Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

So, uhhh, our favorite judge just declared CA’s assault weapons ban as unconstitutional.

https://www.firearmspolicy.org/fpc-wins-assault_weapon-lawsuit-in-historic-victory-for-second_amendment-rights

Full decision :
https://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.n....pdf?1622850515

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

What will that mean for us?

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Nothing, for now. He granted the AG's request for a stay pending appeal, so no Assault Weapons Freedom Week. The 9th will take it before the stay expires, and, barring an unlikely favorable panel, will overturn it. If the panel is favorable, they'll overturn it en banc. Then we get to see SCOTUS' appetite for "Heller protects AR-15s in the home." Watch this space for 2-3 years.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"

I tend to read more liberal leaning news, and I'm using liberal in the precise pearl clutching sense of the word.

Seeing them refusing to engage with any of the statistics of guns used in shooting, then immediately zooming to MASS SHOOTINGS USING ARS!!!, is painful.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~

What did we do to deserve a man as upstanding as Judge Benitez?

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Darke GBF posted:

What did we do to deserve a man as upstanding as Judge Benitez?
Made George W. Bush president.

I Demand Food
Nov 17, 2002

The stay was a crock.

Courts, even those comprised of otherwise awesome jurists like this one, give way too much deference to the state even when the state is wrong.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

On the one hand, yes. On the other, after last time, you can be sure the AG had a petition to the 9th for an emergency stay ready to fire, and the 9th would be waiting eagerly for it. It wasn't going to happen twice.

I Demand Food
Nov 17, 2002

It's what gunhavers deserve for having less gumption to take on gubmint overreach than the Scientologists did.

Every chucklefuck remotely connected to CA DOJ should have federal under color of law complaints lodged against them weekly and be sued in both their professional and personal capacities by hundreds of idiots just for the sake of it.

It literally worked against the IRS and there's no reason it wouldn't work against these idiot dogkillers.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CPwirF-g4vd/

human garbage bag
Jan 8, 2020

The SCOTUS should be expanded for the sole reason of being able to process more appeals. The current system is fundamentally flawed what with every federal case being able to be appealed to the SCOTUS. It will not scale to 1 billion Americans. Expand it to 19 justices, but make confirming a justice require 66 or 75 votes in the senate to prevent a partisan takeover.

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

was reading reddit (yeah yeah) and people were saying the LA Country CCW approval process has loosened up under Villenueva. Anyone had experience with that recently?

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Anecdotally, I have heard from the people at Redstone that that is the case and they’re working on getting classes together.

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

I believe red stone changed their name

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

https://www.redstonefirearms.com?

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

Nvm. Could have sworn they changed the name

Sublimazed
Oct 29, 2011

I was told by the LAPD rep that LASD no longer requires a denial to start processing CCW applications and they just cashed my $30 check last week so…we shall see.

I Demand Food
Nov 17, 2002

My cousin is currently trying to apply via LASD. He should have fairly good cause so if he gets denied then fuckery is afoot.

For what it's worth, the LA political establishment seem to all want Villanueva gone because he has repeatedly insulted them on a deep and personal level, so I am not holding out hope for either him remaining in office past the next election or his successor continuing his CCW policy.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

I mean. His response to, “hey, it sure looks like the deputies are forming gangs with gang tattoos and initiations and poo poo,” was, basically “it’s not gangs when we do it .” (That’s not what he said, but that’s the feel I got from his non-response)

So I think a lot of people kinda have problems with him.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

drat how is this the first time I'm hearing of this re: CCW permits in LA? Is it just kind of easier or more like Inland Empire / Kern County?

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

MomJeans420 posted:

drat how is this the first time I'm hearing of this re: CCW permits in LA? Is it just kind of easier or more like Inland Empire / Kern County?

Yeah probably something I didn't talk about here but it's been discussed on Calguns and /r/CAGuns. Villanueva said he's increasing CCW issuance.

You can scan through the various pages on this calguns thread to see what people are saying on their GC statement and what experiences they've been having.
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=352761&page=57

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

That's awesome, I'm still surprised it didn't somehow come up on FB or twitter but I haven't really been reading any gun forum other than TFR. And thanks for linking to that page, I thought the page 57 link was just what you happened to copy until I saw the thread started 11 years ago. I decided not to start from the very beginning.