Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sinburger
Sep 10, 2006

*hurk*

Captain Beans posted:

Pretty sure they have said picking one won’t lock you out of the others, and that you level each one up separately. Not sure what the exact mechanism is to switch between them is.

Pretty sure each class has specific actions that level you up, but they don't overlap. So killing animals will level you up as a trader, but not a bounty hunter, whereas killing bounties will be vice versa. So you can run multiple careers simultaneously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sinburger
Sep 10, 2006

*hurk*

So when I downloaded the new update my daily streak reset to 0, even though it was still tracking my completed challenges properly. Anyone else have that issue?

sinburger
Sep 10, 2006

*hurk*

titties posted:

It's broken. I cried to R* and they couldn't restore my streak + multiplier but they gave me 50 gold bars to make up for it.

Welp, looks like I'm going firing off some emails tonight.

sinburger
Sep 10, 2006

*hurk*

Qubee posted:

Any tips or advice if I'm about to jump in for the first time? I'm not worried about open world PVP, I love the idea. But is it basically like Rust where it's "shoot first, question later"? I'd get pretty tired of it pretty fast if every encounter is just immediate gun slinging, instead of talking first and then deciding if we wanna riddle each other with holes. Is the map different to singleplayer?

Do the story missions to earn a decent amount of cash early on.

Don't blow you cash on clothes or other aesthetics right away, some good stuff opens up as you level up.

The outlaw pass is totally worth it if you have the gold bars for it (don't actually pay money for gold bars though). You progress super fast and get lots of free poo poo, and if you get to level 70 you earn your gold bar investment back.

Most people will leave you alone, but if you start poo poo with players in free roam expect to fight them constantly until one of you logs off the server.

Pick up one or more of the roles in game, it helps focus your experience once all of the story missions are done.

sinburger
Sep 10, 2006

*hurk*

KoRMaK posted:

What's this loving train baron mode?? How did they gently caress this up, it's exactly what I wanted. Horses, bit guns, moving. But... Why are all th chasers able to kill each other? It should be the current baron va everyone else. All th chasers should dynamically be put on the same team so they can't shoot each other and help gravitate those players to be cooperative against the the train controller.

Literally every objective based PvP mode suffers from the players inability to realize it's not a death match.

I can't count the number of times I'd finish a match in the top 5 because I managed to scrape 9 objective points together compare to the 100+ the winners got.

sinburger
Sep 10, 2006

*hurk*

So I signed in after a couple months of not playing, and my character looks old as gently caress. Like the age slider went from 20 years old to a hard 50. Has anyone else seen that happen? Is Rockstar passive aggressively punishing me for not signing in?

sinburger
Sep 10, 2006

*hurk*

I got ganked by the feds doing a moonshine run and some random posse rolled in, cleared the checkpoint and revived me. So that was nice of them.

Also I'm loving tranquilizing alligators. The way they flop over when they go down is hilarious.

Looking through the naturalist book though I'm supposed to get data on snakes and some other small creatures, but the .22 tranq bullets will kill them won't they? Is there a different method for collecting data on those animals?

sinburger
Sep 10, 2006

*hurk*

Tragedienne posted:

The .22 Sedative rounds will not kill snakes. For small animals like squirrels, chipmunks, frogs, birds, etc, you should use your binoculars and press the button that reads Study or Info.

The .22 Sedative rounds will also kill: Horses, dogs, and cats.

Awesome. I didn't realize the "Info" button would work for that, I figured there was something I was missing otherwise there'd be a more context specific prompt.

I've killed many squirrels accidentally with the .22 sedative rounds, so figured that one out eventually.

sinburger
Sep 10, 2006

*hurk*

Freudian slippers posted:

Pretty sure it does only say "bear", but apparently they mean grizzly.

I mean, who really cares about black bears anyway? Glorified trash pandas is all they are.

sinburger
Sep 10, 2006

*hurk*

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I loving wish. I've changed my characters appearance like 5 times. They simply look different in game than they do in the creator. That and my character is constantly underweight and looks like a meth addict. Its been a while but I know that many of my sliders were on the minimums just so I wouldn't have these massive Mandibles of Justice (playing as a female character).

There's a bug that changes your characters age to 35 (a rough 35 at that) regardless of what you set the age at. I contacted support about it but all they did was tell me they are working on a fix.

sinburger
Sep 10, 2006

*hurk*

Yea, this patch is crazy. I managed to break out a couple dailies, but then it started crashing every 0.5-2 minutes on me.

sinburger
Sep 10, 2006

*hurk*

Dick Trauma posted:

Saw there was a daily to get trader supplies with at least 5 minutes left on the timer. Start the mission but he wants me to rob a store or something. Not interested. Reload the camp and get a mission to rescue a broken down trader wagon. The wagon is very far away, and about five minutes into my high speed ride I get an alert that thieves have stolen the supplies and I've failed. Awesome.

Reload the camp and get a mission to hunt a white tail deer for a trader. First I accidentally shoot and haul a pronghorn deer. Whoops. Abandon that carcass and go looking for white tail. I find one, kill it and start riding back to the trader. I begin getting messages to "get back on the horse" and hunt a whitetail deer. Get back to the trader and there's no dropzone. Drop it anyway. No good. Abandon the carcass and go looking for another whitetail. Repeated alerts to "get back on the horse."

Quit.

Over the last week Bootlegger and Supply missions have been the bane of my dailies. I'll complete them, get the mission complete messages, but they won't track as a completed daily goal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sinburger
Sep 10, 2006

*hurk*

GrumpyGoesWest posted:

Cheat at poker.

Wait. What? You can try and cheat?!