Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Game preloaded, releases at 1pm here, and after work my wife is out until late

The only thing that makes me sad is that having been released for a while, it might be well polished. Oh well here's hoping for some PC-exclusive glitches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Zigmidge posted:

This must be your first Rockstar game. The only polish they have are named candy and holly and they're paid for by the money we gave to the benzies.

I played lemmings and gta 1 from when they were DMA design actually, all through gta 5 and that's exactly why I do expect jank and would be disappointed if everything ran smoothly

Haven't been keeping up with modern consoles though so I am going in fresh hopefully the story lives up to the hype.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Zigmidge posted:

poo poo I forgot they made lemmings

dma/rockstar has been in my life even longer than I realized

They ruined many a child's life

Just as I wish to do with my lasso, stealing their young mothers as a good criminal must

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

Nvidia dropped a RDR2 optimized driver today. I'd imagine it's probably worth it to install.

drat you Nvidia, I had everything ready for gaming after work, now I have to go home during lunchbreak to install this new driver

Nvidia recommends a 2070S for 1440p@60+FPS high settings (and a 2080Ti for 4K medium-high, lol), I know that nobody can know but humor me with your best guesses: would I be able to max it out with my EVGA 1080 FTW which should be slightly worse than a 2070S but not by much, I think? I'm not super insistent on maxing every single slider but if I can, I'm going for the highest possible preset and maybe toning down a couple high-cost settings like clouds or shadows

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

I am pretty happy that I came home during lunch break for the Nvidia driver, because decrypting is taking a loooong time. If I left it for after work I'd be cursing at the screen for 30-60 minutes or so, I guess, since it took 10 minutes just to decrypt 20GB out of 109GB

I got the special edition + free LA Noire directly from Rockstar, as it was the same price everywhere else (maybe I could have saved 5€? LA Noire alone is worth much more than that to me), but didn't spring for the extra 15€ for the Ultimate edition, I hope I won't miss the multiplayer perks and freebies too much (I'm focusing on singleplayer anyway, plan on messing around online a bit but not make it my main focus at least for now)

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

Welp can’t even get to the main menu, game just crashes to desktop after 5 seconds every time...

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

HORMELCHILI posted:

The amount of tunable settings and how smooth this is running out of the gate is unprecedented for rockstar pc releases

Except for those of us who get the launcher bug

Bravo, Rockstar, you did not let me down. I wanted bugs, and bugs I got

TorakFade fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Nov 5, 2019

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

drivers updated, BIOS updated, windows updated to 1903, antivirus disabled, everything. It's early morning now and I just tried again, got a launcher update, but still nothing : "Rockstar launcher exited unexpectedly" (and of course if I try to run it from the RDR2 shortcut or even the .exe file, it tells me to "please start from the launcher". I am willing to bet a small amount that this has to do with anti-piracy/authentication stuff, it does not make sense that a game that's been out for 1 year has this kind of huge problems for a PC release now)

I did not mind too much not being able to play yesterday evening, but if they don't sort it out by this evening when I finish work I'm going to be pretty pissed off, no lie

TorakFade fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Nov 6, 2019

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

OK what the hell

as a last resort attempt, I thought I'd DOWNGRADE my bios, as some people reported it working this way

and it does

actually no, it gives a new and more exciting error message, but at least the launcher doesn't crash anymore

MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
Ryzen 2600X
16 GB Ram
EVGA 1080 FTW

I had the "new" bios which has no graphics (because they couldn't fit it togheter with new 3XXX CPU support), I went back to an old version - 7B85v16 - and now the game just tells me that it doesn't have permission to access some folder, and I think I can solve that relatively easily

so it appears, at least from users with AMD cpus and mobos, that bios really is the culprit - you must either get an old (pre-1.0.0.3 AGESA) or new (1.0.0.4 AGESA) version, and 1.0.0.4 it's not even available for all mobos, that's why I had to go the downgrade route

first time I have a bios update be actually important for running stuff... it's weird

Edit: permission thing solved by running the launcher as administrator, how in the hell did they manage to gently caress up THIS hard? well now I can get in game, but I have to go to work like, right now will be playing (I hope) this evening...

TorakFade fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Nov 6, 2019

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Ham posted:

Interesting, I have the B450 Tomahawk so I would have to go the same route as you, but honestly I will just wait. Not gonna downgrade my BIOS to fix their poo poo.

Yeah it makes no sense at all, but unfortunately I do want to play this pretty badly and since I don't have a 3XXX CPU I don't mind going back to the old bios; things always worked smoothly for me with this hardware anyway, I kept it updated more out of habit than anything else.

But to gently caress up a launch SO MUCH that apparently random things fix it (for someone it's disabling AV software, for some upgrading BIOS, or downgrading BIOS, or giving launcher / game administrator privileges, or spinning three times while praying to the Elder Gods ...) is pretty bad for a company the size of Rockstar

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Once I got past the launcher issue, game worked wonderfully. It's not a light game though, my 2600X + 1080 barely give me more than 35-40 FPS for 1440p, everything on high (but I'm still bumbling around in the middle of the longest snowstorm ever, so I guess it might get better once I'm out of this hellhole)

I can't wait for a tweaking guide, the amount of possible settings is staggering and I'd love to know which ones are more or less important to getting a good framerate without sacrificing too much bling. Though I have to say that minimum FPS seem quite high and stable, I never went under 28 FPS at worst, and frametimes seem to be decent too so it still looks pretty fluid at all times! I don't really miss hitting 60hz in these conditions

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

pootiebigwang posted:

Heads up to all the zen 2 AMD users. Msi just pushed out a beta bios update for their mobos. Just updated my tomahawk b450 and the game finally runs.

And they say "MSI does not recommend updating BIOS unless necessary"

I'm keeping my downgraded bios, actually, for now. Until they push out a non-beta one, I'd rather have an old but 100% working bios rather than a new one that might not work or gently caress my PC up

(if anyone tries the beta bios and finds it a Very Good Thing, let us know though )

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

pootiebigwang posted:

Played for a few hours with no hitches. AMD 3600 + GTX 1080 + 16GB ram and getting 60 fps at 1080p on mostly high settings. Nothing to indicate that the bios update is unsafe so far.

Thanks for the heads up. Guess I might try it later, worst case scenario I just revert to the old BIOS, my mobo has direct flash through USB and a dedicated button so I literally can't brick it (I hope)

Hopefully between that and the latest patch I can get a few extra FPS, 40FPS@ 1440p high isn't that bad and is very playable but I'd love to have a little more without having to reduce quality

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Uh ok I just "wasted" all my money, not realizing that if the camp doesn't have enough money for an upgrade and you click it you will pay the remaining amount out of your own pocket.

Oh well I wanted the ability to fast travel anyway, but now I have just 15$ left and uh, I don't feel so great about it. What's the best way to quickly make a few bucks?

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

webmeister posted:

If you’ve unlocked the Fence, there’s a really easy way to make $500.

From your camp in Horseshoe Overlook, go to the burned out village just to the west near the river. Inside the sheriff’s building, there’s a lockbox with a gold bar worth $500 when you sell it to the fence. (not a plot spoiler)

Not yet, but thanks. Good to know and this is the kind of spoiler I really don't mind

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Sleekly posted:

anyone else find naming their horses after a snack works well?
Biscuit, Custard and Strawberry got me thru SP.
Online Beans is doing some heavy lifting. Franks has more stamina but spooks if someone drops their hat.

My tastes in food are simple lol

My horse is called a local slang name for peanuts (bagigi) because it's funny and makes me laugh everytime. So I guess yeah?

Other horses I haven't bothered naming yet, I'm still in the very early game. I kind of want to go after that white Arabian though ... what could be a good snack name for that horse?

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

So, the fact that my system runs the game at about 40-45 FPS is actually a blessing in disguise, so I don't literally starve despite wolfing down several steaks in a row.

(but the game is absolutely wonderful, I'm having a ton of fun, about 15 hours in and I'm still not even close to finishing Chapter 2 )

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Gah, cougars. How do you beat cougars? Unless I spot them from a distance (terribly rare) they just charge me and I only realize when my horse is already panicking and throws me down to be eaten

Unless I can pop Dead Eye right when they start charging, I have zero chance to shoot them before they're on my back, snapping my neck

gently caress cougars, I'd rather wrestle a bear

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Sleekly posted:

Always be packing a shotgun

If only the game remembered my weapons choice instead of having to reselect what weapons I want to use every damned single time I get off my horse, I am sure life would be way easier

I would never get off the horse if the game let me, BTW, but sometimes you have no choice

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Guys, before I throw a hissy fit, where are all the badgers? I need a perfect one for my satchel collection, I've been looking for badgers for 2 whole ingame days, roaming from Valentine to Rhodes (looked in the Heartlands, all along the river north of Valentine, and all the land from the stables way north of Rhodes to south of the Braithwaite mansion) and saw exactly 0 badgers. Rabbits, deer, snakes, skunks, squirrels, wolves, coyotes, horses, muskrats, turkeys, you name it... I've seen many, many of them, but not one single badger.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Restrained Crown Posse posted:

My personal nightmare badger hunt came to an end after 4 in-game nights in the heartland. I think they're nocturnal so make sure you're hunting at night. Also feel free to charge about on horseback looking for their tracks, seemed a lot easier to find tracks that way.

Fishstick posted:

Middle of the Heartlands in the general area around the oil derrick often has them, most frequently at night.

That might be it, I've been hunting during the day because I thought I'd be able to see them better, but with eagle eye and tracks it's probably unnecessary. Thanks, I'll try hunting the little bastards at night!

And yeah, I just checked wikipedia and badgers are indeed nocturnal. Had no idea. The more you know!

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

I hate how the game gives you instruction to loot everything and everyone during the "tutorial", but then after every mission your gang whines about getting away ASAP and keep pressuring you to leave the place

no guys, I don't care, we killed a couple dozens of people and I have to steal the valuables off their cold, dead corpses - and if the cops arrive we'll kill them and loot them too.

I haven't had random people come and try to loot my kills yet, but yea I guess that would infuriate me too

E: at what point in the story will I have unlocked everything? (activities, weapons, mechanics, etc..) I'm getting started with Chapter 3 right now, only did the first 3-4 missions, and I definitely hated that I could not fish before one of the last chapter 2 missions. I also hate going shopping and seeing all those padlocked weapons; damnit, I've been saving money, let me buy that Carcano rifle you bastards

TorakFade fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Nov 21, 2019

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Deakul posted:

I actually just did the mission in chapter 2 where you follow Kiernan to the O'Driscoll's camp and get introduced to stealth gameplay and shortly after the massacre while I was lazily looting corpses, I was alerted that the friggin law was on the way... naturally I skedaddled cause I would've been in biiiig trouble.

This makes me nervous about sticking around after future missions and whatnot to loot the battlefield, was this scripted to happen or can this actually happen with any sort of frequency?

I honestly have no idea. It seems in some missions, despite your buddies telling you to hurry up and acting all scared, nothing will happen and you can gleefully loot the dozens of corpses, taking half an ingame day, and no one will show up

in others, after about 2 minutes from the final cutscene/mission end, the law will start investigating

I *think* it has to do with who you're killing: if they're a gang of hidden outlaws where no one would logically know where they even were, nothing will happen, while if you're killing "honest" citizens in their not-secret ranch with dynamite, stands to reason that someone would hear and send lawmen to investigate... but again, that's just my feeling, I have no source on this

Deketh posted:

Quick question about stirrups: when I go to the stables, there's a list of new stirrups I can buy but none of them show any stat increases. Aren't they meant to effect horsey stats?

They are, and they do, just you won't see the effects while buying them (for no discernible reason). You will see the effects when you equip them, it's either 0/+1/+2 to stamina and acceleration, and up to -50% stamina core drain. Obviously the more expensive ones are better, here's a link to a wiki page with details so you don't have to buy them ingame to see the effects and waste your money.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Doc M posted:

I did look for them at night and it didn't help at all

According to the wiki, there's a spot near Rhodes that is a particularly good place to hunt badgers, so I guess I'll head there.

I spent 5 ingame nights looking for a 3 star badger. I found mine roaming around the Oil Derrick in the Heartlands, you'll surely find one or even two each night, it's just a matter of walking around all night until you find a 3-star one, if you only find 1-star or 2-star ones camp, sleep until evening, repeat.

It will come eventually, but honestly I'd rather flick a cougar's balls than do it again

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

SplitSoul posted:

I just got the one Collector level 20 Criollo that doesn't resemble rotting bologna and am very satisfied with my purchase. I was eyeing the black Arabian, but on top of being ridiculously expensive it will apparently buck you if it spots an ant.

On a related note (but for singleplayer), what's a good "hunting" horse that won't get nervous at the slightest provocation?

I have the white Arabian and it's just awesome for getting places quick, but when hunting predators it can become a liability, I've been thrown off a lot of times

Guessing a war one, like the one you get from the Special Edition? But that is clunky and super slow...

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

I've been trying to play with K+M but it's painfully clear the game was made with controllers in mind. Maybe aiming and shooting is better (if you're used to playing FPS games, which I am not so I prefer controller autoaim), but everything else is so much better with a controller.

Silly question: I launched RDO a few days ago while half-drunk just to try it out, I didn't realize it had missions and cutscenes and stuff so I just quit right then because if I had to see cutscenes and do missions I'd rather keep playing story mode at that time; will I be stuck forever with the ugly character I made, or can I change his facial features and whatnot?

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Capn Beeb posted:

You can change how your character looks via the online menu, press left on the d-pad and go to online options, bottom option. I think the first time is free.

Fishstick posted:

You can "change appearance" from the player menu in online, first time is free, next times are $400 a pop.

thanks pardners. Will make sure to change myself so I don't look too much like a meth addict

now, have some pretties (not as much as they could be, sorry, I suck at photography)

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Sipher posted:

After obsessively looting everything I can find and hitting a couple gold bars from a treasure map, I'm at nearly $4k right at the start of chapter 4 in story mode. About to drop a thousand bucks on a horse but other than that are there any other major money sinks at this point? I have most guns it seems and they're only a few hundo. I just keep stocked up on expensive bullets.

I didn't even loot everything or go out of my way to make money, and about halfway through Chapter 4 I have 3300$ and nothing to spend them on (unless I go for a fancy horse but eeeh, not sure it's worth it, already got the White Arabian and there's nothing strictly "better" available at the moment), I'm already fully stocked on every type of ammo and consumable, bought all recipes from the fence, fully upgraded camp and gave 500$ to camp funds to replenish supplies, bought more clothes than I'll ever use and so on

I literally don't know what to do with this huge amount of money, and Arthur keeps acting like he's totally destitute and can't even afford a 1$ glass of whisky in St Denis or complains about how 20$ is a whole lot of money. I mean I get that it's supposed to be like that for ~story reasons~, but with the amount of detail gone into the game, they could've made a check like "IF money_on_hand > 1000$ THEN use rich_guy_dialogue where appropriate"

TorakFade fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Nov 29, 2019

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

CascadeBeta posted:

I'm sure this has been asked a million times before but I didn't see it mentioned recently. I just started chapter 4 and wanted to know if there was any side content that was permanently missable, just so I can drill that out before I go any further.

I know, Reddit, but this is what I'm going by: https://www.reddit.com/r/reddeadred...uding_missable/

TL;DR there is some missable content, but it's nothing of real consequence: 1 stranger mission, 1 Mary mission, and some camp side activities. Also it will start being pretty clear when you're about to finish Chapter 4 (I'm not there yet and I've been wondering "is this the last mission" for 2 missions now), so you'll have a fair bit of time to complete whatever you have left if you wish.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

deadseedinside posted:

it's not an unreasonable request....

Oh yes I want to ride a penny farthing in the middle of St. Denis, please make it happen

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Dongattack posted:

I just got a letter to come see the mayor in Saint Denis in chapter 4, but there is no map marker and i can't remember where his house is or what it looked like since it was pitch black night when i went there and we just kinda warped inside. Is this like a "this happens later" thing or am i supposed to do something now?

You have to go there now (or at least before chapter's ending) during the night, unless I'm sorely mistaken it's this house

(not even sure if it should be spoilered, it's just the map with a building circled but let's play it safe in case someone is deeply offended by knowing where the mayor lives before meeting him)

Also, I'm just about halfway through chapter 6 and it's so depressing. There's plenty more honor choices during this chapter, I guess to "sort yourself out" if you need to before the game ends, it really drives home some points though. Best story in any game I played by far, until now.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

I started online and whoa, I am poor. And everything costs way more, can't even afford a bolt action rifle so getting perfect carcasses to sell ain't easy... What's the quickest way to earn around 100$? I need to get varmint rifle and a normal rifle for hunting deer and boar asap!

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Seriously, is it normal that every time I log in, my camp has been packed up and I have to pay 2$ to set it up again? It's really annoying, especially with how frequently the game crashes... (I was just finishing a mission now, had captured an outlaw, and the game crashed )

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

OK sorry for my newbie-ishness, I finally managed to put aside some money in RDO, I've got about 500$, a bolt rifle and my original Palomino horse, carbine repeater and cattleman revolver.

Seen as everything is very expensive, and most things are rank-gated (I'm rank 13 right now) what's the best order in which to spend your hard earned cash? New horse? Saddle+stirrups that will follow to the next horse once you can actually buy a good one instead of the basic lovely ones? Abilities? More weapons? Clothes? II've been roaming the map far and wide and half the time it's snowing so I'm always cold and gobbling up food to counteract the extra health core drain, since any warm coat I could find was like more than 100$ and/or level gated

E: btw I really LOVE how they made most story missions 2-4 players, and I'm now trying to start a mission for the 4th time because there's just no one online or something, since it can't matchmake me with anyone. I could easily solo those missions, but noooo, you have to "BE ENGAGED AND PARTICIPATE"

how about you fix your goddamned game before asking me to wait for other players in order to play it, Rockstar?

TorakFade fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Jan 2, 2020

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

PaybackJack posted:

Season 2 pass is a really good buy because there's dozens of discount tickets that you'll get from it, not to mention you'll eventually get your gold back. 30% off stables, horses, clothing items, select guns, etc. The first gun I picked up was the rare shotgun with a discount ticket because it's strong and not level locked. I also recommend either the Navy, or the Lemat {my favorite}, as both those are not level locked pistols.

The Collector Role is by far the easiest way to make money as all you need to do is wander around and pick stuff up. Full sets of things sell from $180 to $380 and it refreshes each day. It's also kind of boring just wandering around but I dig just roaming around the map and when you stop to hunt along the way it reduces the monotony.

There's a guide/reddit post you can find that I'm too lazy to google now that will tell you the minimum clothing you need to be 'warm', it's not super expensive though, not rank locked outside a single piece. I wouldn't worry about it too much since the snow won't be around for much longer apparently, but if you're really having trouble then try to stay around areas where you know where the fires are and move between them.

I was worried about buying an Arabian because I thought Online mode might permakill your horse but there's nothing like that, and I used it for a long time. It's skittish but if you're quick on the draw against wolves you should be able to handle a pack in the wild without getting bucked off.

Ability card wise, you can get free ones but I don't know that I'd call them necessary although I use passive ones for +damage via stamina, +damage on horseback, dead eye regeneration and Paint it Black for deadeye marking. I don't hardly ever use Deadeye so I'm bad there, the passive ones are really nice for being able to one shot stuff with the sniper rifle or close range with a shotgun.

Thanks! I don't have enough gold to get the outlaw pass right now, and honestly I don't want to spend more real-life money right now on this game I had a bunch of gold from preordering, but I already used some of it to unlock the Trader and Collector roles I have like 30 gold now, hopefully I can get the extra 10 in a relatively short time, otherwise it won't be worth it to get the outlaw pass if it takes me a month just getting the gold to unlock it... we'll see

I had a nice little moment earlier when I was just roaming around, seen a red dot on my map and noticed there was a player nearby, red dot turned out to be a cougar homing in on the guy I'm not sure if he was hunting it or getting hunted by it, but just to be safe I pulled out my repeater and shot the cougar in the noggin for an instakill, then waved to the guy who nodded back to me and we went our separate ways. I like to think I saved his life rather than messing up his hunting trip

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Got rank 5 trader with the medium wagon money should stop being a problem since I'm a compulsive hunter apparently. Big Valley is lovely for hunting, especially the camp on the little river up north in front of hunting dog ranch; plenty of elk and pronghorns around, I have even seen a moose going north. All local trade routes seem to be short from there, too! I really wish we could choose the exact camping spot when paying to set it up and for Cripps to stop packing up

Also 39.93 gold, tomorrow I am getting the outlaw pass

Bought myself the cheap red Arabian and new stirrups, that should do me nicely until I can afford the big horsies. Haven't had this much fun in a multiplayer game in a long while, it's super chill out and I only got one cheater in 3 days (teleported a bunch of players in the same spot and blew us up with dynamite)

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Currently running bolt action (and it's my quick select gun, always be ready to kill a deer/wolf/cougar) and Lancaster, and the default pistol because I forget it's even there. I'm thinking of packing a shotgun instead of the Lancaster though, if someone gets too close the repeater is too slow

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

I'm getting some gold back from ranking up in the Outlaw Pass, I think I'm at 20 or 25 now so I've been thinking to open up a new role; I have only bounty hunter and moonshiner left to unlock, first one because I always found bounty hunting pretty boring, second one because it's super expensive at 25 gold bars and seems to just be a more difficult "trader" job for the same economic rewards?

can anyone give me a quick rundown of these two roles and if it's worth spending gold bars on unlocking them?

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Orv posted:

Moonshiner is essentially a more involved trader, yes. It comes with some new mission types which are fun enough but nothing world shattering.

Bounty hunter is two things. Legendary bounties, which are instanced missions where you have various involved elements but the end result is always capturing and returning someone(s) to jail. Some of them are pretty fun, some of them are pretty dumb. Then you have regular bounties which are the same thing just out in the world with less involved scenarios. Bounty hunting is mostly good, in my experince, for "I wanna shoot a buncha dudes right now" because about 75% of the missions involve that. It can also be insanely annoying to deal with between Rockstar game design and Rockstar bugs.

SplitSoul posted:

On the other hand, there's a bug with moonshine that straight up steals your product and the $60 spent on mash.

Ouch. OK I guess I can wait for the coming patches then, unless the role perks are something that I'd want right now but I kinda doubt it. I'm going to be able to eventually afford both anyways, if I finish up the Outlaw Pass at least. Some things from the Bounty Hunter unlocks meanwhile sound pretty good, like running/galloping in eagle eye or ducking on your horse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Sleekly posted:

yeah bounty hunting is the only one you can count on sadly.
i just found it dull on its own.

if you're collecting you wont really notice the loss from the shine issue so its kinda the not worst option

e: even with BH you can get the awesome disconnect issue at ANY time so yeah

Oh well it's not like collector is super fun, just walking around and finding stuff. I wouldn't do that 3 hours in a row every day, but it's fine to do as a break from other stuff - right now my loop is "go hunting, resupply, trade, start again" and every couple hours of doing that I get bored and go collect some stuff (or will go hunting a bounty when I unlock that).

What I'd love is more story missions or more missions in general, the "stranger" ones are cute but get pretty repetitive and they generally pay a pittance.

Cage posted:

Moonshining killed a lot of interest for me with all the bugs/lost mash/loading screen/whatever. I should've went outlaw pass.

Definitely. The pass seems to be "nothing special" at first sight because it's just (plenty of) in-game discounts, cosmetics, free services and provisions; but between vouchers and free stuff it potentially saves you a LOT of cash and time and that's pretty nice with all the role upgrades and tools being super expensive - 650€ for a stew pot, drat - since I do eventually want the weapon locker, large wagon, hunting wagon, a dog, a metal detector and so on it's very good for me since that'll set me back at least 2500-3000$ so any amount saved is a real boon, also you get all your gold back eventually and it's not that hard to grind through the ranks (I'm level 50 without even trying, in like 4-5 days of playing "seriously")

By the way, besides looks, is there a point in upgrading your tent? I mean the "core recharge" is borderline useless since I have more provisions than I'll ever be able to use, and since you can't even sleep at camp, I don't really see the point, not even from a roleplaying point of view

Oh and one last thing, is it WAD that I'm underweight all the time? I've started wolfing down several bowls of stew every time I'm at camp, and I munched through my entire stack of plain cooked meats just to try and get back to normal, but I'm still underweight and can't seem to even move one step towards "normal". Had the same problem in singleplayer too...