Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Jimbot posted:

Not a fan of the "poison the still" bootlegger missions. 90% of the time there are one point of entry with every angle of approach covered by several dudes within sight of each other so stealth killing them is impossible. If you manage to do that you can't poison the still from a place of hiding so you stand up, reveal yourself to the rest of the guards and it's just a waste of time. Whatever the gently caress "partial" credit is for those things is, it's a stupid mission type. Just let me murder everyone because your stealth mechanics aren't good enough neither is your encounter design, Rockstar.

Someone pointed out that if you can get line of sight on the still, you can blow it up from a distance and still get full credit for completing the mission as stealthy as possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

lol snow in tumbleweed. like i knew it would happen but snow in the desert is weird

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

If you are on ps4 and getting disconnected all the time try unlinking the ps4 from your social club account. its improved things for me but maybe i just really want it to work and am getting lucky.

https://www.reddit.com/r/reddeadred...tent=post_title

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Sleekly posted:

lol snow in tumbleweed. like i knew it would happen but snow in the desert is weird

It does happen. It's just very rare.

Source: me living in the Mojave desert for sixteen years.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Transmogrifier posted:

It does happen. It's just very rare.

Source: me living in the Mojave desert for sixteen years.

nuclear winter joke here

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

I must be the only person that likes the poison the still missions. I've been able to stealth every one, you just have to watch patrol patterns and line of sight. Yeah the detection can be a bit wonky, but it's definitely doable with a bow and arrow.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Hakarne posted:

I must be the only person that likes the poison the still missions. I've been able to stealth every one, you just have to watch patrol patterns and line of sight. Yeah the detection can be a bit wonky, but it's definitely doable with a bow and arrow. a throwable tomahawk

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

Echoing the "this update has introduced more bugs than it fixed" sentiment. I've been pretty frustrated with the game since the moonshine update.
-It's started frequently getting stuck loading forever trying to enter the game, or when switching sessions (this problem plagues me in GTAO as well).
-Crashing while shopping or doing bounties.
-Weird posse sync issues when capturing and turning in bounties. Some targets are dead for some players and not others, or on the back of someones horse for one person, but laying on the ground a mile away for others. That causes some people to fail the mission or get different payouts.
-My horse randomly having balls sometimes and not others.
-My gun wrap defaulting colour eventually no matter how many times I change it back.
-My horse wiping out any time it so much as touches an incline.
-Collectibles not appearing where they're supposed to until I restart the session.
-NPCs missing or not being able to interact with bounty boards until I restart the session.
-Horse behavior getting worse the higher my bond with it increases (has anyone else noticed this one?)
-Ragdolling off my stationary horse when getting down.
-Guns stored in the weapon locker just deciding I have them equipped instead.
And many more!

It seems like a lot of the stuff in the changelog they claimed to have fixed is stuff that I never experienced until after they "fixed" it. Or some stuff they somehow managed to make even worse, like horse oopsies.

Also, unrelated, wondering when they're going to deliver on this promise to PC players

Rockstar Newswire posted:

And when the next major update to Red Dead Online comes to PC, Stadia, PS4 and Xbox One this December, PC players will also receive a variant of the brand-new Marino Bandolier, plus a new Off-Hand Holster and additional care package as a gift. Stay tuned to the Rockstar Newswire for more details on that update and much more in the weeks to come.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
The potential loot value of killing all the bootleggers far outweighs the extra 10 bucks you save on your mash by doing it stealthily.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
*Ridin into town with my Perfect Buffalo pelt, doot doot doot, gonna get some cool stuff*
*Pelt just up and loving disappears from my horse and my inventory the instant I dismount next to the Trapper."

Grand job, Rockstar. loving christ. Time to start using a trainer I guess.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Cheap Shot posted:

-Ragdolling off my stationary horse when getting down.

I've had this happen a bunch too and I honestly find it just as funny as I do frustrating. Mr Badass Cowboy strolling into town then faceplanting as he casually dismounts his horse

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

Hakarne posted:

I've had this happen a bunch too and I honestly find it just as funny as I do frustrating. Mr Badass Cowboy strolling into town then faceplanting as he casually dismounts his horse

Yeah, its much less annoying than the other horse related bugs. Now getting sent flying off my horse cause its stubs its toe on a rock, decides that today it doesnt jump over fences, or runs into a wall or tree...less amusing. Especially when the patchnotes said they made that less likely to happen.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Is there a auto-move function for the horse? I tried googling, but only discovered the thing where you can have your horse ride to a map point without input from you. Basically i want to have the horse move straight ahead at the same pace while i look for rabbits or whatever and have my left hand free irl to fondle my balls or pick my nose.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Dongattack posted:

Is there a auto-move function for the horse? I tried googling, but only discovered the thing where you can have your horse ride to a map point without input from you. Basically i want to have the horse move straight ahead at the same pace while i look for rabbits or whatever and have my left hand free irl to fondle my balls or pick my nose.

Drive your horse near a snake or other predator, it'll auto-move away.

In a random direction.

Possibly after ditching deadweight.

(This means you.)

Found me a suckhead in Not'awlins, took it for a jog. Interestingly enough, where the citizenry seems to panick if you're seen with a non-bounty all hogtied up on your horse, no one gives a poo poo about you hoofing down the road with a vampire over your shoulder. And after all that, I couldn't quite get the fucker into the Little Church. :smith:

Mayor sent me a letter, wanted a favor. Did it without beating anyone (choking doesn't leave marks). Another letter, another (mostly) non-violent result. One more favor, dude did get clocked, but then Hizzoner wanted me to gank the dude.

I was tired of looking at his greasy muttonchops, so I sided with the guy who, while he didn't like me or my actions, wasn't a dick about it. See ya at Sisika, sleazy!

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

Glenn Quebec posted:

My bi-cycle masters boardwalk and quagmire with aplomb.

Those that doubt me,
Suck cock by choice.

Literally minutes after I saw this episode you come along.

I love how he repeats that last part.

Lugubrious!
Jun 12, 2001

Wow, I am getting constant Error 0X20010006's when trying to play RDO (on PC) now, like to the point of being unplayable. It's been perfectly stable for me since launch until now. Is this actually a problem with Rockstar, or am I uniquely experiencing this volume of disconnects?

Orv
May 4, 2011
I logged into RDO and uh, bears. Dozens of bears. Help.

E: Rapidly going deaf from all the bear shouting. E: Shockingly it was some cheating dude farming the skins. Who could have guessed.

Orv fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Dec 20, 2019

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Lugubrious! posted:

Wow, I am getting constant Error 0X20010006's when trying to play RDO (on PC) now, like to the point of being unplayable. It's been perfectly stable for me since launch until now. Is this actually a problem with Rockstar, or am I uniquely experiencing this volume of disconnects?

In my personal experience, some days this just happens. Others it doesn't.

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.

Vichan posted:

Literally minutes after I saw this episode you come along.

I love how he repeats that last part.

Yes! Give me the Boneshaker. Or a more sophisticated bike, since the 20 so years between Deadwood and RDR2 actually changed up bikes a lot. I was going to include a pic of Emperor Norton on his bike, but my Awful app keeps crashing when I try.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

The disconnect errors seem roughly tied to a bad session. I assume it’s a shaky p2p connection. In two days this week, I had one day where I couldn’t stay connected at all and was constantly having the game lose my moonshine and poo poo. The next day I didn’t disconnect for several hours of dicking around even once and lost nothing.

Re: horse auto run, I think if you’re aiming down the sights of your gun, you can let go of move forward. This is on KB+M but I might be misremembering or it could have been buggy, as sometimes it seems like my horse controls get “sticky” and I have to let go of all the keys to reset it.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Anime Store Adventure posted:

Re: horse auto run, I think if you’re aiming down the sights of your gun, you can let go of move forward. This is on KB+M but I might be misremembering or it could have been buggy, as sometimes it seems like my horse controls get “sticky” and I have to let go of all the keys to reset it.

More like "aim and all control switches to gun and horse just inertias along". Sucks when I'm trying to scope out something and can't decel/stop the drat stupid thing without dropping back out of aim and oh hey I moved just far enough during that time that the target spooked and ran/flew off.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Cheap Shot posted:

-My horse randomly having balls sometimes and not others.

Fuckin :lol: cant wait to play this game

PlisskensEyePatch
Oct 10, 2012
Snowy St Denis looks great. Wishing for a permanent winter version of the map.

Orv
May 4, 2011

PlisskensEyePatch posted:

Snowy St Denis looks great. Wishing for a permanent winter version of the map.

:same:

It's the only time of year I can wear my crazy mountain man getup in any part of the map.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
I robbed the backroom of the Valentine doctors office while wearing a mask, but i still got a bounty. Is it because i used the same horse i always use or something else? Thought mask always meant no bounty and they are really expensive.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Dongattack posted:

I robbed the backroom of the Valentine doctors office while wearing a mask, but i still got a bounty. Is it because i used the same horse i always use or something else? Thought mask always meant no bounty and they are really expensive.

Mask means no bounty if regular people see you. Lawmen are supercops that can see through masks, so you gotta rob and scoot.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
If you're criming anywhere near the law, expect a bounty. Run hard, run fast, run like the wind and get out of sight/across a border, and hold the bounty down to reasonable levels.

Or, assume no one is paying you to bring any bullets home, and paint the West red. :unsmigghh: The CapnBeeb Way.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Committing a crime in a city is especially risky; if it’s possible to do that robbery without getting a bounty, I don’t know how

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Orv posted:

Mask means no bounty if regular people see you. Lawmen are supercops that can see through masks, so you gotta rob and scoot.

Meh, stupid. Just did the train job with Marston and got like a 110 dollar bounty, hardly seems worth it, but i guess thats the message the game wants to tell too so.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
If you kill a lawman who has seen you, does the bounty lose association with you or are lawmen all psychic telepaths who can instantly broadcast your identity to the rest of the world?

Orv
May 4, 2011

GreatGreen posted:

If you kill a lawman who has seen you, does the bounty lose association with you or are lawmen all psychic telepaths who can instantly broadcast your identity to the rest of the world?

The latter. It's a Rockstar game, cops are bullshit.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Is the backroom robbery in Saint Denis only supposed to get you like 70 bucks? My bounty was way higher than that trying to get away.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Yeah if you already have cops chasing you killing them won't do anything but make your bounty higher.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Is the epilogue worth reinstalling the game? My Windows installation got messed up and I don't really want to download over 100GB again if there isn't much more in the way of story. I did the first few missions as John and most of it just seemed like tedious farm work. I like that it's in the game since it shows that Arthur's efforts actually worked out in the end and John can make a normal life for himself, but I don't know how long the section is or if it gets any more exciting.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007

Orv posted:

The latter. It's a Rockstar game, cops are bullshit.

Glad to hear they only give a poo poo about realism when it comes to making the game as tedious as possible instead of realism that could actually help you.

Orv
May 4, 2011

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Is the epilogue worth reinstalling the game? My Windows installation got messed up and I don't really want to download over 100GB again if there isn't much more in the way of story. I did the first few missions as John and most of it just seemed like tedious farm work. I like that it's in the game since it shows that Arthur's efforts actually worked out in the end and John can make a normal life for himself, but I don't know how long the section is or if it gets any more exciting.

Without spoiling anything, if you cared about the story up until that point, it is very worth the trouble to finish that bit.

E: It seems like, in RDO at least, in the northern/north eastern part of Lemoyne the traveling systems inherent to cinematic cam break down. Any time I try to auto-travel up there I end up going AFK and coming back in Saint Denis or up in Van Horn depending on which way I'm going. Weird problem to have.

Also a big fan of cheaters blowing up my horse in a way that seems to prevent insurance from eventually reviving it without going to a stable.

Orv fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Dec 20, 2019

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

People are split on the epilogue but I liked it and think it’s absolutely worth finishing. No spoilers but there’s more plot coming, and you came that far, you might as well see the real ending.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Orv posted:

Without spoiling anything, if you cared about the story up until that point, it is very worth the trouble to finish that bit.

I liked the story even though a lot of people seem to think it's overly depressing, but never played the first game so I missed a lot of context about why anyone is actually following Dutch in the first place. He always seemed shifty to me, like a sort of cult leader personality where he calls everyone things like "my child" and so on. No idea why Arthur would continue running with him when he's so secretive and all his plans seem like insane nonsense, especially after the mission attacking the oil refinery where he leaves you to die for no obvious reason. Hoping the epilogue says what happened to him since all I know is that he ran off somewhere after Arthur died. I avoided spoiling anything about the story, hopefully you also get to kill Micah as John. gently caress that guy.

Orv
May 4, 2011

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

I liked the story even though a lot of people seem to think it's overly depressing, but never played the first game so I missed a lot of context about why anyone is actually following Dutch in the first place. He always seemed shifty to me, like a sort of cult leader personality where he calls everyone things like "my child" and so on. No idea why Arthur would continue running with him when he's so secretive and all his plans seem like insane nonsense, especially after the mission attacking the oil refinery where he leaves you to die for no obvious reason. Hoping the epilogue says what happened to him since all I know is that he ran off somewhere after Arthur died. I avoided spoiling anything about the story, hopefully you also get to kill Micah as John. gently caress that guy.

Yeah for sure play it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
The Back Room robbery of the doctor's office in Valentine is a guaranteed bounty-draw - not only are you *right next door* to the sheriff's office, I'm pretty sure he's getting a rakeoff from it and thus is keeping a close eye on it. I've actually gotten away with straight robbery of the general store/doctor's office with either minimal or no bounty, but that room is not a clean heist. Gets you a free Schofield early, though.

Only Back Room I did that was clean was Rhodes, but I've still not even gotten the clue for Strawberry. (Almost got away clean in St Denis due to slovenly police work - no one ever looked behind the counter where I was hiding during the investigation - but someone x-ray-visioned me looting the dead guard. :( )

Still, Micah's bustout has been the major bounty draw so far, for me - even the big shootout at the end of Chapter 2 was less.

About to close out the Shady Belle section though, so I expect it to get pretty spendy real soon.