Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

The first two books were a cool space opera with some memorable side plots. Books three and four - middle aged man awaits little girl he’s raising to travel back in time so he can bone her, ugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

best tale from the first one??? probably the soldier's tale.

I liked the dolphin rebellion

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

A Strange Aeon posted:

I keep thinking I could read the Endymion sequels but it sounds like I shouldn't now?

Also can someone refresh me on the purpose of the tunnels and the story with the crucifixion parasite or whatever that was?

The AIs used to hold people in limbo for entire eternities while they seemingly instantaneously teleported through the network of farcasters. Their neural networks were used for data processing while they were in this limbo state. Someone destroyed the farcaster network so the cruciform parasites were engineered for the same purpose. The people in the tunnels were spare processing power or something? Or a genocide by the anti-human AI faction? It’s meaningless crap either way.

e: reading Endymion felt like such a chore. There is maybe one interesting character in both books, the Catholic military officer. Everyone else is dreadful and uninteresting. The two protagonists are the worst, their relationship is so grating. Maybe don’t read it but look up a summary? Or I can misremember it for you wholesale...

Take the plunge! Okay! fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Aug 12, 2018

• Locked thread