Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

This game is very zen.

To truly hack the planet, one must first hack oneself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Unlucky7 posted:

I am at work and I can’t check, does replicating increase the total size by the EXA being replicated?

Nope. Size refers only to code written at the start of the simulation.

The second manual has repetition directives, but the "compiled" code is what's counted for the size. Thus, the small number of directive lines needed to repeat one instruction 100 times will still act as 100 lines for the purpose of total size.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I made Redshift play the first two measures of DOOM's E1M1 theme (At Doom's Gate) instead of making a game.

Sounds like crap, but I'm going to count it as complete.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

Broken Cog posted:

I've gotta admit it's kinda funny that you have to "Leave No Trace" in your own Gameboy.

I figured that the exa would screw up the firmware checksums at runtime or something

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

chaosbreather posted:

I agree that it definitely feels like about the easiest Zachtronics game, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Probably the easiest programming game, sure, but Opus Magnus is certainly the easiest factory game.

Yes, all the factory ones have programmatic elements, even Infinifactory by way of control logic circuits, but it isn't the focus as much as spacial design.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

Dieting Hippo posted:

I got the Bitmap to EXA code generator in a usable state for all your Redshift sprite needs: https://github.com/braids/Bitmap2EXA

It should compile in VS2017, and meets minimum requirements in the spirit of the best Zachtronics puzzle solutions :v:

I was looking to do the same for a (really bad) sound transcoder, but I have no idea what format the input could take. I was just taking the scale and transcribing the appropriate numbers.

Plus, with the framerate such as it is and with no sub-frame waiting (unless enough NOOP instructions actually can suffice?), the time signatures supported are limited and likely nonstandard, with the shortest possible note in an approximate 4/4 being the thirty-secondth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

We'll probably do a new thread but I wanted to be the first to say

Opening up the precursor catalog to *whatever you want* after the first two is simply evil