Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

drat it, now I have to watch this lovely movie to see how much of this is true.

It’s true... all of it...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.
I really liked the part where the producers paid the goon who invented Slenderman enough money for the rights to the character that he* could retire early.

*the goon whose username I forgot, not Slenderman.

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

It’s true... all of it...

Alright cool, now I don't have to watch it nemore

Belbos Computer
Nov 20, 2005

Fiat Lux, Big Bang, seven days, seven minutes, seven seconds, and a universe is born before your eyes.
Slippery Tilde
So I'm not normally one of those people who get up in arms about product placement in movies but this went waaaaay over the top.

I know Hollywood accounting is notoriously complex, but would someone PLEASE explain why they kept product placing the Slenderman movie itself? Like that scene when Tex is masturbaiting in his room and he has like 50 Slenderman movie posters... there was also that scene where the bishop watches the entire Slenderman trailer and then calls his friend to say that it looks great and that "it hits theaters August 2018." They probably said some version of "go see Slenderman the movie" thirty times.

Belbos Computer fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Aug 11, 2018

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I missed half the movie because I went to the bathroom and Bendyman assaulted me in the toilet.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Bored posted:

I really liked the part where the producers paid the goon who invented Slenderman enough money for the rights to the character that he* could retire early.

*the goon whose username I forgot, not Slenderman.

That would be Victor Surge

Its depressing the paranormal images thread feels like it was yesterday but enough time has come and gone for Slendy to go from creepy forum tale to pop culture icon to passè

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

drat it, now I have to watch this lovely movie to see how much of this is true.

you actually dont

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
When the teenager drove his car right at Slenderman, crashed both of them through an abandoned Sears storefront window, got out, posed and said, "You oughta be changin' your name to FENDERman, now!"

Then Slenderman gets up, the teenager goes, "Oh, you wanna roll, motherfucker!? What you think you got?"

And then Slenderman shows a broken blender and shoves it into the teenager's gut.

The other scene I liked was when he confronted the girl at her job at an all night Dunkin Donuts and she tackles hi and starts trying to choke him with whatever food product she has laying around, saying, "Eat up, you skinny gently caress!"

Then he grabs the Splenda dispenser on the counter and cracks her in the skull with it

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Lowtax posted:

It's safe to assume that pretty much all of us rushed to theaters across America so we could be the first ones to enjoy the rollercoaster ride of sheer terror that is the Slenderman movie. What were some of your favorite parts of the movie? Here's a few of mine, just off the top of my head:

* When the teenage girl was using the haunted laptop she bought from the undead gypsy, and a popup window labeled "LOADING SLENDERMAN DOT EXE" appeared and she screamed "help, I can't log off from this horror!"

* When the mom was trying to cook ravioli and Slenderman appeared behind her and she got so scared that she nearly dropped a spoon (fortunately she was able to hold on to it)

* When the mom actually did drop the spoon

* The car chase scene between rival dog gangs

* When Slenderman appeared for the job interview at Arby's and the manager said they weren't hiring, even though there was clearly a sign on the window that said "NOW HIRING"

* When the teenage girl fought Slenderman, in Virtual Reality, in 3D, in VRML

* The erotic sex scene where Slenderman hosed an inflatable pool dolphin

* The training / workout / wedding montage at the mall

* The credits, which were all in Comic Sans for some reason

* The short teaser at the end of the credits where Slenderman climbed out of his grave, pulled off his mask, and revealed he was none other than famous Hollywood director Ron Howard

Great film by the way, I loved it, already seen it 40 times today, I wholeheartedly recommend it to anybody, particularly people who I utterly despise.

I don’t think any of these scenes were actually in the movie.

Also I haven’t seen the movie and I don’t want to.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
I really liked when Richard came on the screen and called us all idiots and then murdered the actor playing Slenderman. My second favorite was the blooper real where he stole some cameras while yelling about royalties.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
The scene where Slenderman walked into someone making a video where Elsa is told to get down on all fours by Dr. Spider-Man and Nurse Catwoman and lap up a saucer of milk to keep from turning into a statue.

He's just watching from the background of the shot for like 20 seconds, then slowly backs out of frame before anyone notices he was there.

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
Best part was when the slendermen rend Glen after a fenderbender.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

I’d rather see the slender movie than the puppet murder movie I don’t want my childhood ruined thank you very much

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

I liked it when Slender Man killed a fat nerd then pulled out his slender dick and jerked off all over the nerdy fat face.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Lowtax posted:

* When the teenage girl fought Slenderman, in Virtual Reality, in 3D, in VRML

that's Slendermowerman you imbecile, you moron

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

A. Beaverhausen posted:

That would be Victor Surge

Its depressing the paranormal images thread feels like it was yesterday but enough time has come and gone for Slendy to go from creepy forum tale to pop culture icon to passè

I wonder how many goons looked at their submissions in that thread and were like "gently caress me my double exposure wall vagina lady never got optioned"

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained

Alan Smithee posted:

that's Slendermowerman you imbecile, you moron

Uh, actually I'll have you know that it's called Slenderman Lady, or Surenderuman Redi in Japanese, you absolute uncultured swine.

Edit: I just realized you were making a completely different reference and my head just misread what you wrote, but I'm still leaving this because I thought it was funny :(

Solar Tornado fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Aug 11, 2018

poopnanners
May 3, 2016

hey guys lets party
The rape scene was a little longer than necessary but otherwise tastefully done.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
the sheets of paper

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

They say no one will want to see the Aquaslend movie because he can only stab fish, but I think you might be surprised at the turn out.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)
I liked when Slenderman was stalking those girls in the woods but they didn’t know he was there and Slenderman winks slyly at the camera. Breaking the fourth wall is risky but here it works, adding some much needed comedic relief before he hangs their insides from the trees.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

The big fight at the end when that lady sprouts wings and yells VALHALLA!!! and kicks ol’ Slendy right in the kisser.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Grei Skuring posted:

I thought the twenty minute long scene where the protagonists wandered around in the dark whilst drinking milk was a bit much.

Uh, NO. The climax where they are about to finish off the bottle and Slender man appears and they spit all the milk on him and he throws his noodle hands up in the air like hes saying 'Oh COME ON! ' was fantastic, , maybe you don't understand cinema de arte.

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe
I thought the ending where Tumblr doxxed Slenderman for body Shaming was very powerful.

Supersize matters.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
I loved it so much, I just killed my parents!

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Modus Pwnens posted:

I loved it so much, I just killed my parents!

You dope, you were supposed to murder you're famil! Boy, have you got egg on your face.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic
This movie is just setting up the next in the SM universe: Bendyman.

Crawling up your butt to murder you’are famil Christmas day!

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
the bit after the credits where i murdered i'm famil

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Did they have to pay anyone royalties

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Slenderman flees, because they've spent hours reading comments on Yahoo! News articles and realize the real monster is man.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

I like the scene in Slenderman's Forest Castle, but the big disclaimer that took up have the screen saying: "SLENDERMAN ISN'T REAL, HE HAS NO FOREST CASTLE, PLEASE DON'T STAB PEOPLE TO GET TO IT", I found a little distracting.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

I thought the scene where Slenderman was wearing the MAGA hat and says “time to make America GRATE again!” while he uses a comically giant cheese grater to put bits of dead children on his spaghetti was a little over the top.

I mean, sure, it’s funny now, but that political stuff never ages well.

hathfallen
Dec 22, 2003
the part where one of the victims was impaled on fern.png

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a bitchin jetski
Jun 20, 2018

by SA Support Robot
The post credits scene was intense.

The hero looking out over the vista of the ruined city and saying "I guess, this day, we're all Slendermen" gave me legit goosebumps

• Locked thread