Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Tell me the most interesting 7:00 preseason game to watch

Probably Bills Panthers and Browns Giants. The rookie QBs are what everyone's going to be watching. Rams Ravens at 7:30 might have some Jackson in it. Mainly everyone watches their team but for me it's fun to see new players or guys we don't get to see play that much.

Clownball is something of a hobby of mine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

And they're on

Play
Apr 25, 2006

EugeneJ posted:

Bills' marketing slogan this year is "One Heartbeat Louder"

what the gently caress does that even mean

whatever it is it really doesn't sound healthy

Play
Apr 25, 2006

On the score card of the Browns game they're advertising "Awesome Wine In a Can" lmao

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Peterman seven for seven and a touchdown lmao I love it

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Tyrod TD after several nice throws

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Mayfield putting on a nice drive. Two first downs with his feet and a couple nice throws

e: and now a touchdown

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Whoa Sudefeld just threw a 63 yard touchdown, nice pass

Play
Apr 25, 2006

ulmont posted:

Taysom Hill not moving up the depth chart.

How's that game going?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

ALERT ALERT MAHOMES HAS COMPLETED A PASS

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Josh Allen just ran twenty yards backwards on a boot, failed to execute a spin to the other side, then blindly threw a ball up for grabs which ricocheted around some defensive players and fell to the ground. Love the preseason

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Ray Ray McCloud the 3rd is such a rad name

Play
Apr 25, 2006

seiferguy posted:

I haven't seen an INT that bad in awhile man

Same I was honestly shocked when he threw the pass. I thought there must've been someone else he was throwing to because no way would he throw a floater to a guy covered like that

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Brissett is a young big ben with a better personality

Play
Apr 25, 2006

shirts and skins posted:

God, I totally forgot about Jacoby Brissett

Pass rush will be bad but a lot of the other young guys are projects. They'll improve a lot as the year goes on. Really interested in Tre Flowers, glad he's getting game time.

I'm a Brissett believer for some reason. He was put in basically the most difficult situation for any starting quarterback in the league last year and I like how he stepped up and played really hard for a bad team. He was given the least time from snap to pressure of any QB last season. So I feel like it'd be cool if he got a chance starting for a team, maybe that'll happen again this year once someone goes down

Play
Apr 25, 2006

verbal enema posted:

Gimmie the Browns hottakes I watched the game and enjoyed it but preseason etc etc

Callaway played well because he can but also he needs the good lawyer was me and Lutheran's take tonight.

I thought it was basically just what you want to have for the first preseason game. Nothing amazing but some good plays by several guys. I thought Tyrod and Baker both looked exciting. Bad blocking in the run game. Good coverage on defense. Impossible to say how any fragment of it translates to real games but I think if you're a Browns fan you should be happy

Didn't think Calloway played that well actually. He got a lot of passes thrown his way so he made a few good ones but there were some bad drops too

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strobe posted:

There have been easily half a dozen plays this game, including a couple on offense, where the flag should have been tossed if the rule is supposed to be enforced.

Which really just goes to show it's a lovely rule.

I'm happy the way they're doing it. It seems like it really is just gratuitous stuff, especially when a runner is held up and going down and someone comes up and hits them. There was one called today and it was completely spot on. Definitely expected more calls with the new rule but I'm glad it seems it's true that not all that much has changed

Play
Apr 25, 2006

rjmccall posted:

CJ Beathard two-minute drill bailed out by DPI.

I've seen a lot of that today. Crappy throws by bad quarterbacks that are completely uncatchable but draw DPIs

A lot of interceptable passes too. It's amazing how obvious the gap between the skills of starters and non starters is

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Coldforge posted:

Pettis loving owns.

That was funny when they showed the route, he's fast but didn't do anything so special just a move to the inside but both the safety and the corner turned their back and went in the complete wrong direction lol

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Vhak lord of hate posted:

that was a cool td on the hawks game, colts fumble and then everyone fumbles it into colts endzone

Yeah that was pretty funny. Just an escalating cascade of failures. Speaking of comically bad plays,

https://twitter.com/WatchStadium/st...week-1-thursday

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Oh poo poo it's McWeapon from Bucs Hard Knocks

Play
Apr 25, 2006

CJ Beathard is a seriously elite crash dummy

Play
Apr 25, 2006

well thank god the Cowboys didn't win

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Jimmy G status: remains undefeated

Play
Apr 25, 2006

sexy tiger boobs posted:

You could call that lowering the helmet poo poo on every play ever.

That was a crackback block, you can't do it like that and that's been the rule for a while now

Play
Apr 25, 2006

sexy tiger boobs posted:

You could call that lowering the helmet poo poo on every play ever.

That was a crackback block, you can't do it in that way and that's been the rule for a while now

Teddy B lookin good, he's so accurate in the short to intermediate range. It's amazing how many QBs don't hit their guys on the hands in short passes

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Yeah I doubt it, mostly it will remain pretty subjective. In some of the games it was mainly late hits where the runner is already held up, i.e. unnecessary hits. Looked at that way it seems reasonable, but the way it's written is ridiculous

drat Teddy

Play
Apr 25, 2006

mcmagic posted:

Cannon's got a little burst.

Yeah that looked good, awkward as hell handoff though. If he'd been hit in the backfield that would've been a fumble

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Diva Cupcake posted:

Darnold gonna win the job outright and the Jets will trade Teddy B to the Jags or somewhere.

I don't care at all where he goes as long as someone gives him a chance to start. Him on the Jags sounds really good actually

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Darnold is throwing really well. That's cool

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Coasterphreak posted:

who the gently caress is this clown throwing for the falcons

Kurt Benkert I think? He actually drove the ball down to the one yard line but they lost it on downs. He made some nice throws, playing a lot better than Matt Schaub although that's not a high bar

Play
Apr 25, 2006

They're sitting a lot of guys and I heard the announcer say that the Falcons have 30 rookies on the roster right now whereas the Jets only have 14. Still not an impressive performance

Play
Apr 25, 2006

John Brown posted:

Just seeing Lynch’s negated TD and drat he still has wheels

Yeah I think I exclaimed out loud when I saw that because he was loving hauling rear end. The run was blocked up so well that he didn't have to slow down at all and he really got going and actually accelerated away from a dude to the end zone

Nice drive on the ground by the Lions though. I wonder if Ameer Abdullah could actually have a really nice year behind a new line

Play
Apr 25, 2006

The all white chargers uniforms are nice

Play
Apr 25, 2006

a neat cape posted:

Stop me if you've heard this before but the Chargers honked a 40 yard field goal about 10 yards wide left

Who was the guilty party?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Yeah that didn't look like linear form to me. His back was arched and he was facing the receiver, the helmet didn't look lowered. I doubt they call that one in the regular season

• Locked thread