Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«69 »
The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Pillbug

Shaocaholica posted:

Bubba can't hear you.

Not mine but close. I won't have irons and will be attaching an absolute co-witness height mount for a pistol dot.

Any idea who makes that stock? Most of the aftermarket SKS stocks are too tacticlolly for me; that one is just right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frunksock
Feb 21, 2002

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

Any idea who makes that stock? Most of the aftermarket SKS stocks are too tacticlolly for me; that one is just right.

Are you the guy who makes guns on YouTube?

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Pillbug

Hah, no, sorry - I don't post in TFR all that often but I should probably include that disclaimer. I never heard of him until I saw him referenced here - I guess we're both Mark Twain fans (Royal Nonesuch is a faux-stageplay two old shyster guys run in Huck Finn).

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

https://www.riflestock.com

Royal Nonesuch is a faux-stageplay two old shyster guys run in Huck Finn

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Glad I don't have to grip fin these.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Yeah you got your letters eh? beautiful guns, and you have sights for all of them, heh.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Got letters for all of them except the M+M because they need to add that maker to the maker list.

Rubber Slug
Aug 7, 2010

THE BLUE DEMON RIDES AGAIN

Is it weird that I havenít heard a peep about my AW registration? I submitted it on May 19th. Just a single basic bitch AR.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

People have been reporting that.

(and for the record, I haven't gotten a peep either, but I submitted mine late)

BeAuMaN fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Aug 12, 2018

flightless greeb
Jan 28, 2016

I love that orange! Is that RIT dye? Im also in the market for a PRS stock for my V93, how do you like it?

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?

So I moved to Texas from California recently.

Figuring out what to do with all my featureless stuff I'm removing from my rifles... and 10 round magazines.. which lead me to this discovery.

I was wondering how permanent the 10 round limited high capacity Glock magazines I purchased in California was... well... what is California's definition of a permanent? I mean stores was selling this, and pop riveted 30 round ar magazines so I suspect I can drill out the rivets and have a standard magazine..

/edit on the plus side I don't have to buy a few new magazines in Texas. If you own one of these in California, I'd probably put a pop rivet on the bottom to be on the safe side.

Big K of Justice fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Aug 12, 2018

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

flightless greeb posted:

I love that orange! Is that RIT dye? Im also in the market for a PRS stock for my V93, how do you like it?

Yeah its dye. That's not a PRS stock, its a Zhukov. It's ok and works but it could be better.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Rubber Slug posted:

Is it weird that I havenít heard a peep about my AW registration? I submitted it on May 19th. Just a single basic bitch AR.

Go back to the website and see if the status changed. They also send out email for corrections and you donít want to miss those as you only get 30 days to make the correction.

frunksock
Feb 21, 2002

lol

flightless greeb
Jan 28, 2016

Shaocaholica posted:

Yeah its dye. That's not a PRS stock, its a Zhukov. It's ok and works but it could be better.

Sorry, the second part was about your G3

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

flightless greeb posted:

Sorry, the second part was about your G3

Oh yeah. Forgot that one is called a PRS. Itís good but heavy. Only option really unless you get an AR tube adapter or some expensive HK PSG1/MGS90 part.

Rubber Slug
Aug 7, 2010

Shaocaholica posted:

Go back to the website and see if the status changed. They also send out email for corrections and you donít want to miss those as you only get 30 days to make the correction.

The status is "In progress," which I think is what it's always been. No emails from them yet, either.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Shaocaholica posted:

Oh yeah. Forgot that one is called a PRS. Itís good but heavy. Only option really unless you get an AR tube adapter or some expensive HK PSG1/MGS90 part.

Spuhr Stock for maximum function and maximum

flightless greeb
Jan 28, 2016

ugh Spuhr stocks are about the most hideous stock I can imagine lol - tbh the stock I'd be most happy with is the regular rear end G3 stock with the little plastic cheek riser. Except somehow that costs more than a PRS and is harder to find!!

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Yeah but youíll never had the perfect comb without an adjustable stock but I do think there needs to be something light for red dots and low power optics.

flightless greeb
Jan 28, 2016

The trigger on my V93 sucks so bad it'll never be a contender for any kind of prime shooting award, plus yeah the optic I got for it is a fixed 4x. But I'll prolly do the PRS just because.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

flightless greeb posted:

The trigger on my V93 sucks so bad it'll never be a contender for any kind of prime shooting award, plus yeah the optic I got for it is a fixed 4x. But I'll prolly do the PRS just because.

Send it out for a trigger job. That's what I did for mine. The first 'stage' take-up distance in a HK pack is adjustable if the gunsmith knows their poo poo. Make sure you have them adjust it to something you prefer if you know your 2-stage triggers.

flightless greeb
Jan 28, 2016

Who'd you send it to? My main problem is the trigger break is both heavy and squishy with no defined breaking point.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

flightless greeb posted:

Who'd you send it to? My main problem is the trigger break is both heavy and squishy with no defined breaking point.

I sent mine to Bill Springfield (https://www.triggerwork.net) who apparently has some really really bad feedback online. But he did mine quick and it seems OK. I mainly went with him because I had a bunch of other jobs for him and he was the only person who did that kind of work like an improved G3 buffer.

The other place that does HK rifle trigger jobs is https://www.williamstriggers.com and they seem much better in terms of feedback but they do cost more.

flightless greeb
Jan 28, 2016

I'm in LA for the rest of August, can I swing by and try it out??? lol

Good to know, I thought Springfield had retired or I'd have had him on my list. Good to know about the feedback tho

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

flightless greeb posted:

I'm in LA for the rest of August, can I swing by and try it out??? lol

Good to know, I thought Springfield had retired or I'd have had him on my list. Good to know about the feedback tho

Who knows. He could be dead I haven't had contact with him since the work.

PM me and we can work something out. Why are you in LA?

flightless greeb
Jan 28, 2016

Sent you a pm

I Demand Food
Nov 17, 2002

Just ordered ammo online for the first time since Gunpocalypse/Prop 63 went into effect and all I can say is gently caress Gavin Newsom in his entitled, coke-snorting, booze-gurgling, subordinate-boinking, astroturf-peddling rear end.

Between the sales tax and dealer transfer fees, I'm paying about 20% more than I would have last year and get to pay shipping for something I need to drive and pick up anyway.

TheAsterite
Dec 31, 2008

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Greeb, what did you spend on your SCAR if you dont mind me asking? Iíd love to have one.

Edit: whoops, wrong thread.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I Demand Food posted:

Just ordered ammo online for the first time since Gunpocalypse/Prop 63 went into effect and all I can say is gently caress Gavin Newsom in his entitled, coke-snorting, booze-gurgling, subordinate-boinking, astroturf-peddling rear end.

Between the sales tax and dealer transfer fees, I'm paying about 20% more than I would have last year and get to pay shipping for something I need to drive and pick up anyway.

I probably already told you to get your C&R/FFL03 + CoE at some point so you don't deal with this bs but it only makes sense if you order a decent amount of ammo or if you don't mind paying for the convenience.

It sounds like you ordered online from somewhere and sent it to a dealer? What kind of fees were you getting charged?

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

I can't believe it, but my local stores haven't started gouging on ammo (yet). I routinely see sales on 223 for ~30cpr or 9mm for 18cpr if you buy a case. It's actually quite shocking they haven't jacked prices up like crazy.

I Demand Food
Nov 17, 2002

BeAuMaN posted:

I probably already told you to get your C&R/FFL03 + CoE at some point so you don't deal with this bs but it only makes sense if you order a decent amount of ammo or if you don't mind paying for the convenience.

It sounds like you ordered online from somewhere and sent it to a dealer? What kind of fees were you getting charged?

I don't order anywhere near enough to make it worth it as what I just ordered will probably last me the better part of a year at the rate I've been shooting.

My favorite FFL charges $10 per 1000 rounds of ammo.

On this order, I'm paying $60 in taxes and $30 in fees.

The taxes I should have theoretically been paying on out of state online ammo purchases but didn't (because, really, who does that voluntarily) are the main thing driving the cost of this order up. But even the fees are something that I would have preferred to buy 3 more bricks of Mini Mags with.

Rubber Slug
Aug 7, 2010

Even if you donít buy a high volume of ammo you should get a COE/C&R out of spite.

I Demand Food
Nov 17, 2002

Rubber Slug posted:

Even if you donít buy a high volume of ammo you should get a COE/C&R out of spite.

Then I'd probably just get pissed that I couldn't have C&R guns shipped directly to my house.

tehDiceman
Jan 10, 2013

I Demand Food posted:

Then I'd probably just get pissed that I couldn't have C&R guns shipped directly to my house.

I've "heard" that agents have done random inspections at the site on record. Sounds to me like I'd have to be OK with agents coming in the house and inspecting "everything"?

I Demand Food
Nov 17, 2002

tehDiceman posted:

I've "heard" that agents have done random inspections at the site on record. Sounds to me like I'd have to be OK with agents coming in the house and inspecting "everything"?

As far as I know, only BATFE would inspect an FFL03 (not CA DoJ) and they have the option of checking either just the bound book or the bound book and logged firearms. They usually set up appointments, and you have the option to either do it at home or at the local BATFE office.

From what I understand, if they show up to an FFL03's home without an appointment, it's likely due to them being confused about the type of FFL (they can show up randomly at an FFL01, for example) and you'd be perfectly within your rights to not let them in and to request an appointment at their office instead.

I Demand Food fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Aug 13, 2018

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

tehDiceman posted:

What "I Demand Food" said. FFL03s are regulated by the ATF, not CA DoJ. Since you're only a collector, they can -request- an in-home inspection or an in-office inspection, and you must accommodate some sort of inspection, but you may select either one. For the in-office inspection apparently it's fairly common for them to ask you to bring your collection to the office. These inspections are very infrequent, in that it's not annual or biannual or whatever, but your license got chosen from a stack or whatever.

greeb: How long have you been a collector and how many inspections have you received?

And yeah, I've read stories of agents getting confused about being able to do an in-home inspection. Tell them you'd rather do the inspection in office since you're a collector; if they're adamant for some reason, tell them to talk to their manager to straighten it out.

Edit: And CoEs from CA DoJ have no inspections.

BeAuMaN fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Aug 13, 2018

I Demand Food
Nov 17, 2002

In addition, it's not "everything", it's only what's in your bound book.

C&R guns you owned before getting the FFL03 are not relevant and they have no authority to inspect them.

Non-C&R guns are not relevant and they have no authority to inspect them.

Even if you have a large collection and they request that you bring the firearms along with the bound book, visiting the office is probably still preferable to willingly letting a BATFE agent on official business inside your home.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

Yep yep ^^^ Only stuff in your collection (the bound book)

And yeah letting LEOs in your house is never a good idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubber Slug
Aug 7, 2010

If a gun is C&R but you didnít actually use your C&R to buy it, does it count as part of the collection?

«69 »