Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
lol Alex Jones is still verified on Twitter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Also Alex Jones doesn’t know the difference between Trent Reznor and Johnny Cash

https://twitter.com/realalexjones/status/277968076950077441?s=21

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

VikingSkull posted:

So is the commander of the white genocide kill teams, that NYT tech writer.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Hmmm interesting but what about the brothers Bogandoff?

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

turn off the TV posted:

So is the commander of the white genocide kill teams, that NYT tech writer.

good, all garbage people should be forced to use twitter

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

I liked your article a lot, it was really funny

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
"He also hosts a video show that consists entirely of him screaming incoherently while sweating so much that he permanently warps the floorboards."

"he instead has a very small, non-functioning cotton candy machine staffed by several somewhat larger circus clowns?"

hahaha

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

glad you're still writing stuff OP

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Disappointed by the lack of gay frogs in the article.

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

What do you like writing about, Lowtax? Honest question.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Vato posted:

What do you like writing about, Lowtax? Honest question.

tax cuts i imagine :smug:

anyways *glances around room* i need conversation peices

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
Twitter is bad and anyone banned from it should be thankful.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
oh boo hoo, how am I going to spend an hour or more each day reading hate notes from people who misread a joke

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
imagine lowtax smoking grisly pipes & writing prose in his writing shed, by a welsh bog, wall & roof hemed in by gales of inspiration

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Julius CSAR posted:

Also Alex Jones doesn’t know the difference between Trent Reznor and Johnny Cash
Johnny Cash is a Reagenesque badass and Trent Reznor is a liberal-shill minion of Soros.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Gazpacho posted:

oh boo hoo, how am I going to spend an hour or more each day reading hate notes from people who misread a joke

I dunno how?

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
The plan to eradicate the internet with the infinity gauntlet is a very good one but I think a more financially savvy move would be to allow users to pay money not to be erased. Then you erase them.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

VikingSkull posted:

So are the Proud Boys.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Gazpacho posted:

Twitter is bad and anyone banned from it should be thankful.
I actually, truly am. You don't realize how negative and toxic Twitter is until you stop using it.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lmao

https://twitter.com/jack/status/1026984245925793792
https://twitter.com/jack/status/1026984249960755200

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/dasharez0ne/status/1026979103927357441

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

He didn't violate any of the rules of Calvinball that we use.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
it loving stuns me every time people trot out the free speech slippery slope horseshit all the while not realizing that the constitution keeps you from facing criminal charges for saying poo poo

the government could not possibly give less of a gently caress what a corporation lets you say or not say lol

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/ashleyfeinberg/status/1026994995369259008

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
ban the merry andrew!! hurl a cud at the voluptuous shock jock!!

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
at the risk of sounding like a suckass; its good when the taxman writes frontpage articles.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

Orkin Mang posted:

imagine lowtax smoking grisly pipes & writing prose in his writing shed, by a welsh bog, wall & roof hemed in by gales of inspiration

this is literally how i post

right down to the shed

they call it a "Casita" here in the sunny Southwest

the bog costs a fortune to maintain

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Coolguye posted:

the government could not possibly give less of a gently caress what a corporation lets you say or not say lol

I'd say that if a corporation not letting someone say something results in elected officials publicly endorsing/condemning the move then yes the government does care about it.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Coolguye posted:

it loving stuns me every time people trot out the free speech slippery slope horseshit all the while not realizing that the constitution keeps you from facing criminal charges for saying poo poo

thank the gods that corporations and the government have no direct links I hope it stays that way forever

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop

old beast lunatic posted:

Since Jones is looking for publishers you should offer him a front page writing gig.

dothisdothisdothis.

It can't hurt to ask. Tell him honestly that SA is probably not his demographic, but you support his right to have his writings published.

It'll provide some good comedy material for the forums, his followers will probably spend a couple months of server fees making accounts and getting banned, which provides even more laughs. We can take the influx of stupidity. It will be like a late-summer festival of idiocy. Its a win-win all around.

Either way, keep writing Lowtax. It was your front page articles that brought me to SA years ago, well before my reg date.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Ultra Carp
Im from twitter and im here to say
Banning you for hate speech is my game

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Ultra Carp
*beatboxes*

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vimZj8HW0Kg

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
drat good stuff, Lowtax.

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I've never heard of this Alex Jones character before, but after reading your article I decided to check him out and he actually has some pretty good points. I smashed that like button, slammed that subscribe, and signed up as a leadership circle member on his patreon page. Thanks for helping spread the truth, op.

Orange Cat
Feb 26, 2013

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

drat good stuff, Lowtax.

Concur.

Uganda Loves Me
May 24, 2002

I don't think we should encourage people to encase alt-right social media celebrities in concrete. I recommend a transparent epoxy, so you can see them like an alt-right jello fruit salad.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Dessication is the best way, we can turn them into amusing quad copters like that guy did to his cat.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
It was good but I think it's time you take the reigns on a full fledged Twitter conspiracy so you can get some of that vitamin money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Legit read your article, and laughed my rear end off. I hate twitter too. I had created my first twitter account, noticed a dumb politician saying a dumb thing, told them "OMG just shut up please" and had my account suspsended within a few minutes. I have no idea why I ended up giving it a try again two more times (probably because I'm a moron).

Yeah, first SA article I've read in a while and yes, I will start reading the site a lot more often so you don't end up on some street corner, giving blowjobs for food.

• Locked thread