Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

FRS is a pretty sweet car. If it works for you, do it. It'd just the wife and I, but we ended up with a WRX hatchback after waiting 2+ years for the FRS because the FRS felt a little too cramped and not quiet as good for camping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

honey I bought you a vacuum

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Sounds pretty awesome to me. I'd use it camping for sure. Also, would be nice to have a tire pump that you could just plug into your car to put air in your tires.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

How long am I going to have to wait for what is essentially a WRX hatchback EV? That's all I really need to know.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

That looks pretty sweet, but now you've just made me sad.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Applebees Appetizer posted:

You are aware there are 12v compressors that you can in fact plug into your car and inflate your tires, right?

Of course! I mean... what kind of idiot wouldn't know that!

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Three Olives posted:

Because consumers are idiots, the average person that can afford a new electric car does not have a massive commute or really drive that much at all much less cross country. Range anxiety is not a technical problem, it’s an education problem not solved by sticking fast chargers out in the middle of nowhere.

If you think you can educate the entire world on that topic, by all means go for it. In the meantime, putting chargers "out in the middle of nowhere," just like gas stations, is the more immediate solution.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Well you see small SUVs are at where cars were 10 years ago so there's "no penalty."

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Saying "or the battery will explode" was probably your problem. There's lots of complex poo poo floating around in our world where if it breaks, it can break rather terribly. Engineers do a bunch of work to make sure that it doesn't happen, but it is still theoretically possible. But people aren't going to take the time to understand all that and don't realize how the world around them works. Telling them something like that is inviting them to be terrified without giving them the knowledge regarding what has been done to prevent such a thing from happening.

So yeah, don't do that.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

People should really look at people's rap sheet before spending time arguing with people. Alternatively, people with crazy rap sheets should not be allowed to post anymore. Crazy talk, I know.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Again, the guy has 97 entries in his rap sheet. Put him on ignore and move on, at least until the mods decide to finally permaban him.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Finger Prince posted:

I had them on my 2010 Forester. Standard cold weather package stuff, doubtless pretty expensive to replace, never had to.

You sure it's on the actual glass? On my 14 WRX they are at the base of the windshield where the wipers hang out when they're off.

And I've had to replace the windshield and it wasn't any more expensive than normal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Yeah, super staunch. We can tell.