Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Once I got past the launcher issue, game worked wonderfully. It's not a light game though, my 2600X + 1080 barely give me more than 35-40 FPS for 1440p, everything on high (but I'm still bumbling around in the middle of the longest snowstorm ever, so I guess it might get better once I'm out of this hellhole)

I can't wait for a tweaking guide, the amount of possible settings is staggering and I'd love to know which ones are more or less important to getting a good framerate without sacrificing too much bling. Though I have to say that minimum FPS seem quite high and stable, I never went under 28 FPS at worst, and frametimes seem to be decent too so it still looks pretty fluid at all times! I don't really miss hitting 60hz in these conditions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

By the way, if you add the Rockstar Launcher to Steam as a non-Steam game, the Steam overlay works along with its screenshot tool. Hopefully :rockstar: anticheat doesn't decide to hate it.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Wheezle posted:

I’m hearing a patch just dropped. Anyone having better luck?

I just get a pop up saying Rockstar game services are unavailable. At least the launcher doesn't immediately crash now I guess?

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Joe Gillian posted:

edit: I'm in love with the game, but let me keep my hat goddamnit lol

Just in case you haven't noticed it, the game keeps infinite copies of your hat in your saddle. Stand next to your horse then bring up the item wheel and tab across to Horse. Arthur's hat is in the bottom right.

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

Thank you to the people that suggested process lasso. Limiting it to 1 less core when reaching 98 cpu usage has fixed all my problems. Game runs and looks beautiful. I was about ready to give up until a patch.

marxismftw
Apr 16, 2010

Patch seems to have broken the process lasso fix for me.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

webmeister posted:

Just in case you haven't noticed it, the game keeps infinite copies of your hat in your saddle. Stand next to your horse then bring up the item wheel and tab across to Horse. Arthur's hat is in the bottom right.

Ah thanks for this. I was getting annoyed that I was picking up hats off of Bounty Hunters that really went well with my Franco Nero look, and now I've actually accessed his wardrobe and got a hat that gives me the same look.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Shut down my desktop and turned it on again, now everything works perfectly. Was even able to crank up my graphics settings to Ultra everything!

pootiebigwang
Jun 26, 2008
Has anyone on a B450 non max motherboard been able to play the game?

Simiain
Dec 13, 2005

"BAM! The ole fork in the eye!!"
I hear people talkin' bout some 3gb patch that half works, but Epic only updated my RDR2 a paltry 150mb. Whats that all about?

I have the launcher not launching issue (I suppose because I'm on a B450 mobo with an AGESA 1.0.0.3 or whatever) and gently caress, if the game just worked I could open it up, gently caress around for a bit and get back to my work. When poo poo like this happens its all I can think about and I'm going to waste the night away F5ing and futilely loving about.

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell
The patched seemed to fix the menu issue i was having, but the hitching is still there. haven't tried the process lasso yet

I wouldn't be shocked if the patch was mostly logging or something

pootiebigwang
Jun 26, 2008
The fact that I am even talking about having to mess with my bios to get a game to launch in 2019 shows how ridiculous and rear end backwards this launch has been. Honestly haven't seen this kind of poo poo happen in at least 10 years.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
I fixed some of the stuttering on my PC by manually setting the process priority to "realtime" in task manager.

Prefect Six
Mar 27, 2009

Capn Beeb posted:

I just get a pop up saying Rockstar game services are unavailable. At least the launcher doesn't immediately crash now I guess?

The launcher is just sitting at "Connecting to Rockstar game services" now. Worked fine last night, but updated and restarted tonight. Tried disabling AV and running the launcher in administrator mode, but still not getting past "connecting". Oh well, back to Outer Worlds.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
But now the game causes a total PC freeze and scary loud sound randomly. Rockstar really hosed up this release

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Glenn Quebec posted:

I cannot for the life of me remember what game it was but it had similar controls to the horse in this and basically trained me. But yeah the horse is dumb to control. The fact we don't have an autorun is brutal af

Cinematic mode will autorun on roads

tophet
Oct 28, 2003

Young Orc
It doesn’t sound like anyone else is having an issue where the launcher won’t connect? I’m just stuck at the black connecting screen. I also can’t delete or reinstall the launcher. Anyone heard anything about this?

Edit: Apparently a lot of people now that there’s a patch. Sweet to spend hours just trying to run a game.

tophet fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Nov 7, 2019

Ham
Apr 30, 2009

You're BALD!

pootiebigwang posted:

Has anyone on a B450 non max motherboard been able to play the game?

No. Launcher issue persists.

the last signal...
Apr 16, 2009
I'm on a rog strix b450 and game runs fine for me!

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday
Sounds like I’m probably not playing tonight either.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

Just another i5 guy here with the hitching problems.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

TorakFade posted:

Once I got past the launcher issue, game worked wonderfully. It's not a light game though, my 2600X + 1080 barely give me more than 35-40 FPS for 1440p, everything on high (but I'm still bumbling around in the middle of the longest snowstorm ever, so I guess it might get better once I'm out of this hellhole)

I can't wait for a tweaking guide, the amount of possible settings is staggering and I'd love to know which ones are more or less important to getting a good framerate without sacrificing too much bling. Though I have to say that minimum FPS seem quite high and stable, I never went under 28 FPS at worst, and frametimes seem to be decent too so it still looks pretty fluid at all times! I don't really miss hitting 60hz in these conditions

From what I've read most of the heavy lifting is all the volumetric stuff, so I'd start there.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

ILL Machina posted:

Cinematic mode will autorun on roads

Sometimes, but sometimes my horse just takes off randomly. Somethings not quite right with it yet. Also I have to go through the weapon wheel to brush the horse while I’m on it what’s that poo poo?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Is there a separate online thread or is it all just one big hoedown here?

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

Dogen posted:

Sometimes, but sometimes my horse just takes off randomly. Somethings not quite right with it yet. Also I have to go through the weapon wheel to brush the horse while I’m on it what’s that poo poo?

You can pat it with G, I believe. Didn't know you could brush and ride.

Bang3r
Oct 26, 2005

killed me.
tore me to pieces.
threw every piece into a fire.
Fun Shoe

Lucid Dream posted:

I've started getting strange tearing/artifacting towards the bottom of the screen along with the UI getting cut off, is that happening to anyone else? Tried switching from full screen to borderless and it didn't seem to make a difference. I wasn't noticing the issue yesterday.

I had this, changing from vulkan to dx12 fixed it for me.

Game runs beautifully for me but if I'm playing online every hour or so if I go into a town it'll crash to desktop.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Looks like us quad core i5 peoples will have to wait for a patch. I tried the CPU lasso workaround with no luck, seems they somehow completely made the game unplayable with a whole slew of common CPUs

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

ILL Machina posted:

You can pat it with G, I believe. Didn't know you could brush and ride.

I feel like I remember on console it was a dpad button... but maybe I'm wrong, maybe you had to use the weapon wheel always. But yeah, if you're at a stop or p slow you can brush the horse whilst mounted.

darkcaps
Sep 20, 2006
Tried all steps to fix launcher crash. Still cant load game. Any tips?

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

Patch didn't fix the i5 freezing issue.

It was like 95% better for me, until I got to Valentine and then it started doing the same old poo poo again :(

Imaginary Friend
Jan 27, 2010

Your Best Friend
Well.. game broke down after updating windows and the gpu drivers (GTX1080). Don't know which one's the culprit but now I got the menu bottom half flickering, crashes and/or sound stuttering after an hour or so. Starting getting used to the controls though.

JosefStalinator posted:

Do you have an i5 CPU? Pretty much all i5s break the game, most recent patch didn't address that.
Yeah, I didn't have any of these problems yesterday it seems so don't know what's going on.

Imaginary Friend fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Nov 7, 2019

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Dogen posted:

I feel like I remember on console it was a dpad button... but maybe I'm wrong, maybe you had to use the weapon wheel always. But yeah, if you're at a stop or p slow you can brush the horse whilst mounted.

I’m using an Xbox controller and pat while riding is done by pushing the left stick in (L3?)

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Imaginary Friend posted:

Well.. game broke down after updating windows and the gpu drivers (GTX1080). Don't know which one's the culprit but now I got the menu bottom half flickering, crashes and/or sound stuttering after an hour or so. Starting getting used to the controls though.

Do you have an i5 CPU? Pretty much all i5s break the game, most recent patch didn't address that.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

JosefStalinator posted:

I’m not that guy, but I’ve been playing fine on an i5. I was getting the stuttering pretty constantly in the prologue, but it diminished when I got to the open world proper. The first few times in Valentine were awful, but now I’m mostly done with chapter 2 and I get stutters maybe once an hour if that.

None of the core disabling or process lasso tricks worked for me - maybe it’s because I’m only on a GTX970 and using low settings? 1080p 30fps and the quality sliders are about 3-4/10.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

webmeister posted:

I’m not that guy, but I’ve been playing fine on an i5. I was getting the stuttering pretty constantly in the prologue, but it diminished when I got to the open world proper. The first few times in Valentine were awful, but now I’m mostly done with chapter 2 and I get stutters maybe once an hour if that.

None of the core disabling or process lasso tricks worked for me - maybe it’s because I’m only on a GTX970 and using low settings? 1080p 30fps and the quality sliders are about 3-4/10.

Maybe I'll try that. Game crashes in the prologue sequence so I can't get a save file, and can't get any further. None of the tricks have worked so far.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Elendil004 posted:

Is there a separate online thread or is it all just one big hoedown here?

Please take your talk about RDR2 elsewhere pardner.

This is now a thread for typical PC users talking about their typical PC problems.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
I feel bad because you all want to play so badly while I've had no issues at all, and have yet to enjoy any of my time in multiplayer. Can't join with pubbies to do missions because they suck and disconnect, can't do solo missions because other players murder me. I just want to chill out and collect stuff but after the initial 3 things the map showed me I have no idea what to do next. But I played through the story on ps4 so dammit I'm going to force myself to enjoy this multiplayer because otherwise it was pretty stupid to rebuy it on PC.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Trying to play online on PC, and it feels like no one bought the PC version, but it probably isn't that at all; it's just that hardly anyone can actually play it. I have yet to get a competitive match that was full.

davebo posted:

I feel bad because you all want to play so badly while I've had no issues at all, and have yet to enjoy any of my time in multiplayer. Can't join with pubbies to do missions because they suck and disconnect, can't do solo missions because other players murder me. I just want to chill out and collect stuff but after the initial 3 things the map showed me I have no idea what to do next. But I played through the story on ps4 so dammit I'm going to force myself to enjoy this multiplayer because otherwise it was pretty stupid to rebuy it on PC.

Red Dead Online with faster load times, and 60fps is incredibly nice, but I am wondering myself if it was worth double dipping on this.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

I'm kinda interested in trying the online and I might as well do it soon because once mods hit I'm probably not going to touch it ever again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

A mod that lets you port your online character into single player would be cool, GTA5 had a feature like that with their director mode.

Plus all the little quality of life improvements.