Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

YOLOsubmarine posted:

The Rivian will be the EV for the Range Rover set and the Cybertrk, if it ever makes it to market will be a brogrammer toy. Neither will be bought in any real quantities by people who buy F-150s and Rams and poo poo

I love how the internet is saying that the pre-orders are an accurate representation of who's buying a truck. How many of the 300,000 idiots that plunked down their refundable $100 just did It so they could either brag to their friends that they are going to get a CyBeRtRuCk or people who plan to sell their spot in line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
Yep that’s what I mean, same old Tesla spin. I search for articles about preorders and amateur news people claim it’s so smart and $100 means they know exactly what to build first and blah blah blah. Fuckin stupid garbage. If you really want your truck in 2023 and you think that $100 is gonna do it, then whatever, more power to you. gently caress everyone else and gently caress this $100 3 year preorder poo poo.

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

Westy543 posted:

Hey goonfolk - I saw a Model Y up close yesterday on California 280. These are the pics I posted on reddit so I had to mark out faces / license plates.

Blurry shot of its new wheels

Next to a Vette

Next to a Lexus RX for size comparison

What an ugly car.

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
Tesla cult for ya. Same with their stock price.

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

MomJeans420 posted:

1 million robotaxis on the road by the end of 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQA1cY6n7YM

Lol. Can’t wait for Tesla to buy back all those cars and get them going. Make America great again, where’s my Tesla Elon, we are going to mars, everyone gets gigabit internet all over the planet for $50 a month, spend spend spend spend let’s goooooooooooo.

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
Buy a Porsche instead, this Tesla crap sucks

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
Have you tried cancelling your shitbox and buying a real car?

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

YOLOsubmarine posted:

For the most part first year model issues with established manufacturers aren’t related to basic QC like “does the hatch close” or “are the back seats actually attached.” Those are things that should be a solved problem for a company that has been making cars for 10 years now. It’s another side effect of the idea that Tesla is a tech product not a manufacturing product. The most important thing is getting the release out the door, quality can be patched in later.

Hatch closing and back seats come in update version 11.773.937.9

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
Still looks like a boring model 3

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

Bum the Sad posted:

It’s hilarious how car companies keep shooting them selves in the the dick.

People don’t want electric cars! People don’t want electric cars! I said as Tesla slowly becomes the most valuable car company on earth.

That’s not because people want electric cars, stupid.

Stock price has nothing to do with customer demand.

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
People want the easiest cheapest poo poo to get from point a to point b. Battery or gas they don’t care. Once battery becomes a common commodity Tesla only has their “self driving” to fall back on. Otherwise they become the Kia of the automotive world.

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
You play the tesla lottery, they take it back and you wait for a new one, or they'll try to sell you on fixing the defects.

I ordered a model 3 long range and had it for less than 5 days before giving it back to them due to poor manufacturing defects. Waste of my loving time.

Bought a BMW M2 instead and it's 1000x better than that piece of poo poo tesla.

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
Paint peeling, unaligned door panels, something was wrong with the touch screen you'd have to "soft reboot" to get it to come back to responsiveness.

Didn't notice if water poured into thru the roof cause it never rained in the time I had it.

Just a buggy car, I felt like a beta tester and for the amount of money I was spending I was pissed to sit there and troubleshoot my brand new car.

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Tesla's QC issues aside, those are two very different cars. Sounds like you wanted a sports coupe instead.

I wanted a car I could stomp the gas and go fast. Battery was secondary I don't much care about gas costs.

Nitr0 fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Jul 2, 2020

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Except that Nitr0 said he only got the Long Range model which puts it at $47k.

Not in Canada :(

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

MomJeans420 posted:

A new feature that discourages Model Y purchasers from testing if the roof leaks water

https://twitter.com/malbright04/status/1280190185943203841?s=20

I still don't understand how all these people don't return these shitboxes and buy a real car. I really don't.

"I love my car except the window rolls down automatically when it rains and stays down, and the touch screen doesn't work, and the roof leaks, BUT IT STAYS IN ITS OWN LANE ON THE HIGHWAY BEST CAR IVE EVER OWNED"

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
That’s the thing, I really don’t see any more redeeming factors to the entire lineup.

My biggest draw was obviously autopilot, but not this nerfed poo poo that we ended up with, the amazing, your car will pick you up wherever you are, you can drive across country without touching your car. Which was promised and charged extra for that was supposed to be ready now.

This was promised 5 years ago, but clearly they are still 10 years off this. Meanwhile all these people who paid the extra cash for “full self driving” aren’t getting poo poo. You’re gonna have to upgrade all your sensors and equipment again.

Just lies and bullshit. Now following more of what Elon is doing in his personal life, and I’m loving over it. This chud can get hosed. Tesla is a bad company and anyone who buys a car deserves the garbage they get.

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
No, not without moving at literally 1mph or crashing into other cars

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

this is fundamentally not how the rest of the industry works FYI, most lines have multiple models now

But Tesla is such a disruptive compan... hahahah

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

Yuns posted:

gently caress Tesla. My car is in the body shop. It's literally in the loving body shop before I took delivery.

Aw man, you didn’t even get a chance to perform the indoor waterfall test or have the frozen touch screen experience.

That darn Tesla.

So now you have the pleasure of tweeting @elon on twitter just to get customer service. Then let all the Tesla fanboy tell you why this is normal and growing pains and they’ll fix it.

Btw have you bought some Tesla stock lately? It’s so undervalued now you should see them in 10 years when the model omega is roaming around on Mars.

To the Mars!

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

Ola posted:

That actually sounds like one of the better delivery experiences. The paint defect is probably caused by the bloody phlegma of someone dying of Covid-19 and a really rushed delivery procedure would just be to don't mention it and make you hurry in a dimly lit room.

Lol.

That’s a funny picture, Elon is standing in the production line of the model Y with yeezy. Both of them standing there arms crossed, frowns on. The line worker starts assembling the car panels and feels a tickle in his throat and coughs. The employee looks at Elon and now both him and yeezy are wearing masks with “Kanye 2020” on it.

The employee goes back to work but less than a minute later he coughs up a bloody mucus on a customers Model Y and dies.

The robots toss the employee’s body in the next rocket for starlink, and world keeps on spinning.

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
ThEy'Re NoT An AuToMaKeR ThEy'Re A TeChNoLoGy CoMpAnyY!!!!

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
Typical Tesla owner.

My roof leaks, the screen doesn’t work, the bumper is falling off, the paint has turned from purple to pink.

Great car though. God bless Tesla.

South Park should do another episode in a similar vein of the Prius episode. Except it’s just shitbox Tesla’s rolling down the road falling apart and people defending the company no matter what.

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

What a dummy

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

Eat My Ghastly rear end posted:

We get it, you don’t like Tesla

No man the company is so good. Not being propped up as a stock meme or given extensive tax breaks by the government to stay afloat no no no this is all high quality stuff, have you heard about autopilot? It’s a great new feature where you can shove an orange into your steering wheel and the car drives itself, wow, talking about it just makes me want to reserve a cyber truck, where’s my $100....

Nitr0 fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Jul 11, 2020

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

Yuns posted:

edit: Had a weird screen going blank moment when parked on a call just now. No idea if that is a bug or a feature.

lol welcome to the club

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
I think the point he’s trying to make is that there’s going to be a tipping point where if ev’s are going to be as ubiquitous as they say, that it will be no different than going to a gas station.

There isn’t going to be “Tesla specific” charging stations. You plug in your car and charge, so at that point who cares if you have a “live display” of charging locations.