Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chello De Don
Nov 12, 2006

and now i do

Pigbottom posted:

what's better to make money from hunting. donating to the trader dude or just selling to the butcher?

I think since the trader job is tied to that guy now it makes sense that it would be more profitable long term through him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chello De Don
Nov 12, 2006

and now i do

Mandrel posted:

seems like butcher is probably more profitable short term but better to do the trader stuff to level it up because it’s way more profitable long term with the large wagon. apparently the biggest goods wagon you can make like $645 per delivery

boy and here i am, like a loving chump, doing flower collecting

Chello De Don
Nov 12, 2006

and now i do

Comfortador posted:

So can someone give me a brief tutorial on being a good/efficient trader? Does the whole animal (unskinned) work better than just the skins? I know higher quality yields a better turn in, but this meter fills up so drat slow it seems like I'm doing something wrong.

from what i gather:

whole animals work better. bucks work best. don't bother skinning anything unless you specifically need the skin for something (or it's an animal that you cannot pick up yourself, e.g. ox)

Chello De Don
Nov 12, 2006

and now i do
i swear sometimes it feels like the game knows when i'm trying to hunt for something, because it will never show up. but the second i start a bounty mission there's like 30 loving deer just bouncing around!

Chello De Don
Nov 12, 2006

and now i do
I'm getting the camp glitch in online, which means i can't set up camp, which means i can't do any trader-related stuff. So that's been really dope. I thought i had a workaround by taking a bounty mission, then setting up a camp while i'm in a private lobby, but the camp will literally disappear after about fifteen minutes

Chello De Don
Nov 12, 2006

and now i do
with the current camp pitching bugs and the lack of animal population spawning when on a crowded server, the Trader role is essentially unavailable
:shrug:

Chello De Don
Nov 12, 2006

and now i do
The bolt action is pretty good because it's a nice balance of accuracy and power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chello De Don
Nov 12, 2006

and now i do

Evil Badman posted:

Legendary Bounty is running around in the swamp with some hallucinogenics. Bring an alligator murdering gun.

this will be a very NO-ARABIAN-HORSES-ALLOWED bounty