Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Dawncloack posted:

If someone could give some some info that would be great. I mean, I am a filthy euro so maybe I will have to ask on my side too. My question stemmed from the fact that in 2014 there was a legislative proposal to ban seed swaps, and make it so that seeds could only be exchanged commercially. I am happy to discover it was rejected, though I am surprised.
That will show me to google before asking!

Anyway this is an awesome thread.

Depends on your exact jurisdiction and probably also the quantity and type of seed.

Most nations in europe have import bans for a number of plants and seeds, due to contamination and other concerns. You would have to look up the exact statute and often there'll be a chart.

Your food safety administration probably has a website with more info, or possibly you can just contact them by email an ask.

As for export restrictions, depends on jurisdiction.

You'll have the most trouble if you're importing across oceans and if you're australian probably just forget the whole thing..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Rime posted:

I am working my way through Ben Falks "The Risiliant Farm & Homestead" and it's a truly fantastic resource for cold-climate companion agriculture. That he can grow rice in North Vermont is simply astounding.

Thank you a lot, I'm picking that up for drat sure.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp
Absolutely brilliant design for efficiency, only unfortunate thing is the obvious one where it's a likely firetrap for chimney fires and we'd never get it approved under the existing fire code and bulding code (TEK17). Which is a damned shame, something with these kinds of efficiencies ought to be mandatory in wood heated housing. There is a wood-stove floor heating design that's approved, but it has lower efficiencies than this design by a lot.