Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.
Honeydew
Cool +3 | Hard-1 | Hot +2 | Sharp+1 | Wierd 0
Harm 9:00 | Infection 6:00 | XP 3 /5 | Armor 1 | Barter 3

My vision went white as the bullets landed. The arm was screaming bloody murder and I could only be grateful for it. It wasn't going to be good for much but odds are it only hit meat. My leg though...I couldn't feel a drat thing and that was worrying. I'd have to end this quickly before I went into shock.

With a hellish scream I pulled my switchblade with my good arm and lunged at Dog Head, arcing the tip up and into the side of his throat.

@Honeydew: 2d6-1 seize by force = (3+4)-1 = 6
Inflicting 2 harm
You take definite hold.

Shardix fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Feb 6, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Baba
Cool +1 | Hard -1 | Hot=0 | Sharp+1 | Weird+2 |
Harm 9:00 | 3/5 XP| Armor: 1| Barter 5

As the world starts to cool down and to make sense once more, I think. I am in a pretty bad spot. On further reflection, I have no guarantee that someone will pick me up on that offer I put in the maelstorm. I grimace. That's what happens when you make decisions while hurt and angry, I guess. But perhaps Dog Head has left behind a psychic trail I can follow...

Got a 13 on Opening my mind to the psychic maelstorm. Marking XP.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Honeydew: Dog Head empties his gun as you charge forward. A shot hits you in the stomach, and you feel someone shoot you in the back. Your knife just scratches the armor of everyone in your way but by pure force you make it to Dog Head anyway, bleeding and on the verge of death, and grab ahold of him.

The gang takes no Harm due to their armor and size, you take 2-Harm from them

@Heliotrope: 2d6+2 Harm Move = (2+4)+2 = 8

The knife is at his neck, and everyone stops shooting for a moment. But they all have their guns pointed at you. Hatira looks up. "All right, why don't we all just calm down for a minute?" As you look around, you realize that the pistol you left on the floor is gone. In dealing with the chaos and pain, you missed seeing who took it. What do you do?

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.
Honeydew
Harm 9:00 | Infection 6:00 | XP 4/5 | Armor 1 | Barter 3

My strength going, flowing onto the floor alongside my own blood. I tried to keep my footing as the world began to spin and my anger starting to come to a boil. I could not stomach the idea of dying here and a piece of poo poo like Dog Head being the one to do it. I attempted to cough out some sort of threat, or a demand for the return of my gun, or something - anything - to make my fury properly known. I managed only a pained, hateful snarl as I tightened my grip and drove the point of my switchblade into Dog Head's throat. My nerves were screaming from the bullet holes and it was all I could do to maintain my grip on the knife. With a final jerk that lit my back up like it has been pumped full of molten steel I ripped it out the side of his throat. With a blood soaked hand I pushed my hair out of my eyes and glared death at the rest of Jayna's crew, daring them to try and finish the job.

2 damage to Dog Head

Shardix fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Feb 11, 2019

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Honeydew: The words aren't even out of her mouth before you shove the blade into Dog Head's neck. "Wait waiiiiiiigggggghhh" is about what he get out before the blade makes it all the way, and he falls limp in your arms.

"He's dead," Corbertt says. "But she's hosed up. Just kill her already!" They all begin to open fire on you. What do you do?

Baba: Everything fades away, and you appear to be floating in the world outside. You see the hold of Tref Maer, and suddenly you're looking through the window of a specific building. You briefly recognize some of the equipment as stuff used to distill alcohol before everything turns blurry except for Dog Head and someone you recognize as Honeydew. It looks like there's a large group of people with them, but you can't really make out anything about them. Honeydew is shot up and bleeding out but takes a knife and drives it into Dog Head's neck. Your view suddenly focuses on his neck, seeing everything in slow motion as the knife lands and then tears its way through through the flesh. Blood sprays and you watch moment by moment as the life vanishes from him.

Suddenly your workshop comes back into focus, and you realize someone's knocking at your door. What do you do?

Heliotrope fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Feb 12, 2019

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Red, the Driver
Cool +3 | Hard =0 | Hot +1 | Sharp +1 | Weird -1
Harm: 0:00 | XP: 4/5 | Armor: 0 | Barter: 5

"Uh-huh," Jeanette's not wrong there, but why do I get the feeling there's a little more to this than she's letting on? "You alright, hun? You're looking a little pale. Mind telling us what's got you so nervous?"

quote:

Spending my hold to ask: How could I get your character to open up to us?

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.
Honeydew
Harm 9:00 | Infection 6:00 | XP 5/5 | Armor 1 | Barter 3

As Dog Head's body sagged against me, I wrapped my arms around him and forced my battered body to keep moving. The bastard was damned heavy but adrenaline ought to let me keep going. Whipping my head around, I eyed a path through Corbett and the rest of the bastards getting ready to finish me off and charged their ranks. I'd let Dog Head be useful for once and soak up the bullets.

@Honeydew: 2d6+3 act under fire = (3+2)+3 = 8

Shardix fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Feb 13, 2019

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Baba
Harm 9:00 | 3/5 XP| Armor: 1| Barter 5

Gun in hand, I approach the door. "Who's there? I warn you, I've had one hell of a lovely day, so this had better be good news."

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Red: "N-Nerveous?" Jeanette laughs, a little too high pitched. "No, everything's fine. Just, you know I see you aren't happy about this girl's appearance. I'm sorry, and I'll let you know if anything happens, all right?" She smiles, and you see her close up like a gate blocking an exit. She will not open up to you, she will not tell you what's worrying her...because she's scared. It takes you a moment to realize what the fear is - it's fear of someone else. Whoever they are, they have far more hold on her then you could ever hope to achieve.

Gladd slowly stars drawing his magnum. He does so when Jeanette looks at you. Seems like he's realizing something's going wrong and is about to take action. "Where's my girl?" He brings the gun out, and Jeannette backs away pleadingly.

"Please! I-I don't know! I can't tell you! Please let me be! I have nothing you want, just..just..." She looks around for somewhere to hide, and her hut is the only place cloesest. Gladd begins to aim at her. What do you do?

Honeydew: The shots ring into Dog Head's armor, or at worst his body. But being dead, that doesn't really bother him. You crash through the group and get outside before you stumble and have to drop Dog Head's body to avoid falling down. You hesitate before booking it out as quick as possible.

If you want to escape from the group, roll When You're the Mouse but with a -1 to the roll

Baba: "Please no foul language. God delivered me your prayer while I was in Anvil for business. I prayed for my own guidance and have found the people who stole from you." The door opens and a woman steps forward. You recognize her as Mother Superior, one of the weirdos who lives in Saint Luke's and is allowed to go outside. She usually gets ammunition from Anvil and brings it back. "Have you talked to God before? Why did He allow you to spread that message to all of us down here? Are they a threat?" Her eyes shine at the thought, the idea of going after heathens marked by God would be a huge deal for someone of her faith. Her eyes brush against your wounds and for a second she just stares at them. What do you do?

Heliotrope fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Feb 15, 2019

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.
Honeydew
Harm 9:00 | Infection 6:00 | XP 5/5 | Armor 1 | Barter 3

I nearly tripped over Dog Head, my duffel banging against my good leg as I stepped over his body. My vision was starting to blur and my thoughts were getting scattered. I just needed to run. Anywhere. Find some cover. A building, or the forest, I didn't care. My other leg was starting to drag and go numb but gently caress these worms if they thought they'd get to see me crawl.

You're all dead. You had better believe that poo poo. I'm going to ride back through here with Flintjack and his crew and the last thing that any of you see will be my knife carving out your loving eyeballs.

A high, fluting laughter was following me and it took me a moment to realize it my own voice - at which point I could only laugh even harder, the screaming of my nerves kicking into high gear in response.

@Honeydew: 2d6+2 being the mouse = (2+2)+2 = 6

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Honeydew: You run, and Jayna's gang chases after you. You might have been able to outrun them, but your injuries and the pain make it hard to focus and by the time you realize they're surrounding you and cutting off your escape it's too late. They box you in the markets, and everyone seeing a bunch of heavily armored people getting ready to gun someone down scatters or ducks down under cover. They come closer, spreading out to make sure you can't get away and aiming their guns at you. "Any final words?" Corbett says. What do you do?

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Baba
Harm 9:00 | 4/5 XP| Armor: 1| Barter 5

I scratch my chin, thoughtfully. Normally I don't break bread with these cult types, but I'm not exactly in a position to pick and choose. I open the door, take a step back and let her in. I accompany her to the small table on my laboratory; I don't really have another space where to let visitors sleep. "Well, they stole the materials I need to do my work, the stuff that earns me my daily jingle. That wicked enough for you?" I chuckle, testing her reaction.

I then add. "So, you say that you've found them. I don't suppose you'd be willing to share that information for free, would you? You or your flock need anything fixed? We can do a trade, friendly-like. You help me get my stuff, and you get my services."

@Baba: 2d6+1 Read a person = (3+6)+1 = 10. I hold 3 and mark 1 experience.

paradoxGentleman fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Feb 16, 2019

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.
Honeydew
Harm 9:00 | Infection 6:00 | XP 2/5 | Armor 1 | Barter 3

I tried to think of what my papa would do in this sort of situation. Considering what happened to him, die was the only answer that came to mind. I tried to pull my other pistol but my arm refused to move - the bullet and blood loss had stolen its strength. Still doing better than my leg, though. I couldn't feel it anymore and it was a wonder I was even still on my feet.

With a final surge of anger I swallowed the pain and forced my hand to do as it was told. The pistol jerked shakily from its holster and barked loudly in Corbett's direction, disgorging bullets with reckless abandon. I could only hope on of them would hit its mark.

@Honeydew: 2d6-1 seize by force = (2+4)-1 = 5
She will impress, dismay, or frighten her foes, and attempt to inflict 2 harm to Corbett

I'll go ahead and take my advance now: +1 Hard. Of no use at the moment but I think she's earned it.

Life has grown untenable, but if Honeydew manages to keep a deathgrip on it regardless she will rise again as the Faceless.

Shardix fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Feb 16, 2019

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Baba: "Yes, those who take what we work for must be punished. They have fled to Tref Maer, where they make sinful drinks and drugs that they inflict on the population." She grins with delight. "It would be my pleasure to make this world a better place by removing them from it." She suddenly jabs at your wounds, looking at you as she does. "Maybe I can talk with Josiah and see if he wants something built, even by an outsider. Surely there's something he'd like to add to our home." What do you do?

Honeydew: You fire, and Corbett yells as the bullets smack into his armor. A couple of other gang members cover his retreat and riddle you with bullets. Despite this, you stand and try to get to Corbett. They keep firing and backing away, fear spread on their face as you refuse to die. Eventually you fall down, blood pooling out everywhere. You wait for someone to come by and put a bullet in your head...but no one does. There's silence, and you feel everything fade away.

But then.

The sound of a motorcycle comes closer and stops. Footsteps come closer until you feel someone take ahold of your body and turn it around to face you. You see the face of Hollywood, one of Flintjack's people. Sh lifts you up by the arms and drags you away from the marketplace. "Hey," she says. "I got you." She brings you onto her bike, trying to get into a position where she can hold onto you and drive at the same time.

The next....minutes?hours?days?....pass and suddenly you're lying down on something. Managing to look around you see other people bandaged and what looks like several dead bodies nearby, and you hear Flintjack discussing something that's too hard for you to make out in your current state. Then everything turns white as you pass out again. What do you see for now?

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.
Honeydew

I could hear twigs snap underfoot as I came back to awareness. I cautiously opened my eyes, dreading the inevitability of sunlight stabbing into them like hot pokers but it never came. Only a cool dimness, like an overcast day - a promise of rain-showers to help clear the land and the mind.

Around me were trees. As far as could see, trees grown thick and tangled, stretching far up into a canopy that only reluctantly let sunlight pass through. A faint breeze felt nice on my skin and I began to walk. I had no destination in mind. It was just nice to be able to walk and explore a bit without needing to constantly look over my shoulder. As I went the shadows began to grow thicker. The trees began to gnarl and warp, and the mighty roots they thrust up from the ground became increasingly tough to bypass. As I passed under an archway of roots I absently laid a hand on the bark. It felt unnaturally warm and I could have sworn I felt, so faint it almost wasn't there, a heartbeat.

Moving on, I wondered that I wasn't afraid. Nobody wandered into the deep woods. It didn't matter how tough you were, or what sort of weapons you had, or how many hard bastards you had following you. When you went unbidden into the forests you did not come back. And yet my feet kept moving me onward. I didn't even flinch when my mostly silent footfalls became a squelching noise and I could feel hundreds of tiny vermin legs skittering across my legs. The smell of blood that began to permeate the air felt only familiar and comforting. It was only when I came before a titan of the forest - a tree so massive as to dwarf the skyscrapers I had heard stories about - that I thought to be afraid. By than it was too late. I felt hands seize my hair and I was pulled backwards into the squirming mire. The last thing I saw before my vision went dark again was Springheel, drenched in gore, grinning beatifically as she dragged me back down with her.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Honeydew: The world suddenly goes bright, and as everything fades back to normal you see you're lying down on a cot in the Forgotten Stone Cafe. Li, Rice, and several others are on the ground, dead. Rum is next to you, her mask off and shirt soaked with blood, just staring straight up. Mimi is working on you at the moment, with bloody bandages wrapping her arm. Hollywood is doing what she can to help.

Across you, her body leaning against the wall, is Jayna. Flintjack is looking down at you. "Seems Jayna tried to get Mimi here. And I guess you ran afoul of her gang? I think we need to teach them a lesson. We can wait, no one knows that you're alive and she's dead." He takes his coat off, turns it around and shows you all the weapons attached. "Got some new stuff from Jayna. Anything speak to you Honeydew?" What do you do?

Heliotrope fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Feb 20, 2019

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Baba

'Sinful drinks', uh. Good thing I didn't offer her my homemade moonshine.
"Alright then. It sounds like we have a deal. You get rid of those guys, I'll fix up whatever you need, and-" I wince when she pokes at my wounds. "Hey! What're you doing?"

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Baba: Mother Superior hesitates for a moment when you ask, and then says "Just seeing how you're doing. How bad is it?" But the brief look of pleasure on her face betrays her words - she saw an opportunity to cause pain, she took it instinctively, and she's happy about it even while pretending to be helping. Seems like this is the kind of person you got helping you. She's still looking at your wounds, but you can see she knows she probably can't get away with hurting you again. "Do you want to come with me? You can watch them die for what they did. And maybe they still have your things?" What do you do

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.
Honeydew

I shivered as Mimi pulled a chunk of metal out of me and let it plunk into a nearby bowl. I couldn't remember ever feeling this cold before. Just how close had I come to death? Close enough to straddle the threshold and see the absolute nothing that waited for me and realize all my bravado, all my high-minded ideas of being a gunslinger and diplomat meant nothing at all. I had tasted true terror and it was never going to leave me and I hated myself for being so weak.

"..." I turned my head towards Flintjack and tried to speak but I could only manage a hoarse rasping. I'd swallowed a lot of blood and my throat was having none of this right now. I managed to pull my arm up and vaguely point to a bat strapped inside the coat. "Just...give me a few minutes to catch my breath."

Who was I kidding? I wasn't even sure one of those bullets hadn't made me a paraplegic. I wasn't going anywhere. Not for a long while.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Red, the Driver
Harm: 0:00 | XP: 4/5 | Armor: 0 | Barter: 5

Great. Now, I'm normally not one to complain when things get heated up, but we're not going to get anything while Gladd's waving that gun of his around like that. I give Jeanette a brief look, letting her know that I've got this handled, and then gently place my hand on his wrist, "Gladd, listen to me," I say to him, my voice low, and calm, "I need you to calm down for a second," I slowly lower his hand back down, "We'll find your daughter, I promise, but I need you to trust me, okay? So just let me handle this, alright?"

quote:

@Red: 2d6+1 Talking Gladd down = (1+5)+1 = 7

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Baba

"Uh uh." I say, looking unconvinced. I'm going to have to keep my eyes open with this one. "Sure, why not. If you can take me to those coyotes I'll gladly follow you."

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Honeydew: Flintjack takes the bat and puts it by you. "Let me know when you're ready to talk." There's another 'plink' as Mimi finds another bullet to take out. She pauses, and looks down on you.

"Were you sick before getting shot? There's something...strange going on in your body I think." She pokes into a wound with her tweezers and takes ahold of something inside your body-

Springheel shows up right in front of you, a clenched fist in front of your face that she releases. Blood flows out, and you see Corbett's beard, Visage's gas mask, Dolma's bow...all sorts of items that belong to people in Jayna's gang. Or rather what was once her gang. She drops the blood soaked items onto your hands, winks, and gives you a "shh" gesture-

"-like some kind of internal infection? poo poo...I don't know much about this. You'd have to go to Mustang," Mimi finishes, not aware your attention was elsewhere. The items are gone along with Springheel. What do you do?

Red: Gladd pauses when you take ahold of his hand. "Get her to talk quickly then. If she's going to jerk us around, I'll just shoot her instead." Jeanette looks like she's thinking of trying to run for it. What do you do?

Baba: Mother Superior takes you to Tref Maer, lost in her own thoughts during the drive. Eventually you arrive and with the knowledge from your previous vision, you're able to locate the distillery. But the people inside look to be on high alert, and sure enough Dog Head isn't among them. What do you do?

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Baba

On the way there, I think back at the vision I had. While it was certainly satisfying to see that jackal get its throat slit, I don't know for sure that that's what happened. The Forest is tricksy like that. Sometimes it shows you what has happened, sometimes it shows you what could have happened. Still, if somebody really did do him in, I'll gladly line their pockets with some jingle.

Once we arrive, my eyes drag from one person to the next, on high alert. I don't like this. After being robbed like that, all of my insticts tell me to bunker down in my shack and fortify myself. But I can't afford to do that right now.

I lean closely towards Mother Superior. "Well? Where's Dog Head and his people?"

paradoxGentleman fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Feb 26, 2019

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Baba: She points at the building. "They're part of that sinful group in there." She looks a bit wistful. "They're hiding in there, well-armored and armed. It might be a bit much for us to take out all of them, but if you have an idea for bringing out the thieves I can take them out when they're separated." She reaches into the glove box and takes out a garrote. Her smile grows until she bares her teeth like a predator about to pounce. What do you do?

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.
Honeydew
Cool +3 | Hard+1 | Hot +2 | Sharp+1 | Wierd=0
Harm 12:00 | Infection 6:00 | XP 2/5 | Armor 1 | Barter 3

"I held onto a past I never knew and I was nearly murdered for it. The world is changing. Maybe I'm finally changing with it." I let out a hoarse laugh and threw an arm over my face as burning tears threatened to squeeze through my clenched eyelids. The pain I could ignore easily enough. The memory of Dog Head, Corbett and the rest gunning me down hurt more than I possibly imagine. I had always been so proud of my skills...and I had choked in the face of people I would otherwise never think twice about. I couldn;t even take a small bit of satisfaction that their boss was dead. I had liked Jayna, and it wasn;t her orders that made it happen anyway. It was all such a loving mess.

I laid there and languished in my misery while Mimi went about her work, and wondered at what she had meant about an infection. I hadn't been ill in months and that had been nothing more than a can of some kind of processed meat that had gone over. Maybe I would talk to Mustang. If I could find it in myself to even care.

Honeydew will let Mimi finish with her work and once she feels able to walk, go find Flintjack.

Shardix fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Feb 28, 2019

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Honeydew: "Uh," Mimi says in reaction to your words. "Just don't tell her you're with us. If you are. I'm not sure what's up. Anyway, she doesn't want anything to do with us so keep that in mind." Mimi does what she can to remove the bullets and bandage your wounds. You can move on your own after a little while, and pick up the bat on your way out. Flintjack is waiting nearby, chunks of wood scattered around his feet. He looks up from the block of wood he was about to work on and greets you. "Hey Honeydew. How are you?" What do you do?

You're at 9:00 harm but stabilized. You'll need to have Mimi treat you over a long period of time if you don't go to Mustang.

Heliotrope fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Mar 1, 2019

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.
Honeydew
Harm 12:00 | Infection 6:00 | XP 2/5 | Armor 1 | Barter 3

"...Not great.." I hobbled over, using the bat as a crutch. I glanced around for somewhere to sit and slowly lowered myself down with a pained sigh. "I don't know who I hate more. The people who almost killed me or myself for letting it happen." I leaned forward, letting my eyes rest. The light was stabbing into my head and I pulled my hair over my face a bit to shield it further.

"I came face to face with death and..."

I shook my head slowly, trying to figure out the right words for how I felt. I could be diplomatic but diplomacy had absolutely nothing to do with being open.

"It broke me and I have no idea who I am or where I'm going and I hate it." I sucked in a ragged breath and continued. "Carve me a mask to hide away from myself and I'm yours. Whatever you want done, no questions asked. You saved my life, and I'll pay my debts. Happily. If you'll have me."

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Baba
Cool +2 | Hard -1| Hot=0 | Sharp+1 | Weird+2 |
Harm 9:00 | 0/5 XP| Armor: 1| Barter 5

I grimace. I was really hoping that they had him under control already. That's what I get for making assumptions, I guess.
"Alright, I'll see what I can do. Let me give this place a look-see."

Trying my best to look inconspicous, I take a little walk around the distillery, eyes open for any possible way in.

quote:

Got a 9 in my "read a sitch" roll, so I ask "What's my best way in?"
Also I mark XP and get an advance. I'll take +1 cool.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Red, the Driver
Harm: 0:00 | XP: 0/5 | Armor: 0 | Barter: 5

I nod at Gladd, and then slowly approach the nervous Jeanette, "Alright, hun, listen," I take another step closer, keeping my voice calm and as nonthreatening as possible, "My name is Red. I work for Mama. She's one of the big shots over at Tref Maer. Whatever it is that's troubling you, I can help you. I can talk to Mama for you, have her keep you around with people guarding you. Keep you safe from danger," I kneel down beside her, and take her hand, "But you gotta tell me what you know, first. Tell me, and I'll keep you safe. I promise."

quote:

@Red: 2d6+3 Reputation roll = (2+4)+3 = 9

@Red: 2d6+1 Manipulate = (5+1)+1 = 7

With that, I advance, and as my advancement, I'm taking Eyes on the door.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Honeydew: Flintjack looks at you for a moment, before speaking. "You'll figure it out. We all do at some point." He picks up some of the wood. "I'll see what I can do with this, and we can have a little brainstorming session." He takes the knife he uses for woodcutting and examines the block he has. "First, we take out Jayna's former gang." He starts carving very carefully. "It can't be a coincidence that Mama wanted me gone and then this happens. So I'm going to kill her and take over her operations. That'll make sure the rest of them don't try this again." He looks at you. "I'll happily take your help." What do you do?

Baba: While sneaking around the place and looking in, you see a door slightly ajar. Getting closer you see it's slightly busted and doesn't quite close and the people inside currently aren't watching it. You can see several of them are talking with each other, one of them looking real unhappy with the rest. What do you do?

Red: Jeanette looks a bit more hopeful when you mention giving her protection with Mama's help. "Take me to her first, and I'll tell you then." Gladd frowns and she says "The two of you aren't going to be able to do anything on your own." What do you do?

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Baba

I look at the door's hinges with a measure of disgust. Bah! That's what sloppy craftmanship'll get you. All the better for me to sneak in unobserved and listen in on what's going on there...

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.
Honeydew

I nodded at his declaration of intent before catching Flintjack's eyes with my own, staring out through my curtain of hair. "One last thing. There's a man around named Prim. I'm going to kill him, and I would like your help now that Jayna is dead." I struggled back to my feet as exhaustion began crashing down upon me. "But we can talk about that later. Where can I go to pass out for a while?"

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Red, the Driver

I smile, "Sure," I stand up, and turn to Gladd, "It's the best shot we got," I shrug slightly, "She's your best bet at finding your daughter, and it's not like we've got any other leads," I put a reassuring hand on his shoulder, "We'll get her back, I promise you that much."

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Baba: As you sneak in you see Dog Head lying on the ground dead. Someone is trying to clean up the blood from his slit throat, not very successfully. Meanwhile, a woman who is arguing with Corbett and some other gang members. You remember her as Hatira, who used to work at the Forgotten Stone Cafe. "What the hell was that about? You can't just shoot everyone who insults you."

"She killed Dog Head," Corbett simply says.

"He started a fight. Honeydew could have been a decent customer or done work for us! You need to take it easy! gently caress." She throws her arms up in frustration. "We'll just wait for Jayna to get back and sort this mess out." You see the other people on her side are the people who worked for the Forgotten Stone cafe as well. The people they're talking to don't seem to be taking her words to heart. What do you do?

Honeydew: Flintjack picks you up and carries you. "Sure, no problem. Where is he? Once we settle things here I could use a break. Kind of miss going out into the Forest and killing the creatures there." He brings you to a room and lays you down on a giant bed. Probably Shi Shi's old room that he now sleeps in. He puts a serving bell that used to be used for when food was ready and places it on the cabinet next to the bed. "Ring it if you need any help. I'd like to strike early, so if there's anything in or out of town you'd like to do, try and do it sometime soon." What do you do?

Red: Jeanette goes into her hut. "I just want to bring this with me," she says as she carries out a radio transmitter with her. From what you can see in her home as she brings it out, it's probably the most valuable thing she has. "Okay, let's go." Gladd rides on the back, Jeanette on the side with her transmitter.

You reach Tref Maer, and most specifically Mama. Or rather, Scrap greets you, sees Gladd, and then gets Mama for you. She approaches with Barbarossa aiming his sawed-off at Gladd. "Why did you bring one of Flintjack's people here? And who is she?" Mama points at Jeanette, who stays in the side car and merely waves hello. What do you do?

Heliotrope fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Mar 8, 2019

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.
Honeydew

What the hell just happened? Had I really just gotten scooped up and carried to a room? The sheer audacity had left me too numbed to protest. As I fumbled to sit up, I jabbed a finger towards Flintjack.

"Don't ever do that again. Half dead I may be, but I can still," I tried to stifle a yawn, failing utterly to muster any real anger over it. "-still carry myself on my own two feet."

The bed was soft and yielding and I could tell I would not be able to make myself climb back out of it without a struggle. Not even my stitched up wounds were loud and angry enough to stay me from this well deserved rest. I sank into the bed, a hand lightly resting on the baseball bat and I only just managed to remember to kick my boots off before exhaustion finally pulled me down into the inky depths.

Honeydew intends to sleep deep and start healing. Might be a good place to leave her while we wrap this session up.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Baba

Well, well. So Dog Head really is dead. Good. But I see that his two fellow coyotes are still around. Flushing them out to Mother Superior isn't going to be easy; why would they leave this nice, defensible place?

I am considering my options when a strong smell tickles my nose. Alcohol. Of course, the 'sinful beverage' that that coot was talking about. This gives me an idea... moving slowly, as to not alert them before I have found what I need, I follow the scent of alcohol, as I fish in my jacket for my old lighter. I don't smoke, my health is bad enough as it is, but I always keep it nice and full. You never know when it can be useful to light a little fire. Like in this case, for example...

Got a 12 on my Act Under Fire roll to start a fire.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Honeydew: "You looked like you were going to collapse," Flintjack says with a shrug. He heads out and you fall into a deep sleep.

You float in the inky depths for what feels like...actually you don't know. Time passes, but you don't know how much. Or that's how it feels anyway. Then you feel someone's arm start to hold your side, a dirty and bloody one attached to a dirty and bloody Springheel. "Don't go to Mustang," she says softly. She starts touching your hair with her other hand like she did when she was alive. "I can help you get the revenge you want. I'll let you know where Prim is and what he's up to. I'll let you know what's going to happen to Washing. I can give you what you need to get revenge on the people that did this to you and the world that let it happen. I can help you take control of your life. Just let me in. And let a few of the people at the distillary live." She gives you a warm embrace, but her skin feels...off somehow. Cold and rough. "I can always offer you more for anything else you want." What do you do?

Baba: You find their supply of alcohol and begin to pour it around while they talk and manage to light the place on fire before they can realize what's going on. Some of them flee outside and split up to try and find who did this, while others stay and try to put out. Corbett is one of the ones who leaves, while Orson stays and tries to help the others put it out.

Heliotrope fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Mar 10, 2019

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Baba

Still in the rapidly burning building, I take out my rifle. People are zipping this way and that to try and calm the fire, but I know what I'm doing. It's going to take them quite a bit of time. Plenty of time for me to follow Orson's position, and take aim, and take a deep breath to steady my arm, and finally to pull the trigger.

I allow myself half a second to see that coyote take my lead. Then I make my escape.
Rolled a 10 on my Sucker Someone roll.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Baba: You aim your rifle at Orson's head and pull the trigger. Her left eye erupts in blood and gore as the bullet hits it, and there's a small moment before she seems to realize what happens and falls to the ground screaming in agony. The rest of them stop in shock, and then pull out their own pistols. They start looking for who shot Orson, but they can't spot you immediately due to the smoke and fire. What do you do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Red, the Driver

I give Mama an easy smile, and say, "Don't worry, Mama. Gladd here isn't anyone you ever have to worry about. and this," I motion over to Jeanette, "Is Jeanette. She's someone who's found herself in a bit a trouble, and I agreed to help her out. Someone's spooked her bad, and she's looking for protection from whoever it is," I approach Mama, and lower my voice quietly down to a whisper, so no-one else can hear what I'm about to say to her, "Glad lost his kid, and I'm helping he'd be really grateful if I find her. Maybe even grateful enough to owe us a debt. It wouldn't hurt to have someone on the inside who can tell us what Flintjack's up to," I smile, "And Jeanette? She knows where the kid is, and my gut's telling me she knows a lot more about what's going on the area. She could be useful to us, and besides, it wouldn't hurt to add a few more new people to our ranks."

quote:

@Red: 2d6+1 Manipulate Mama = (6+2)+1 = 9

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Mar 11, 2019