Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

plz remember that it was ~ME~ who told you that everything you like is actually really not good, because I knew all along.

https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/s...649139868774401

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

plz remember that it was ~ME~ who told you that everything you like is actually really not good, because I knew all along.

projecthalaxy posted:

List of things that i am excited for at summerslam:
-Almas and Vega vs Rusev and Lana
-Becky winning the title
-the end of the Bork Lazer nightmare

Last two won't happen, first one will be pre-show

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

boar guy posted:

didn't take 'em very long to nakamura asuka, did it

Downside of the women's division until/unless tag titles happen is there's no midcard belt consolation prize for losers

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

VJeff posted:

Brock is loving gone the second he drops that belt, I can assure you.

Guess it's not gonna be Summerslam then

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

1 month and 1 week ago
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5PvHxPTWuI

quote:

Bryan spoke about his ongoing feud with The Miz, and had the following to say when asked if he would want to face “The A-Lister” at WrestleMania 35.

“I am definitely up for it”, explained Bryan, h/t to Cagesideseats.com for the transcription. “My question – you ask me that question, I will answer it with a question. Do you trust WWE with telling that story from now until WrestleMania 35? [laughs]Like, what in the last several years has shown to you that something like that is possible here?”

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1026962279776960512

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DarkstarIV posted:

The rumors are that [Asuka] will be facing Carmella tonight and being added into the Summerslam match. It makes sense since Carmella isnt booked for anything else.

I'm sorry for you that this did not happen

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

CarlCX posted:

That tag match was loving great, and I enjoyed it deeply, and I want to just be more excited for more of it.

But The Usos feuded with and lost the titles to The New Day, who then took the titles back from The Usos, who then took the titles back from The New Day, who then took the titles back from The Usos, who then took the titles back from The New Day, and then the Bludgeon Brothers showed up and won the belts, and now they're going to be defending them against The New Day, who earned their shot by defeating The Bar and The Usos.

It's not like I don't adore them, they're two of the best teams in wrestling history, but it's been this constant back and forth for like a year and a half now and I was really enjoying the tag team championship not involving those same two teams forever.

Zayn/Owens should have taught the audience that when they chant "fight forever" watching a match, WWE takes that as a challenge and you never get to see its participants advance beyond that

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Benne posted:

https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/1027652506472435712

I keep forgetting these guys are still employed

Can't see them having much more chances to stay that way unfortunately

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Punk not helping Colt in his legal fees is pretty much the only thing he could've done to turn me against him. You don't leave comrades behind

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

List of things that i am excited for at summerslam:
-Almas and Vega vs Rusev and Lana
-Becky winning the title
-the end of the Bork Lazer nightmare

Chris James 2 posted:

Last two won't happen, first one will be pre-show

I'm sorry my friend

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DarkstarIV posted:

Also I dunno if WWE can resist the urge to potentially run Charlotte/Becky vs Sasha/Bayley for the rumored women's tag titles at Evolution. I can't think of a bigger match otherwise if those titles are introduced.

Charlotte/Becky vs Sasha/Bayley vs Carmella/Alexa

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

is pepsi ok posted:

lol, maybe they are worried about a backlash if Becky took the pin?

I'm reminded of (IIRC) a part of an Alvarez rant that was essentially "if you're so worried about someone looking bad or stupid in a match, you could just always, I dunno, not book them for that match?"

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TheKingslayer posted:

I love that rant. Because without fail WWE always just books them in the drat match anyway.

My favorite recent example was last Summerslam

Brock/Reigns/Joe/Braun

So, the last two people there the fans loved and didn't want to see lose that match, and Braun in particular they didn't want to see lose in general and only wanted him to kill people and win and be champ. Obviously that couldn't happen. Oh, also this wasn't either's first title match against Brock, and neither could really afford to lose another.

The first two people there the fans at best didn't like, at worst were already sick of being matched up together. (Sidenote: Two matches together since, a third scheduled for this Summerslam.) Brock WWE didn't want losing the belt yet, and Reigns they didn't want winning the belt yet. Neither could afford a loss, and Reigns had already lost a lot of title matches before this. (Again, far from stopping by that point)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Kairi should feel nervous about a callup right now

Io should feel nervous about coming into the company right now

Asuka's right to be pissed and I'm glad she's making it known to WWE. 6+ hour show yet can't be booked, ridiculous

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2...ior-randy-orton

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The Big Dog is essential. You don't just want Roman Reigns, you Need Roman Reigns

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Never let any friends on a podcast. It either ends in lawsuits or the podcast dying (rip pisscast)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/WWEBrayWyatt/st...770565216194562