leave me alone, let alone leavin' the people that feed me bits of tech intact, I'd be happy enough tinkerin' away at whatever project in my workshop until I got all grey and keeled over. I ain't dumb enough to think that's going to happen though, Springheel, and this collection of tree-huggers you're buildin' is more or less why. I may like wirin' a machine more than bullshitting with the crowds, but even I can read one. Ya'll got beef and I ain't about to think that Jonsu and that idiot with the shotty are about to forgive and forget." I look Springheel square in her weirdo eyes and say, "I don't hate nothin' or no-one. I just want your freaky poo poo to stop messin' with mine. If you can promise that, really promise that, then maybe we can talk terms. But this embargo on tech and poachin' everyone I do work for? That's gotta stop."

Jonsu and the ganger are one thing though, Springheel is... she's real weird. As much as she's gettin' some spooky vibes I might gently caress up her little kingdom, I'm gettin' the same. But y'know... I ain't gonna risk her mob comin' for my shop. If we can't come to an accord, this'll end in blood. Hers, at least, even if I can't take 'em all.

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.
Honeydew
Harm 0:00 | Infection 3:00 | XP 1/5 | Armor 1 | Barter 0

"Lead on." I followed after, mindful of my surroundings. I was making this one up as I went and I could use an edge. Some bit of insight into my quarry.

The Maelstrom...neither one of us was quite sure what we thought of the other. Still. When you threw your fortunes to the wind it could prove a valuable ally. As we walked I relaxed my grip, loosened my self control. I took hold of the door that separated the world I knew from the world Hemlock forced us to see for a brief night, and I drew it open.

Honeydew is attempting to open her brain to some secret thing she can use against Tenzin and Dolma
@Honeydew: 2d6+0 Opening My Brain = (2+1)+0 = 3

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Jayna: Looking at the gang as you get closer, you notice they've definitely got the numbers here. Around 20 or so people, although they don't have serious weapons or armor. But you see one of them talking to the others, probably the leader. Chaplain confirms "That's Mice." He has a few grenades attached to his jacket - if he gets a chance to use them that's going to be really bad for you and Josiah's men. What do you do?

Red: You leave the Forgotten Stone Cafe (or whatever it'll be called from now on) and head to Mama's. Scrap is waiting outside, sitting on a chair and working on some kind of device set on top of a crate. "Mama's inside, she wants to talk to you. Royboy would be letting you know but he's been wandering off lately for some reason."

You give the suitcase to Mama, who is sitting behind a desk. She opens it to look inside, and then shuts it. "Well done Red. Sit down, let's talk. How did the delivery go?" What do you do?

Hemlock: "Haha, that's just III don't...uh, don't worry about them," Royboy says awkwardly. Seems like he didn't think this meeting would go bad like this.

Meanwhile, Springheel looks back at you. "You're the one making that thing! I have spoken to the Forest and learned how it can provide. And I'm not doing any bargos or taking people, everyone came here willingly after I gave them food. Not beef though." She looks to them, and they all nod in agreement. "See? We don't need you anymore." What do you do?

Honeydew: You open the door, and suddenly you feel hot wind blow past you and out into the world. You sense the bright ugly sun shining on you, making you stand out. The wind reaches someone, who turns around. A man matching the description of Tenzin sees you and pulls out his blades. You then feel the door you opened slam shut back in your face, as if you're getting kicked out of somewhere. What do you do?

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Hemlock, the Savvyhead

"Aight, well then." I look over at Royboy and add in a low voice, "Keep your head down when poo poo pops off. I ain't any idea of what she's done to you, but... well, I can't hate anyone who treated their rig right like that."

First off, note to freakin' self: never eat anything again. I gotta figure out a way to get off that food poo poo, especially if someone like Springheel can ruin it for everyone. Maybe I can rig something up like a solar battery, but for like... people. Eh, I'll think about it after I do this particularly dumb poo poo. I mean, hell, I ain't thinkin' it'll end like this. First they don't need me? Whatever. I can deal. It's when they decide I can't be around that I'll have a problem. Too late by then if I let this poo poo grow. Gotta nip it in the bud real drat quick. These freaks are all glommed on to Springheel, so if I take her down... well, half of them still hate me. I ain't thinkin' I'll walk away from this. Might as well make the most of it, then, cause I ain't gonna have a chance after this.

Doin' my best to use the crowd's size against it, I whip out my shotgun and start muscling through. A few people get clipped in the jaw, but I ain't about to waste the shots. Not gonna have time to reload. I know I'm gonna take some shots, hell, I'm probably going to be bleedin' out by the time I get to Springheel. But she's mine and she drat well better not think she's gonna get away with this weirdo hippie poo poo. Not on my watch.

quote:

SidekickBOTToday at 6:59 AM
@Hemlock: 2d6+1 Seize Springheel By Force = (1+4)+1 = 6

Taking undeniable hold of Springheel, but taking a whole heap of fire for the trouble. Using the shotgun as an improvised club, so no damage to the mob along the way.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Red, the Driver

"It went well enough," I take a seat, and lean back on my chair slightly, "Ran into a bit of trouble on the way back. Got jumped by some guy calling himself Prim and his gang. Things got a little hairy for a minute, but it wasn't anything I can't handle," I bring my hands to the back of my head, cross one leg over another, and lean back a little further, a big grin on my face, "Scrap said you wanted to talk to me, Mama?"

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Hemlock: III opens fire as Springheel backs away and pulls out a knife. Everyone else begins pulling out THEIR weapons, and even though you fight your way through they get their hits on you. Springheel manages to give you a surprisingly deep cut before you knock her down and put the shotgun to her face.

@Heliotrope: 2d6+2 Harm Move = (6+4)+2 = 12
You take an additional Harm, for 3 harm total

III is reloading, everyone's pointing and yelling, Royboy starts shouting "Is this because I'm with Springheel now? We can still be friends Hemlock!" and Springheel begins screaming and yowling as she tries to get away.

"SEE! SEE! SHE'S TRYING TO KILL ME BEFORE I CAN GIVE YOU FREEDOM! THE FOREST WILL GIVE THEM SOMEONE ELSE HEMLOCK! IT WON'T LET YOU RUIN EVERYTHING!"

What do you do?

Red: "Hmm." Mama seems to ruminate on that for a moment. "I'll keep that in mind. Now then, onto some important matters. I assume you had that dream about Hemlock? Everyone did. I don't know what she's building, but she gave Flintjack the weapon he used to blow up the Cafe. If she wants to stay holed up in her trees and build whatever that's fine, but when she's willing to assist someone dangerous like that? That's when we have a problem. What if he decides to start talking over the town? What do you know about her?" What do you do?

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.
Honeydew
Harm 0:00 | Infection 3:00 | XP 1/5 | Armor 1 | Barter 0

gently caress. My eyes ached, feeling two sizes too large for their sockets. The Maelstrom was feeling feisty today. Toying with me. Seeing how I'd handle myself. A very dangerous man had just been alerted, and his sister would know soon enough. Not a great situation to walk into - especially considering Hail Mary would almost certainly take their side once my intentions were known.

Best to just play it cool and trust the two were willing to talk.

Honeydew will continue to the rendezvous with Hail Mary and see how things shake out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Hemlock, the Savvyhead
Harm: 9:00 | XP: 3/5 | Armor: 1 | Barter: 0

"gently caress you, gently caress your forest, and..." I jam the shotgun up under her chin. "gently caress whoever they send next. You chose this, Springheel, and you know what?" I meet her eyes. "So did I."

Fuckin' both barrels to the dome. I ain't gonna get too far into the gory details, but goddamn that's a lot of red. Guess she'll be tree food now. I'll finish the job with a box cutter if I need to, if there's enough time, but looking at the horde... well now. I ain't thinkin' it'll be much longer before I'm feedin' the trees.

Suckering Springheel to the tune of 3 harm.