Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

Roster still need filling out? I'm in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

4th platoon, Stragglers

Deploy in the blue box, behind the high-priority troops such as vehicles, tanks or real infantry.
Deploy in a column north-south with 50 m between squads, 1st - 2nd - 3rd - 4th, with the HQ beside 4th squad.

At turn start, pause for 30 s to give the other fellas some room, then move along the blue line.
At the end of the line take up the positions marked with red in marching order, with 1st squad in the northernmost position.

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

4th straggler platoon

Hide when movement orders are complete. I'm just gonna keep a low profile in my reserve position until further orders.

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

o7

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

Random thoughts/ideas:

The germans can't use their edge of the map to overwatch with their heavies and their visibility even into Foy itself is kinda limited.
Makes me think they'll either do a double envelopment of the village or a heavy push on the more open left side. They'll want to find positions where they can dominate the biggest possible piece of the map with their tanks.

To counteract this, we want to concentrate as many guns and minefields on the positions they're likely to seek for their tanks as possible. We probably can't stop them from eventually establishing good OW positions, but those can be temporarily blocked with smoke.

The AT guns can either be placed in Foy or in some treeline. My instinct would be to hide them in the village, in positions where they can be pivoted to fire on either flank and where they're protected from the front. Or maybe two in the treeline on our left and two in the village, depends on the exact distances and topography. All four guns must be able to fire on the same target if need be, concentration of fire is important!

The tracks should probably be hidden somewhere in the back and only come out when they have an opportunity to punish germans not covered by their big cats. Once again putting all four guns on the same target area is ideal.

Since we are on the back foot, I'd definetly use the air support and paratrooper reinforcement cards.

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

Took Straggler 3

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

Provisional orders, subject to change if company orders change.

Straggler 3 and Straggler 4

Straggler 3 deploys in the blue square, with squads in the corners and HQ in the center. Hide everyone.

Straggler 4 same as above but in the red square.

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

3rd Straggler platoon

All squads are to deploy evenly along the blue line, with HQ on the red dot.
Move into position and hide upon arrival.
Route all movement behind the AT gun.

4th Straggler platoon

Deploy two squads along the blue line and two along the red, HQ on the black dot.
Quick into position, hide everyone but the HQ.

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

Straggler 4

Quick along the blue line, take up positions inside the blue box.

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

4th Straggler

Slow down to move speed, as I've been informed that the men are exhausted after running for several hundred meters.

Fear the goon platoon.

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

Straggler 3

Displace to indicated positions. Speed fast halfway, then move.

1st aquad - blue.
2nd - red.
3rd - orange.
4th - green.
HQ - black.

Straggler 4

Move to indicated positions, split the squads inside the houses between the floors and deploy the outside squads right next to hedges/walls.

1st aquad - blue.
2nd - red.
3rd - orange.
4th - green.
HQ - black.

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

Still here, would prefer to finally either fire a shot in anger or get someone killed.

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

2nd plt, A coy, Armored Rifle Battalion

HQ squad - Deploy along the purple line.
2nd squad - Deploy along the red line, detach a scout team, the scout team hunts along the red arrow.
3rd squad - Deploy along the blue line.
4th squad - Deploy the MMGs in the black diamonds.
5th squad - Deploy the mortars evenly along the orange line.

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

2nd squad scout team, keep waypoint but change movement to move.

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

HQ squad - Split scout team, scouts move quick along the purple arrow. Rest of the squad move to purple line.
2nd squad - Scout team move quick along the red arrow, rest of the squad move to red line.
3rd squad - Move to blue line.
4th squad - Move the MMG teams to the black diamonds, deploy and face as indicated.
5th squad - Move to the orange diamond, deploy the mortar and face as indicated.

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

HQ squad - Scout team move along the purple arrow.
2nd squad - Scout team hunt along the red arrow. Rest of squad move to red line.
4th squad - Both MMGs pack up or cancel deployment orders, northernmost team move to black diamond.
5th squad - Pack up the mortar or cancel deployment order.

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

HQ squad - Move to purple line. Scout team rejoin the squad.
2nd squad - Move to red line. Scout team hunt along the red arrow.
3rd squad - Move to blue line.
4th squad - Both MMG teams move to the closest black diamond, deploy and face as indicated.
5th squad - Move to orange diamond, deploy and face as indicated.

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

HQ squad - Wait 45 s, move fast to purple line.
2nd squad - Move fast to red line.
3rd squad - Wait 30 s, move fast to blue line.

Southernmost MMG team face west.

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

HQ, 2nd & 3rd - Continue previous orders.
4th squad - Both teams move to the black diamonds.
5th squad - Move to the orange diamond.

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

Hubis posted:

@Brakeless can you check in? Do I need to enter some provisional orders?

Yeah I got it. I fell asleep early on Friday night before I got the orders in.

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

Deploy MMG teams and the mortar. Northern MMG team area fire on black circle. Ignore the red line.

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

2nd plt, C coy, Armored Rifle Battalion

HQ squad - Move to purple line.
2nd squad - Split scout team. Scout team move quick to red diamond. Rest of squad move to red line.
3rd squad - Split scout team. Scout team move quick to blue diamond. Rest of squad move to blue line.
4th squad - MMG teams move to black diamonds.
5th squad - Mortar team move to orange diamond.

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

Jaguars! posted:

Brakeless
Keep up the suppressing fire until the assault teams start clearing the west part of the woods. Your secondary task from now until the clock runs out will be to clear the enemy to the west of you, let me know what you're thinking once you've made a plan. If the assault goes well you can expect to some of the other platoons to support you.

Something like this.

After clearing the known enemy positions, consolidate MGs(mortar in/around the black circle so they can fire into Joshua Tree.

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

HQ squad - Pause for 30 s, quick to purple line.
2nd squad - Scout team quick along the red arrow, rest of squad quick to red line.
3rd squad - Pause for 30 s, quick to blue line.
Southern MMG team area fire the black circle.
Deploy the mortar.

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

Posting again for this turn.

HQ squad - Pause for 30 s, quick to purple line.
2nd squad - Scout team quick along the red arrow, rest of squad quick to red line.
3rd squad - Pause for 30 s, quick to blue line.
Southern MMG team area fire the black circle.
Deploy the mortar.

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

2nd plt, C coy, Armored Rifle Battalion

HQ squad - Quick to purple line.
2nd squad - Scout team move to the red diamond, rest of squad quick to red line.
3rd squad - Scout team move to the blue diamond, rest of squad quick to blue line.
4th squad - Both MMG teams quick to the nearest black diamond.
5th squad - Quick to orange diamond.

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

HQ, 2nd and 3rd squads - Hunt along the black lines.
MMG team circled in red - cancel area fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

Northern MMG team cancel area fire.