Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
Bonjour mes amis, I am Lieutenant-colonel Danse of the Forces françaises libres, and I have been assigned to your headquarters as observer and advisor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

Mes amis, would it not be wise to consider anti-tank performance the highest priority? After all, why insist on a tank when a field gun can perform the same role on the defense, no?

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

I'll be on vacation next week, so I can't take command of a unit right now, but if you need people after the 28th, I can jump in.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

Grey, could you put some work into the audio quality of your videos? I can barely hear you over the constant wind sounds sometimes, and there's this very annoying constant buzzing sound.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

Grey Hunter posted:

I'm trying to balance things out,but the lack of volume options in the game make it bloody hard. I'm at +8db and the game at -30. I'll crank it down Abit more though.

By the way, do you use a standalone mic or a headset to record?

Edit: Sorry, what I actually wanted to say was that it also sounds like your mic placement is off, your voice in general is very unclear even without the wind sounds overpowering you. My experience with mics in general is that they have a very small range in which they capture sound well, and can distinguish it from background noises. This should be easy to find out and fix if you feed what your mic picks up into your headphones while recording.

Dance Officer fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Sep 4, 2018

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

I'd like to fill a higher level command spot, if one opens.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

Does anyone know anything about the effects of strafing runs on tigers and panthers? Regardless of their effect, I think it would be a good idea to play the card this round. Even if we can't take out the tanks, we can sure as hell go after the halftracks and self propelled artillery, and halt the armoured advance through lack of support.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

Straggler battalion orders

I haven't heard from Able and Baker companies about where they see us in their plans despite a few requests for information and cooperation, so I've decided that Straggler battalion will adopt a rearguard positions for now.

1st Straggler platoon will base out of Prince William forest. You will serve as reinforcements for Able Company as needed.
2nd Straggler platoon will base out of the small woods to the east of Prince William forest.
3rd Straggler platoon will base out of Shenandoah and serve as a defense against planking attacks in case Killroy Company gets overrun or retreats.
4th Straggler platoon will base out of Great Smokey forest, to the south of Baker Company, and serve as second line of defense and reserves for Baker Company.
Straggler weapons platoon will base to the south of Prince William forest and provide indirect fire as requested.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

Boy am I glad I deployed at least some defenses on our flank.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

Straggler battalion orders

It's looking like the Germans will break Killroy company and then make a play for the town, or head south towards our position. Baker 2nd is also moving to reinforce the town.

1st platoon: Will head to reinforce 3rd straggler in case of a German push south.
2nd platoon: will head to 1st straggler's old position, and assume a defensive stance.
3rd platoon: will assume a defensive stance.
4th platoon: will head north and take baker 2nd's old position.

One of the HQ HMG teams will accompany 1st platoon and reinforce 3rd platoon.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

I think we played our armour wrong by having it serve as some sort of static defence instead of a mobile force, but that's completely moot now.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

Straggler Battalion will continue under current orders

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

Stragglers orders

Following glynnenstein's orders, 2nd and 4th will move into the town, in the general positions I assigned to them. When they are there, they are to hold. 1st will continue their movement to reinforce 3rd.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

We've been lucky with how happy the Germans are to sit still.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

Fray posted:

I keep waiting for the Germans to give the order for their armor to flatten Mesa Verde and they just keep not doing it. It’s insane how long this platoon has held on given how much firepower could be brought down on them.

This, exactly.

To me it looks like they they went with a broad front approach, keeping their tanks in the middle to supress the town and using their infantry to rush Mesa. This blew up in their faces and in my opinion was the predictable outcome, and why/how they haven't bothered rectifying this is beyond me.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

Orders for Straggler units remain the same

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

glynnenstein posted:

Die rote Tisch. Though I'm sure there's actually a german word for mesa I don't know.

tischberg

Dance Officer fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Oct 9, 2018

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

Straggler battalion

No orders this round.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

Stragglers orders

2nd platoon: it seems your HQ has decided to stop along the way to Foy. Order them to move up closer to their troops.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

Straggler orders

1st and 3rd stragglers: as shown, some of your troops are in the line of fire from the German tanks on Mesa Verder to the AT gun near your positions. Move your troops out of the way. Orders also came down to spread out your units more across the area.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

I won't be able to post orders for the stragglers this weekend. If anyone wants to order them around, they're free to do it

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

I say we bomb Nouville into dust and take what's left of it

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Armored Command will not rest until every hunk of Allied armor burns.

Fixed

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

Yea, I said in discord that I'm still available for command, and would like to try for CiC

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

If Fray wants command, I'll withdraw.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

Orders: 1st battalion, A Company

We've gotten the order to scout the Petrified Forest, so that's what we'll do. I'm not expecting contact for now. I believe

HQ team: Will NORMAL MOVE north
2nd platoon: Will scout the southern part of Petrified Forest
3rd platoon: Will scout northern part of Petrified Forest
4th platoon: Will set up perimeter to the East and act as reinforcements for now

General order: Mortar squads start DEPLOYED

tips etc:
Split your squads up into teams and switch teams between HUNT and MOVE to always stay covered.
Have one of your MG's deployed while the other moves up.

edit: 4th platoon doesn't exist :sad:
edit: 4th platoon does exist, 1st doesn't :galaxy brain:

Dance Officer fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Oct 26, 2018

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

1st Battalion, A Company orders

So we've gotten the order to attack into Joshua Tree and I've updated our orders to reflect that. It seems Joshua is uphill from us, so we're not in a good place to attack, but I don't expect many troops to be occupying it. The general plan is to advance up into Everglades forest and use that as a base for our attack.

HQ: Will NORMAL MOVE up with 4th platoon into Petrified Forest
2nd platoon: Will push through Pretrified Forest and move to occupy Everglades. Deploy an MG on the rim of Petrified Forest as you make the crossing to Everglades.
3rd platoon: Will sweep the northern part of Petrified Forest, then move into position East of Everglades, up to the creek. You'll be in a vulnerable position, but so far Gettysburg seems clear and I'm not expecting Sequoia to be occupied.
4th platoon: Will change directions, march straight through Petrified Forest and move to occupy Everglades. Deploy an MG on the rim of Petrified Forest as you make the crossing to Everglades.

General orders: Pack up your mortars and move them along if you haven't already done so.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

I'd like to have a casualty report for 1/A, specifically 4 platoon, and a general overview of unit tiredness.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

1st battalion, A company orders
3rd and 4th platoons are pretty mauled, but it seems the artillery has stopped dropping. These platoons are to rest up as needed, and then proceed according to the original plan.

2nd platoon will move into Everglades as planned. When you reach it, make sure to hide. We don't want the Germans to be aware of our presence with only one platoon there.

Dance Officer fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Nov 8, 2018

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

1st battalion, A company orders

There will be a fire mission coming in on Everglades in three turns. Stay clear of Everglades until then. Otherwise proceed as planned.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

I've lost interest in this game. If anyone can jump in to fill my position, it'd be cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

I'd prefer if we called a truce for now, and pick this back up in the new year or just end it. It seems most people are tired, at least on our side, and there's some sore feelings about just how much the Germans were given for this battle.