Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

content coming real fast now after like 6 months of red dead silence

lol fukken page snype

Chasing oregano for a daily last night, run out into the brush, scare off some small critOW gently caress

Badger attack. He got shanked.

We need rabies, dammit. Get bit when low on health, now you have a limited-time quest to find the Legendary Folk Cure Plant, in fun places like Gator Country, Wolf Country, Bear Country and Rabid Squirrel Caverns.

All the while your health stats are dropping like Arthur in late mainquest.

Which opens the door to the introduction of the fan favorite Undead Nightmare, right?

Ygolonac fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Nov 24, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Shoehead posted:

Mannn could we finally get RDR1 on pc?

surely it is coming??

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Jimbot posted:

Rockstar weren't the best communicators already and I think the problem was made worse with covid.

That and they downsized and restructured after Dan Houser left and there was that big criticism surrounding crunch culture.

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
so no housing or property till after feb. got it.

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

The only reason I'm hoarding gold is so I can have a quaint little St Denis pied-à-terre with an opium pipe sitting out on the coffee table and a glass of absinthe on the kitchen counter.

zhar
May 3, 2019

I can get standard, special or ultimate edition for £30, £40 and £45 respectively. Is anything above standard worth the 33%+ hike?

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

zhar posted:

I can get standard, special or ultimate edition for £30, £40 and £45 respectively. Is anything above standard worth the 33%+ hike?

The ultimate edition free online horse is really, really good. I easily outrun my friend's black arabian. Extra gold bars (if you still get that) is very nice, as it allows you to jump straight into roles, instead of grinding for months.

spaced ninja
Apr 10, 2009

Toilet Rascal
The special edition has some extra missions and story mode stuff, ultimate edition includes all that and a bunch of online stuff (outfits, gold etc). The extra stuff you get in both are pretty good but certainly wouldn’t ruin the experience without.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Just watched this interesting video about Red Dead Online's most exclusive clan: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5b2TZDNj9Js

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Just watched this interesting video about Red Dead Online's most exclusive clan: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5b2TZDNj9Js

"the reaper lords" lol did a 13 year old name this clan

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

My posse is named Porkchop Express and it's just me and my friend. We both ride and run around randomly and run into poo poo, which usually ends with either of us, our horse or both doing a hilarious ragdoll. She named her posse Cowy's Seven because that's her horse's name. Her horses' names are all terrible.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

:laffo: I know right? I just went with "Grab 'er By The Posse"

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

Jimbot posted:

Porkchop Express

Hexenritter posted:

Grab 'er By The Posse

i would like to join both of these

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

my posse is I LIEK TRAINS and I do

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
How Is Posse Formed for me.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Ygolonac posted:

How Is Posse Formed for me.

hahaha nice

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

its red dead online's most exclusive and disciplined clan so yeah it was a 13 year old

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

their real crime is having a uniform in a game where playing dress up is like 90% of the fun

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

their real crime is having a uniform in a game where playing dress up is like 90% of the fun

darn tootin'

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

And lo! the Beeb hath been summoned from his slumber...

Can't really seem to get a good outfit build going, myself. Most amusing is the overalls/grubby work shirt/barefoot/ratty plantation? hat combo, with rope holster and belt and good (but not ostentatious) weapons. Look like I should be a single-digit-level scrub. :v: Wanted to go for a Fifth Street Saints look, but there's not enough stuff in the correct colors. (I guess it's all in team event stock or something.) I'd drop gold on gold weapons if I had the right getup.

Oh, and there's not quite the right parts, and nowhere near the scarring, to do a Jeana Woodson Hex. :smith:

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine

And 90% of the point, really.

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

Imagine putting all the effort into a clan with a game that really isn't built to be played like that.

I mean you get on with your friends and make some money delivering or shooting npcs. that's the extent of a posse.

There's no clan wars, nothing to make or stand out in the game world to prove your the best clan. You can't even grief ppl in this game. you just parley with them or move to a different server.

It's like the ppl that organize the group thought the game was going to be so much more and they just have too much pride to admit they went a little over board.

zooted heh fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Nov 26, 2020

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Can anyone tell me please what the initial download size for this game is on pc? I see it says it needs 150 gb hd space but this often much larger than the initial download.

I have very slow internet and am not sure if it's worth it.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Jippa posted:

Can anyone tell me please what the initial download size for this game is on pc? I see it says it needs 150 gb hd space but this often much larger than the initial download.

I have very slow internet and am not sure if it's worth it.

It was 112 GB for me at launch, I think.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

zooted heh posted:

Imagine putting all the effort into a clan with a game that really isn't built to be played like that.

I mean you get on with your friends and make some money delivering or shooting npcs. that's the extent of a posse.

There's no clan wars, nothing to make or stand out in the game world to prove your the best clan. You can't even grief ppl in this game. you just parley with them or move to a different server.

It's like the ppl that organize the group thought the game was going to be so much more and they just have too much pride to admit they went a little over board.

I mean I realize you guys are mocking the poo poo out of that video, but those guys are having so much more fun playing this game than you. You may not agree with that statement but the video I posted made it pretty clear that these people are having a great time. The whole video is worth watching, I honestly didn't post it with the intent of making fun of it, I thought it was interesting.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
Goons not understanding that the multiplayer game is designed for and best enjoyed in a group.txt

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

I mean I realize you guys are mocking the poo poo out of that video, but those guys are having so much more fun playing this game than you. You may not agree with that statement but the video I posted made it pretty clear that these people are having a great time. The whole video is worth watching, I honestly didn't post it with the intent of making fun of it, I thought it was interesting.
Lmao at "guard duty" and the guy getting thrown out for playing animal crossing.

So fun you gotta play other games while playing the fun game.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

I look at it in a different way. The video feels quaint because it reminds me of that MMO microcosm with that one guild taking it far too seriously

Fargin Icehole fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Nov 26, 2020

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

lol standing guard in a video game with no random encounters where 30 of their clan mates fill a server with no opposition.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Today's dailies: skin three turkeys, eat five seasoned birb meat, drink one antique alcohol.

And the RDO dailies are...

:v:

Completed both sets of dailies - General was easy ("take picture of horse", for example), Roles were doable - Trader was Make A Cripps Special (Stew, not Latrine), 2 local and 2 distant deliveries.

Just saw in the progress section that I'm awfully close to completing 1k hat shots. Good god, "grind" doesn't hardly describe doing that ten times for the max.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Ygolonac posted:

General was easy ("take picture of horse", for example)

Never got that one to work.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

SplitSoul posted:

Never got that one to work.

That's not a horse... that's my wife!

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

That's not a horse... that's my wife!

Howdy, Mr. Vice President.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Ygolonac posted:

And lo! the Beeb hath been summoned from his slumber...

honk

local cryptid assists new visitors to her woods

Then entertains patrons

Also drat I look pissed and my buddy is all "This man is about die. :|" here lmao

I can only hope we get the rockstar director mode that GTA online got, taking decent pictures of our characters is really tricky and limited right now.

spaced ninja
Apr 10, 2009

Toilet Rascal
I wish we could get photo mode on Xbox. I like the in game camera but it’s impossible to get good shots.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine

I mean, make your own fun in whatever you play. Lord knows all the jihad jeeps and b-17 wing dancing I partook in in battlefield 1942.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

SplitSoul posted:

It was 112 GB for me at launch, I think.

Thanks. I have started the donwload and will be back in a week or so. :pray:

spaced ninja
Apr 10, 2009

Toilet Rascal
Apparently there is some type of physics glitch with a bridge in rdo.

https://twitter.com/GoneEFK/status/1332378978531897345?s=20

More info here

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-11-27-red-dead-online-players-are-flying-across-the-map-using-a-wibbly-wobbly-bridge

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

I guess Take Two saw how much gold people were making, apparently daily streaks will automatically reset after 28 days starting with Tuesday's update.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Capn Beeb posted:

I guess Take Two saw how much gold people were making, apparently daily streaks will automatically reset after 28 days starting with Tuesday's update.

That's really lovely. At least I'll get in my 365-day streak. :shepicide: