Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dorothy Lynch
Jul 3, 2018
Keep writing articles like this Lowtax. They are awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Creamed Cormp posted:

my knowledge of 4chan history isn't perfect (and lol if anyone's is), but /pol/ is more or less the rebirth of /n/ after it was deleted for being taken over by actual legit bona fide neo-nazis during a stormfront psyop. So while you're kinda sorta correct in that a new influx of users changed the userbase (though not as much as you'd think, some boards like /tg/ are still decent and nazi-free), there's a difference between inviting new users in a controlled way and getting invaded by literals 1488-kikekiller. Also as much as Alex Jones is an idiot I wouldn't call him a nazi or neo nazi. Insane fringe lolbertarian maybe?

I just realized I typed all these words and that they sound very dumb but I'm still gonna :justpost:

edit : vvvv that's fair

he's the political Art Bell

kickascii
Mar 30, 2010
Turns out Alex Jones wasnt paranoid - they really were after him.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

kickascii posted:

Turns out Alex Jones wasnt paranoid - they really were after him.

Alex Jones was paranoid about grieving families bringing down lawsuit hell on him and making him commercial poison for various private companies?

I dunno, that's kind of like being paranoid about being pulled over for going 110 on the highway.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
I did it! Two updates in two days! In today's article, I definitively solve the problem of gun violence in America! This is because I have a really smart brain.

https://www.somethingawful.com/news/endgun-violence/

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Lowtax posted:

I did it! Two updates in two days! In today's article, I definitively solve the problem of gun violence in America! This is because I have a really smart brain.

im going to buy more hooch...then ill read themse ;)

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Crimson Harvest posted:

Lowtax I read your lovely article and I gotta say, if you're so smart why aren't you rich.
Money corrupts

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Orkin Mang posted:

im going to buy more hooch...then ill read themse ;)

Get your drat priorities in order you son of a Bitcoin

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
Good on you for solving the problems Rich, god knows that the gay frogmen who run the government aren't going to.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

By popular demand posted:

Good on you for solving the problems Rich, god knows that the gay frogmen who run the government aren't going to.

I'm going to write a cookbook listing all my favorite spirit cooking recipes

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
good job lowtax. goongratulations

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

your friend a dog posted:

good job lowtax. goongratulations
Thank you very much, I truly appreciate it. I'm once again finding the joy in writing that I lost 15 years ago, and it's great!!!

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Everyone hates Alex.

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
twitter? i barely know 'er!

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
You should totally invite him to join the forums and then ban his rear end.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Give him his own subforum for a while, likr d smart

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Parts Kit posted:

thatd really own him!! take that right in the wallet u fat fucker!!!!

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Give him his own subforum for a while, likr d smart

has alex jones ever compiled stalking dossiers on people for making the wrong kind of ram?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

your friend a dog posted:

has alex jones ever compiled stalking dossiers on people for making the wrong kind of ram?

Nah he seems more like the lazy type. I bet he doesn't even use notes for his owm show

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Alex Jones is basically a fire-and-brimstone preacher for atheists

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Alex Jones is basically a fire-and-brimstone preacher for atheists

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Say Nothing posted:

Everyone hates Alex.

you would not BELIEVE how disappointed i was that a video about gay frogs wasnt homosexual frenchmen

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

Parts Kit posted:

Give him a FYAD only account, he'll fit right in.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Pre-ban him just for the hell of it.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Say Nothing posted:

Everyone hates Alex.

Twitter is still A-OK with him, probably because they don't want to risk losing so much traffic to the mega-popular, fan favorite Gab

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Say Nothing posted:

Pre-ban him just for the hell of it.

u stupid idiot. u fuckin moron. do u know nothing

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Lowtax posted:

Twitter is still A-OK with him, probably because they don't want to risk losing so much traffic to the mega-popular, fan favorite Gab

lol Gab hahahaaaaaaaa

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lowtax posted:

lol Gab hahahaaaaaaaa

what does that mean, lowtax, ok

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
"Our freedom-loving, slave-owning Founding Fathers decided to flee England in 1776"

heh he heh

" Most gun violence is due to either personal disagreements regarding personal hygiene, or with the main goal of causing a person who was previously living to become dead.

hahahaha

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Lowtax posted:

I liked this a lot, you are on a roll.

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi

lmfao

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Creamed Cormp posted:

my knowledge of 4chan history isn't perfect (and lol if anyone's is), but /pol/ is more or less the rebirth of /n/ after it was deleted for being taken over by actual legit bona fide neo-nazis during a stormfront psyop. So while you're kinda sorta correct in that a new influx of users changed the userbase (though not as much as you'd think, some boards like /tg/ are still decent and nazi-free), there's a difference between inviting new users in a controlled way and getting invaded by literals 1488-kikekiller. Also as much as Alex Jones is an idiot I wouldn't call him a nazi or neo nazi. Insane fringe lolbertarian maybe?

I just realized I typed all these words and that they sound very dumb but I'm still gonna :justpost:

edit : vvvv that's fair
i listened to alex jones on the radio before he was popular :coal:

well relatively popular anyways. he does have a consistent ideology actually but going back it has always been extreme ultra-nationalism. fear of internationalism, the foreign, etc. most people got introduced to him during the ron paul craze, which is why i think he was associated with this kind of uber-libertarianism. but the it's really just nationalism.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
Thank you to everybody here encouraging me, it seriously means a ton to me. Also anti-thank you to the people discussing 4chan for some unimaginable issue.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
Thanks for replying to my taunt.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
This was a legimately good read

You do have an expert perspective as someone who has been wrangling internet assholes for decades

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
that gun violence article is Quality

seriously lowtax top marks

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
Keep doing funny poo poo Lowtax

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Keep doing funny poo poo Lowtax

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

what if you pick a new pseudonym for twitter and WE'LL all know and follow you but whoever spazzes out with the banhammer over twitter won't!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Lowtax posted:

I like how the article comes up with unique solutions to the problem. I was reading it assuming you'd drop some serious answer at some point, and that expectation made it never happening amusing in itself.

• Locked thread