Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Tried to play this three times on my PS4 and the game will not go past about 1 minute or so into the first gameplay segment without crashing. In Googling this issue it seems like there have been other people with this issue but no fixes have actually solved the problem. Anyone else run into this? I feel like I'm going to have to wait for a patch now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
No bounty for beating a dude peddling eugenics pamphlets in the middle of a busy street. As it should be.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

So I saved the game before fighting some dude (who appeared to have robbed and murdered a couple, so I figured I could kill him without recourse), and then after fighting him glitched out and got stuck inside a wagon, so I loaded the save. After loading the save I was in a completely different place, and the destination I was heading towards (the trapper) is no longer on the map. What the gently caress?

edit: Btw, I found some creepy blind man who said some important sounding vague stuff. I gave him a dollar.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Oct 31, 2018

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

Just accidentally ran over the dog at the Wagon Fence. Whatever terrible things happen to Arthur, I now deserve it.

that dog has a death wish

https://i.imgur.com/xzQrk3R.gifv

rip horses

https://i.imgur.com/GByYq0V.gifv

rip john
https://i.imgur.com/VPkaPFE.gifv

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

JBP posted:

Isn't it so you can drag the rod around or up to deal with a fish while it fights? You can reel faster by pulling the rod up and reeling when it isn't fighting too.

No, you just use left stick for that. I figured it out, GRIP REEL plus spin right stick to work your lures.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
Anyone with an LG OLED and a PS4 Pro want to comment on using HDR vs not? I saw all the news about fake HDR. When it's on, night time is fairly gray and sort of washed out. When it's off using the in game toggle, it's so dark out. I have the in game OLED brightness setting at 300 like recommended.

I'm also confused by the SDR brightness setting screen. It's the standard make sure you can just see the logo while also seeing the contrast bars. The logo box just stays pure black though no matter the setting. It is implying that I'll see the R*.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

KingKapalone posted:

Anyone with an LG OLED and a PS4 Pro want to comment on using HDR vs not? I saw all the news about fake HDR. When it's on, night time is fairly gray and sort of washed out. When it's off using the in game toggle, it's so dark out. I have the in game OLED brightness setting at 300 like recommended.

I'm also confused by the SDR brightness setting screen. It's the standard make sure you can just see the logo while also seeing the contrast bars. The logo box just stays pure black though no matter the setting. It is implying that I'll see the R*.

You should definitely see the R*. Do you have some weird settings enabled on the TV itself? Go to rtings.com and look up your model to find a good start for calibration settings (although they always differ a little from unit to unit). Pretty much every TV has terrible settings enabled out of the box

edit: and I'm not on an OLED but I think "fake" or not, I prefer the game with HDR enabled. All the colors seem way more cartoony with it turned off

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass

goferchan posted:

You should definitely see the R*. Do you have some weird settings enabled on the TV itself? Go to rtings.com and look up your model to find a good start for calibration settings (although they always differ a little from unit to unit). Pretty much every TV has terrible settings enabled out of the box

It's configured with Rtings and other online sources for different modes. For SDR gaming in using this https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/736o62/lg_oled_c7b7_2017_calibrated_settings_for_xbox/

With the SDR brightness I just say a big black square for the logo with nothing in it. All the lines below show up correctly.

Edit: I shouldn't need to change anything on my TV or the PS4, just the game setting for HDR right? Assuming the TV is calibrated correctly of course. My SDR Switch gaming has never been a problem. I think I've only done HDR content with the PS4 though.

KingKapalone fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Oct 31, 2018

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop
Just FYI for anyone spending hours trekking out to get the rare white horse - if you don't care about colour, it's the exact same as other Arabians that you can buy from a stable. If you can't afford one, get to chapter 3 or 4 (and stop wasting your time selling rabbit pelts and belt buckles for $1) and you'll have plenty enough.

I got all the way out there to find out it's the same as the horse I was already riding :sigh: and there was "too much activity" so I couldn't even hunt whatever legendary was around.

HOW COULD YOU
Jun 1, 2006

The man in black fled across Middle Tennessee, and Pierre followed.

JBP posted:

I have three horses:

Ironhead Sam is my warhorse for dangerous poo poo.
Garfield is my big work horse that I just don't want to part with.
Westerly is my Arabian and I named him that because he's fast as hell and that's where we came from.

my three are

disco, who is a garbage bad horse
walt, who's my daily rider
and my currently unnamed white snowhorse

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I don't think you can hunt legendaries while you have a bounty very well. bounty system is the worst part of the game it's kind of a bummer.

uncle w benefits
Nov 1, 2010

hi, it's me, your uncle
Rename this thread to Jed Jead ReJanktion 2: The Jankening, because I am going to take a break for a few days, or maybe until a patch hits.

Spent the last 2 hours in the legendary buck area, west of Strawberry trying to find the legendary buck out there. It drops an antler that is needed for a charm that improves the quality of all pelts you skin by 1 star. Yet, I'm in the area according to the official hardcover strategy guide I bought (like a dummy,) YouTube, and the in game legendary animals map Hosea gives you. Four times in 2 hours I got the 'you're in legendary animal territory, but there is too much activity to track the animal.' The legendary buck drawing doesn't even appear on that part of the map like the legendary wolf and bear did.

What gives? What arbitrary mechanic am I failing to manipulate to drive away all the other animals in the area so I can track this stupid buck? I've been patient, I walked on foot, slow walked on horse back, used cover scent lotion, camped out and waited. I've done everything I can think of but I still don't get anything. The area in particular is the Black Bone Forest directly west of Mount Shan, at least that's the area that triggers the message. These cryptic, nebulous, and otherwise inconsistent mechanics are so very disappointing.

Gay Horney posted:

I don't think you can hunt legendaries while you have a bounty very well. bounty system is the worst part of the game it's kind of a bummer.

Yea it is. It disables stagecoach travel too. Like suddenly all the stagecoach drivers tune their police scanners in, but the railways don't give a heck because your money is green enough

uncle w benefits fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Oct 31, 2018

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Gay Horney posted:

I managed but the moment I got the pelt on the horse some bounty hunters showed up. Fairly certain it was just random. It's only a $60 bounty though, maybe it's more impossible with higher bounties.

uncle w benefits posted:

Rename this thread to Jed Jead ReJanktion 2: The Jankening, because I am going to take a break for a few days, or maybe until a patch hits.

Spent the last 2 hours in the legendary buck area, west of Strawberry trying to find the legendary buck out there. It drops an antler that is needed for a charm that improves the quality of all pelts you skin by 1 star. Yet, I'm in the area according to the official hardcover strategy guide I bought (like a dummy,) YouTube, and the in game legendary animals map Hosea gives you. Four times in 2 hours I got the 'you're in legendary animal territory, but there is too much activity to track the animal.' The legendary buck drawing doesn't even appear on that part of the map like the legendary wolf and bear did.

What gives? What arbitrary mechanic am I failing to manipulate to drive away all the other animals in the area so I can track this stupid buck? I've been patient, I walked on foot, slow walked on horse back, used cover scent lotion, camped out and waited. I've done everything I can think of but I still don't get anything. The area in particular is the Black Bone Forest directly west of Mount Shan, at least that's the area that triggers the message. These cryptic, nebulous, and otherwise inconsistent mechanics are so very disappointing.

I saw that message in the northeast corner of the map where there's a legendary moose or some poo poo and I guessed it showed up because a cougar was loving up some dudes on horseback. After I killed the cougar it let me track the legendary.

Correlation != Causation so I can't say for certain that it had anything to do with that, but there was quite the commotion while that cougar was loving poo poo up.

ssb fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Oct 31, 2018

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Man, it's really loving dumb that you can kill a guy from a distance with an arrow at night and instantly everybody in the area knows exactly where you are and starts shooting you. Like yeah they should see the dude die but then they should have to search the area to find you. Why bother having a silent ranged weapon when enemies react like you fired a buffalo rifle?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Jibo posted:

No bounty for beating a dude peddling eugenics pamphlets in the middle of a busy street. As it should be.

No bounty for blowing his head clean off with a sawed off shotgun either. In fact I said "good day mister!" to the constable that was standing in the doorway just to his left. All is right with the world. But bumping into someone on the street on foot instantly escalates into a 7 on 1 fistfight that I have to shoot my way out of, leading to my horse dying, leading to a $500 bounty in Lemoyne, leading to me surrendering to bounty hunters because they caught me fishing, leading to Hosea breaking me out of jail, leading to me bumping into someone on the street again and Hosea shooting two lawmen dead before I could surrender.

In conclusion, Red Dead Redemption 2 is a game on contrasts.

Solice Kirsk fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Oct 31, 2018

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
So uh.... Aberdeen Pig Farm :stare:

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Wiccan Wasteland posted:

Tie her up and take her to the ditch

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

ravenkult posted:

Tie her up and take her to the ditch

I took her there and left her there without killing her. Also, Arthurs reaction when he figures it out is hilarious.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/Pb6XJXp.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/vvjaDt3.gifv

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

This game puts MGS 4 to shame for ending length.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Today I killed a deer by running into it full steam with my horse. 10/10

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Wiccan Wasteland posted:

My favorite little thing was I kicked the door open and blew her away after and the dude came downstairs and freaked out that she was dead before lunging at me. Just the little touches. Then I molotovd their house for spite.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Got a Springfield Rifle (with a do-gooder coupon), that thing is pretty cool! For horseback snap aim, its like a railgun.

cheesetriangles posted:

This game puts MGS 4 to shame for ending length.

That is awesome.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Springfield rifle is pretty good. Slow rate of fire is more than made up for killing most people in one shot wherever you hit them.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvUImHSt3wo

Just got to this part and goddamn as a mexican its was amazing

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Wish there was some higher stakes poker. The bigger city apparently has a $5 game but that's the highest I've seen

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

The REAL Goobusters posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvUImHSt3wo

Just got to this part and goddamn as a mexican its was amazing

I loved this so much.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Moridin920 posted:

Wish there was some higher stakes poker. The bigger city apparently has a $5 game but that's the highest I've seen

As part of a story mission I just boarded a riverboat and played some Poker with a $300 buy-in -- given the detail of the environment there I'd be surprised if it was just a one-off mission location and wasn't something you could revisit on your own time, but who knows

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
It really sounds like my tendency to screw around in early game as much as possible is really going to pay off in this game.

It would pay off more is so many guns were not plot locked from purchase once you have the means. So I should proooobably press on to at least chapter 3.

"I saved a guy from a beartrap! That means my early trip to Strawberry gives me a free item from the general store! *all three whole guns in the store are Red Locked* ... Well, at least I can get this cool outfit! *10% discount honor not high enough*... This is not how 'pick anything you want' works :sigh:"

Ytlaya posted:

So I saved the game before fighting some dude (who appeared to have robbed and murdered a couple, so I figured I could kill him without recourse), and then after fighting him glitched out and got stuck inside a wagon, so I loaded the save. After loading the save I was in a completely different place, and the destination I was heading towards (the trapper) is no longer on the map. What the gently caress?

edit: Btw, I found some creepy blind man who said some important sounding vague stuff. I gave him a dollar.

My brother had his horse teleported onto a moving train when he loaded a save.

The horse didn't make it, I think.

My horse names are Hammer (starter), Bricks(cheap $15 horse for sale in stable tutorial), and Nails. Nails is the War Horse the snake oil bounty had. Mine now!

Section Z fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Oct 31, 2018

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
I feel like I'm halfway through chapter 4 and I still haven't seen the gold gun I earned in GTA. Where do I get that?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Finally have days off. Other than one night where I could get away with staying up forever due to workin a later shift than usual, I haven't been able to really sit down for a long while with this game and you're goddamn right I'm going to do it now goddamnit!!!

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

davebo posted:

I feel like I'm halfway through chapter 4 and I still haven't seen the gold gun I earned in GTA. Where do I get that?

It's supposed to be in your saddlebags after chapter 1. I sent R* a ticket, they said that they're aware of the issue.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

titties posted:

It's supposed to be in your saddlebags after chapter 1. I sent R* a ticket, they said that they're aware of the issue.

Oh thanks. I was starting to think maybe it was just for online mode.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I am bad at games like poker.

So bad that Pearson beat me in a couple of games of dominos and now he absolutely will not shut up about how he won. Every chance he has to say something to me it's about when he won.

One of these days Pearson, you're getting a fist right in the kisser.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
I've named all my horses after Greek figures in my black hat playthrough. My giant raven-black shire horse was named Erebus (after the god of the dark). Erebus lasted me into chapter three but died in an ambush from the Lemoyne Raiders, so any Raider I see now is hosed beyond hosed. My fastest horse is Minos, and my general horse to go hunting or working on is Hestia.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Caught a 19lb catfish! I like that for the big boys you have to load them onto the back of the horse. Excited to hunt a legendary fish.

Kalsco
Jul 26, 2012

Tried serving time for the story bounty you get in Strawberry. Ended up getting busted out and having to get re-arrested. Thanks for nothin, John.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

There is no heckin way that bounty hunter existed in the corn field before I stepped in that specific spot. Dude's a wizard.

HOW COULD YOU
Jun 1, 2006

The man in black fled across Middle Tennessee, and Pierre followed.
anyone know if you can get unique guns that you missed by replaying missions? My game farted out on me and i seem to have lost a unique revolver i picked up in a side mission. is that just gone forever now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I don't think I've picked up a a single fancy gun. I bought my Schofields and rifles then had them customised to my taste. I got a long rifle as a gift I think. These are my guns I don't need no lost and found.

e: if you haven't used them or don't have them yet, get yourself a hatchet or a tomahawk.