Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

they really ought to add the trapper to online

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

yeah and the option for a scenic couch ride too

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011
Not only does redoing the moonshiner story mission not give you moonshiner xp you also cant take selfies in your own bar??

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

ha I replayed the boat one again, where your horse is gone, and just assumed it would be lovely weather like the rest of the map but noooooo its summer and there I am taking more of a health hit from my clothes than any of the lead in the air lol

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Do gun stock (not wrap!) component upgrades help in any way? Or similarly, revolver grips?

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

pmchem posted:

Do gun stock (not wrap!) component upgrades help in any way? Or similarly, revolver grips?

As far as we know, no.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Are improved arrows and throwing knives retrievable? Everywhere I’ve read said they are, but I’ve never been able to do so.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Back Hack posted:

Are improved arrows and throwing knives retrievable? Everywhere I’ve read said they are, but I’ve never been able to do so.

I don't know. :(

Anyone have a bug where your horse won't gallop at full speed in cinematic mode? How to fix?

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Back Hack posted:

Yeah they are, at least in story mode anyway. You don't need to do anything to pick them up other than walk over them.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

pmchem posted:

Anyone have a bug where your horse won't gallop at full speed in cinematic mode? How to fix?

As far as I know that is supposed to be a feature, not a bug.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
My weapon wheel is getting really cluttered, i have to scroll through like 10 weapons now to find the 1 specific one i need to mirk animals at peak efficiency. Is there something i can do about that? Some way to store or sell guns i haven't discovered?

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition
In the trader role you can buy a weapon locker to store whatever weapons you want. Definitely worth the cash.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Trader role? Is that a MP thing? I should have said it's for single player and im only at like chapter 3 or something.

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Dongattack posted:

Trader role? Is that a MP thing? I should have said it's for single player and im only at like chapter 3 or something.

If you’re playing SP you’re just out of luck on that aspect. The game tries to remember your load outs but even that isn’t enough and you’ll spend chunks of time setting up your Arthur loadout, namaste 🙏🏿

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Oh well, at least the game is almost paused when you fiddle through your vast arsenal. Can't carry more than one big skin and 2 sets of clothing, but enough guns to supply a small town is NP :911:

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
I was playing online a bit ago and notice some smoke from an enemy camp on the horizon. Upon investigating none of the guys aggro'd me, and I found a moonshine still in a small shack at the back of the camp. Turns out this was someone else's bootlegger mission I stumbled upon and it gave me the prompt to poison the still. This didn't appear to do anything so I walked out and chucked in some dynamite which appeared to blow it up and angered the 5 guys outside, so I killed them.

Did I do someone a favor by completing it for them, did I mess it up and fail it or is it likely I had no affect on it other than killing a few dudes?

I'd like to think I saved them the trouble of riding out there.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Holy poo poo dynamic controller switching is completely hosed in this, I've never seen it broken this bad in another game.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Are there goon posses? Are posses even worth bothering with? Somebody tell me all about posses please.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

weg posted:

Did I do someone a favor by completing it for them, did I mess it up and fail it or is it likely I had no affect on it other than killing a few dudes?

I don't know if it would have counted for them but those ARE two different ways to complete that mission, so maybe.

Honky Dong Country posted:

Are there goon posses? Are posses even worth bothering with? Somebody tell me all about posses please.

Posses are temporary groups you can use to track each other or let multiple people get credit for things like bounty hunter missions or trade missions. You can set less temporary Posses that have a name for 200 in-game dollars and they can be larger (up to 8 people) and they track who are members of it. They're less powerful than some sort of guild system, but they're meant to be temporary parties you can form.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

drat that doesn't really seem worth the extra money especially if it's just eight people. Ain't GTA online capable of having a shitload of people in a gang? Like I get that RDO is shooting for the western thing, but drat I was kinda hoping for the ability to join up with a buncha goons to play with.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

GTA's Posse equivalent was like CEO Work or Motorcycle clubs which always capped out at 4 for missions. There aren't anything like "Gangs" in Red Dead but it uses the same friend's list and being in a gang only ever gave you a new car color and decal so it didn't really matter anyway.

200 dollars isn't a lot, if you can get in on a large Trader sell (which can be 8 people) you'll make more than that in one go.

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

Does anyone know what causes those random mission "dings" in RDO? It's the same sound effect that you hear when you complete a stage of a mission and the objective updates. I thought it had something to do with another player making a long distance trader sale, but when I check the map there's no wagon icon anywhere.

Dick Jones fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Dec 23, 2019

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Dick Jones posted:

Does anyone know what causes those random mission "dings" in RDO? It's the same sound effect that you hear when you complete a stage of a mission and the objective updates. I thought it had something to do with another player making a long distance trader sale, but when I check the map there's no wagon icon anywhere.

Probably a bug, I've noticed it, too. Moonshiner update is full of them.

My friend has a cool one that randomly switches his aiming mode at launch, but always shows "Normal" (lock-on) in the settings menu. Joining on somebody with a different aiming mode doesn't work the first time, ever. However, it will usually subsequently change your aiming mode to the one you join on after giving an error, meaning you can join on the second attempt. Except when you can't. Sometimes I have to restart the game three times to get the setting to stick, but at least the settings menu will reflect the one it's actually set to.

:rockstar:

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Babe Magnet posted:

Posses are temporary groups you can use to track each other or let multiple people get credit for things like bounty hunter missions or trade missions. You can set less temporary Posses that have a name for 200 in-game dollars and they can be larger (up to 8 people) and they track who are members of it. They're less powerful than some sort of guild system, but they're meant to be temporary parties you can form.

A perma-posse can hold up to 10 inactive members (including the posse leader) and only seven members can be active at a time. Right now perma-posses are bugged in that you can't add/remove members through the ALL MEMBERS section because you can't even see them listed. We've found a workaround (look at the posse members on the Social Club website, then remove them via the in game menu in the Friends list) but we've been telling folks to abandon a posse after they're done in there so spaces are open. Otherwise, posse leaders play a shuffling game where we rotate folks in and out as needed for runs.

There are many goon posses on the PC discord, and we are often pinging folks to join for trade deliveries, moonshine runs, etc. You just need to speak up to join.

Since it's been awhile, here is a link for the PC discord crew: https://discordapp.com/invite/HBgmBeJ

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Back Hack posted:

All your knives/tomahawks/hachets and *most* arrows are retrievable, so long as you can find them. (You can spot them in Eagle Eye, but good luck if you missed, or if the arrow decides to roll off.) Never tried retrieving a fire or dynamite arrow, but who knows? :iiam:

In other news, finished up St Denis missions and went to Guarma.

:siren: SPOILERS FOR 2018 GAME :siren: fuuuuuuuck I hate Guarma. *DO NOT* complete both initial story missions, especially Dutch's one, because toot toot express comin' to run you back off the island fast. Do any/all hunting/animal parts collection/observation for the Compendium then and there. (Apparently Guarma-specific critters aren't needed for anything other than the Compendium, but I so wanted pretty birdie feathers anyway.)

Back from Guarma, and let's get even more depressing, shall we? Well, there *is* some good news - you don't permanently lose all your guns/gear/clothes/satchel contents/horses/money, you just have to find 'em again. Might just piss away a lot of my $14k buying all the clothes/horse stuff/catalog poo poo/provisions before going too much farther. Might even 100% the gun options so I can just walk in and Barbie-mod my smokewagons whenever I feel like. :siren: END SPOILERS :siren:

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSE! Stumbled across two, one Pristine that seemed to be running from a bear near Wallace Station, and one Good up at Barrow Lagoon. Tried a variety of "guaranteed moose spawn" tricks, like night herbivore baiting Cairn Lake, but no go. (Did get deer wandering up close enough to get shanked, but no moose.) I think this gets my moose spotting up into the double-digits, finally.

And that Wallace one? Was chasing the bear call, actually - seems that Rockstar couldn't be bothered to say that "bear pelt" means Grizzly ONLY for Trapper crafting. :argh: Also, I need one more goddamn Perfect bear pelt... killed five spawned Grizzlies in that are in one in-game day, a couple Good were the best results, and this with Deadeye face shots from the Bolt-Action. :smithicide: Sheep are also specific, but differently: hornless Bighorn *Sheep* should not produce only Ram hides.

Oh, and yoinking Bronte's Broomhandle :quagmire: does *not* unlock it in the catalog, unlike most of the other pickup weapons so far. :( Of course, those are all fixed loot, like the Yellowboy in Rhodes or the Schofield in Valentine. So, Midnight's pimpgun is my offhand with Bronte's now-custom gat, and I'm just Chow Yun Skinny (because of Arthur's condition :( ) dual-headshotting all these O'Driscolls/Lemoyes/Murfrees at camps and random encounters.

Also tried being a cheating rear end in a top hat (in singleplayer) by using a save editor to try and acquire needed animal bits for Trapper, and also to try to go back to Guarma all kitted out. Noooope. Not sure if the save just isn't taking, if the game is refusing to allow the changes to the save, or the cloud save is overwriting the modified one no matter what I choose. Even if I skip going back to the island.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Can Red Dead 2 install off a disc? I dont have net in these trying times but walmart has rdr2 for 40$ and I want it

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

verbal enema posted:

Can Red Dead 2 install off a disc? I dont have net in these trying times but walmart has rdr2 for 40$ and I want it

PC? Disc is probably just an installer to connect to Rockstar for 100+ gigs of download. Consoles? Dunno, possibly.

On the PC, it's phoning home, even in singleplayer.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Does the free double-barrel variant holiday reward skin apply to just the standard "double-barrel shotgun", or also the unique weapon "rare shotgun" that happens to be a double-barrel?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Ygolonac posted:

PC? Disc is probably just an installer to connect to Rockstar for 100+ gigs of download. Consoles? Dunno, possibly.

On the PC, it's phoning home, even in singleplayer.

oh yeah ps4 not pc

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

You’re definitely going to be stuck with whatever version of the game it shipped as, sans patches

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Basic Chunnel posted:

You’re definitely going to be stuck with whatever version of the game it shipped as, sans patches

So, gold duping, glitching into forbidden areas, all kinds of fun. :ninja:

Orv
May 4, 2011

pmchem posted:

Does the free double-barrel variant holiday reward skin apply to just the standard "double-barrel shotgun", or also the unique weapon "rare shotgun" that happens to be a double-barrel?

Regular only unfortunately.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I'm about 4 gold short of the 40 for the pass. I figure I'm going to get that then hopefully own enough through that to get the 30 for the moonshiner's. What's the best way to earn gold? Ive been gaining it randomly but I haven't really been paying attention to how. I have the other 3 roles unlocked and have already done the story missions for reference.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition
Honestly dailies add up. Make sure you do at least one every day to keep your streak going. After a while doing a daily will net you half a gold bar. Make sure you check out the role dailies as well. Some super easy ones there like lasso a bounty from horseback or be a fatty and eat three camp stews.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

It'd be a lot easier to recommend the pass if the game could stay connected reliably. I have it but it annoys the poo poo out of me that huge chunks of my RDRO time are spent watching loving old timey photos

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

pmchem posted:

Press shift a few times after the cinimatic camera locks in, and your horse should hopefully pick up the pace. At least on pc.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

I'm about 4 gold short of the 40 for the pass. I figure I'm going to get that then hopefully own enough through that to get the 30 for the moonshiner's. What's the best way to earn gold? Ive been gaining it randomly but I haven't really been paying attention to how. I have the other 3 roles unlocked and have already done the story missions for reference.

Do free roam missions and bounties as well. They give you gold too.

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
do some treasure maps too if you have any.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

getting to .5 gold a daily with a bunch of easy role ones too add up quick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
game is fun