Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

the whole thing with tesla is that they are Revolutionizing The Car Buying Experience

The Car Buying experience, but not the Car Delivery experience. Which is kind of like the Seinfeld rental car agency bit, I admit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

gwrtheyrn posted:

On that note, sounds like JD power put them dead last in initial quality for whatever that's worth :laffo:

Well that's an easy fix, just pay JD power to put them somewhere else on the list.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Yeah I got mixed up, you pay them if you want to display the results of the survey. Still, it's not like they're an independent auditor or anything.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Westy543 posted:

Wow, I was browsing through Model 3 mods earlier and this is sick. This really cleans up the look of the car a lot. It's from Unplugged Performance.

These together are like $4k, then $1k for paint matching estimated. Not bad IMO

Edit: Christ, I need a car in this color.

I don't think you get "cleaner" from the featureless slab it starts with, but those do look good. I saw a Model 3 the other day done in purple/orange colour shift paint and it looked great, I think it's a good design for crazy paint jobs.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

If nothing else, the tesla semi is already a winner for the lack of RATTLE PSSHH RATTLE PSSHH RATTLE PSSHH RATTLE PSSHH as it creeps past you accelerating to 40km/h forcing you stop your conversation and wait until your hearing returns.
Please make a Tesla dump truck and cement truck.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

RZA Encryption posted:

Car manufacturers are dragging their feet on electrification part 8754789543935: https://electrek.co/2020/06/30/toyota-cuts-output-of-rav4-prime-plug-in-hybrid-for-us/

Wow what a loving hack job. "so yeah so you can slap a compliance label on this one".
Regardless of not anticipating supply chain bottlenecks, the initial run of 5000 for the US market will sell out in California alone. What obligation do they have to equally distribute them across the country? I doubt Porsche is selling any Taycans in Mississippi.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Triggerhappypilot posted:

The PHEV is more or less a dead end concept now that EVs have proven to be practical for like 9/10ths of car drivers. I can understand them not dedicating a lot of resources towards aggressively sourcing production components for something that has too many compromises to live long.

Now, doing all that while still pushing hydrogen cars makes it seem more like this is just some lovely pride-based decision.

Nah, there's still a lot of people who don't have home access to charging. Even though I could L2 charge at work, there's only 4 plugs, so I wouldn't want to rely on those twice a week when there's always at least two Teslas and a Kona parked there when I arrive. PHEV is a good compromise for the millions of people who live in high density cities and can't just fill an underground parking garage with charge points. Even a used Bolt, which is probably the most range you can get for your dollar, is going to cost $5-10k more than a used Prius Prime or Clarity, need charging twice a week, and be nowhere near as nice a place to spend your commute in.
Don't get me wrong, I would love to get a full electric, but compromising on where you live to accommodate your choice of car seems rear end-backward to me (not very AI of me, I know).

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Nut Bunnies posted:

The only thing that would make a Stinger attractive to buyers would be making it a crossover

Yeah, they kind of built the perfect sports sedan just in time for nobody interested in sports sedans anymore.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

stevobob posted:

Well it is, which other car companies have a nutcase CEO/charman/whatever who shitposts on twitter and beefs with other prominent names and organisations on the regular?

It's a shame twitter wasn't around in Lee Iacocca's day.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Nfcknblvbl posted:

I think all crossovers are ugly. Bring back wagons.

Buick brought over an opel insignia wagon, nobody bought one.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Elviscat posted:

My coworker has one, it's quite nice, and a genuinely attractive car.

Eagerly awaiting a brown, RWD EV, station wagon, with a 300 mile range, for under 30k, as soon as a car make caves to my meager request I'll pull the trigger and buy it.

RCR did a review of one, and yeah it looks really good! It might have sold better if the dealerships had half a clue how to sell it and who to sell it to. I only knew it existed from the RCR segment.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Nitr0 posted:

Typical Tesla owner.

My roof leaks, the screen doesn’t work, the bumper is falling off, the paint has turned from purple to pink.

Great car though. God bless Tesla.

South Park should do another episode in a similar vein of the Prius episode. Except it’s just shitbox Tesla’s rolling down the road falling apart and people defending the company no matter what.

Tesla owners are the new VW owners.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

There's a BMW thread, a Mercedes thread, a Mazda thread, a Jeep thread, etc. Tesla has 4 models in production, soon to increase. Time to make a Tesla thread. If it means this thread moves slower, that's fine, but it would actually be helpful instead of just tesla/anti-tesla flame wars. If people want to know about/shitpost about Teslas, they can go into the tesla thread. If they want to know if the Niro will hold a dog kennel, if they need an upgraded electrical panel for charging their Prius prime, or want to talk about the latest exciting 1000 mile vaporware render, this would still be the thread for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Elviscat posted:

Well, a street legal one.

My Ranger just sits around 6/7days each week, if I could replace it with something new and electric I would. My Leaf has awesome storage capacity, and if I wasn't rebuilding a house and hauling my dirtbike to the trails twice a month it'd be a fine single vehicle. I see why all those people wanted to keep their old NiMh Ranger EVs.

Toyota, just make a Tacoma EV, chop-chop.

Arghh! Right?? Hell even a PHEV Tacoma would be amazing! ~50+km electric range for all your normally fuel sucking city errands, and it doesn't even need to manage Prius level fuel economy, even 6 or 7 l/100km hybrid mode for the highway would be excellent. Come on Toyota, get it in gear!