Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Signed up for B Company, 3rd Platoon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Posting orders later today. Do we have a deadline?

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Move QUICK towards objective, as indicated by the map and using the formation shown to the right.

Comrade Koba fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Aug 16, 2018

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Fray posted:

Ed: And Koba, be aware that sprinting your guys that far is going to leave them exhausted. I'd recommend using QUICK instead.

Fixed, I got the commands mixed up. Thanks!

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

B Company, 3rd Platoon

Proceed as before but reduce pace to MOVE.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

MOVE from current position to the northeast and prepare for the upcoming assault. Final position of squads is shown on the map.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

-PRELIMINARY ORDERS-

EDIT: I know the platoon hasn't reached the edge of the forest yet, but the orders below are to be executed when they do.

Platoon will cross the open ground moving QUICKLY, then slowing down to MOVE pace once they've entered the forest. Squads will deploy as indicated on the map.

Bazooka teams will be SPLIT from squads 1 and 2 (labeled B1 and B2). Squad 3 will split into three teams, with the bazooka team (B3) deploying with the other two bazooka teams. The first fire team (3-1) will move further towards the northern edge of the forest, moving SLOW for the final stretch. Fireteam 2 (3-2) will deploy as indicated between B3 and 3-1.

All squads and fireteams will FACE as indicated by the light blue arrows.

Comrade Koba fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Sep 6, 2018

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Baker Company, 3rd Platoon

Continue as per previous orders, but final positions will be pulled back from the edge to ensure we're not spotted from the outside.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

I'll stick with my platoon.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Pirate Radar posted:

I wonder what the German combat cards are

FURIOUS FUHRER - Hitler is greatly offended by some imagined slight. Half your forces are redeployed to southern Romania to support one of his pet offensives.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Baker Company, 3rd and 4th Platoon

3RD PLATOON

All squads will split into THREE TEAMS, with two regular fire teams and one bazooka team (first squad, first team will be 1-1, second squad bazooka team will be 2-B, and so on).

1 Squad: Take up positions in the northwest building in the deployment area, 1-1 and 1-2 will be on the second story. 1-B will deploy in a foxhole, as indicated by the green marking.

2 Squad: Take up positions in the southwest building, all squads will be on the second story.

3 Squad: 3-2 and 3-B will take up positions on the second story of the building indicated. 3-1 will be on the third story right to the south of them.

MG: Will deploy near First Squad, as indicated.

Mortar: Will set up outside the building occupied by 3-1.

All squads will FACE as indicated by the blue markings.

4TH PLATOON

Squads will split just like with 3rd platoon.

1 Squad: 1-1 will be in the house as indicated, 1-2 on the second story of the house to the west of it. 1-B will deploy in a foxhole as indicated by the green marking.

2 Squad: 2-1 will be on the first story of the house indicated, 2-2 and 2-B on the second story.

3 Squad: All squads will be positioned on the second story of the house indicated.

MG: Will deploy in the same house as 1-2, on the second story.

Mortar: Will deploy just SE of the house occupied by 3 squad.

All squads will FACE as indicated by the blue markings.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

B company, 3rd platoon

No change.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Checking in, will be moving my machineguns as adviced.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Baker Company, 3rd Platoon

(Phoneposting, so no map)

Move one of the MMG teams to the southern three-story building across the street to the east (directly south of where fireteam 3-1 is). Deploy on the third floor, facing west.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Hubis posted:

e: me IRL while watching that turn replay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPCPHl9wDKs

Checks out, the Germans obviously spent a bunch of points on having Abu Hajaar drive their halftracks. :allears:

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

I’ll stick with my platoon. Maybe this time we’ll actually get to participate in this whole “WW2” thing that everyone’s so on about! :allears:

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Platoon will deploy on overwatch as indicated, prepared to offer fire support to nearby friendly units.

EDIT: Apparently this is outside our deployment area.

Initial deployment will be at the southernmost end of our assigned deployment area on the eastern flank.

SPLIT SCOUTS from squads 2 and 3. Scouts will move towards the positions indicated above, alternating between QUICK and HUNT. The rest of the platoon will start MOVEing towards the positions, staying ~75m behind the scouts. 60mm mortar will stay put and DEPLOY.

Comrade Koba fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Oct 27, 2018

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Platoon will keep moving towards the positions above, as per previous orders (scouts from squads 2 and 3 alternating between QUICK and HUNT and staying ~50-75m ahead of the rest of the platoon). The rest of the platoon elements (including the previously deployed mortar) will MOVE behind the scouts towards the positions.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Platoon will advance towards the purple line as indicated, taking up final positions along the creek unless ordered otherwise.

Movement will be conducted as before, scouts from squads 2 and 3 will advance ~70m ahead of the platoon, alternating between QUICK and HUNT. Rest of platoon will MOVE up behind them.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

No change

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

(I don't know exactly which squad on the map is which, so please adjust as necessary when entering orders)

MMG section will DEPLOY in its current position along the creek. 60mm mortar will HIDE.

1. SQUAD - Move QUICK towards indicated position.
2. SQUAD - Move FAST as indicated by the red arrow and take up positions next to MMG section
3. SQUAD - Move QUICK towards indicated position
Assigned HMG section will move QUICK towards indicated position

Once squads/sections reach their intended positions, use FIRING ARCS as indicated by the blue triangles.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

No change. Units in position will stay put for now.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

1Bn Baker Company, 3rd Platoon

Stay put and MEDIC

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

We will try to support 2:nd Platoons assault.

1. SQUAD, 2. SQUAD, 3. SQUAD and MMG section will MOVE towards the enemy as indicated by the arrows. 60mm mortar and attached HMG will MOVE up behind the rest of the platoon.

Comrade Koba fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Nov 16, 2018

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

1. SQUAD, 2. SQUAD and 3. SQUAD will move QUICK and then HUNT, as indicated by the arrows. MMG, attached HMG and 60mm mortar will MOVE as indicated by the arrows.

When positions have been reached, elements will FACE northwest. MMG and HMG will DEPLOY.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

1 Bn, Baker Company, 3rd Platoon

No changes, keep advancing as previously ordered.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Requesting status report and map positions for 1Bn, B Co, 3rd Plt

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

EDIT: Nevemind, got it.

Comrade Koba fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Nov 25, 2018

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

1 Bn , Baker Co, 3rd Platoon

(Phone posting so no map this time)

All elements CANCEL MOVEMENT ORDERS. Remain in current positions and FACE WEST. Any support weapons able to DEPLOY will do so.

3. SQUAD will TARGET the Panther they can currently see

Comrade Koba fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Nov 26, 2018

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Clear previous TARGET order

Squads indicated by the purple line will stay put and FACE WEST.

Other platoon elements will MOVE as indicated by the blue arrows.

Once final positions have been reached, DETACHED ELEMENTS that are able will REJOIN their squads.

Comrade Koba fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Nov 27, 2018

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

1. SQUAD, 2. SQUAD and 3. SQUAD - stay put, TARGET enemies in sight, if any.

Other elements - continue previous MOVE order until completed.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

ALL ELEMENTS - MOVE as indicated by the blue line. Form up along the purple line, any detached elements will REJOIN their squads once positions have been reached. Once in position, all elements will FACE WEST and TARGET any enemy in sight.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

SQUADS 1-3: TARGET the enemy infantry contact indicated on the map, if possible. Otherwise keep moving as per previous orders. Other elements will keep moving.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

FrangibleCover posted:

How the sodding hell did they get there?

No idea. Maybe some lone survivor who’s been hiding until now?

Either that or we’re facing experimental nazi stealth field technology.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Orders updated, see new post

Comrade Koba fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Dec 7, 2018

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

SQUADS 1-3 move QUICK as indicated by the red arrow, form up along the dashed line next to the machinegun.

ALL OTHER ELEMENTS will MOVE towards and form up along the green line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Jaguars! posted:

Shorter moves. The red arrow is about 100m, which gives the enemy the whole turn kill you. If you go about half that distance, then you are down on the ground by the time they start shooting. Don't send all three squads at once, leave one as overwatch and send the other laterally to increase your spread.

Won’t have time to make a new map, so I guess I’ll just have to wait and see how hosed I am. :smith: