Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Just got the game 2 days ago. Tried to rob a train last night but left my horse way back away from me. Got swarmed by cops and now I owe $205 in the heartland area.

Some dude I ran into on the road got bit by a snake and I sucked the poison out. This morning he was in Valentine and let me get anything I wanted from the gun store.

10/10, game is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Walrus Pete posted:

I've had three of those snakebitten dude encounters - the first one let me get something for free at the Valentine gunsmith, so I got a pricey rifle. The other guy was at the general store in Rhodes, I think, and I bought a very expensive outfit that I never wear. Moral of the story is, don't give Arthur Morgan an inch.

Oh, and the third encounter was the first guy again - Arthur was not happy to have to save his dumb rear end a second time :haw:

Yeah, I got the Springfield (since it was one of the only guns unlocked for me at the moment). Helps though since I was saving up to get a bolt action.

I also ran into a problem with one of the quest chains - the one where you need to go find the old gunslingers for Calloway. I finished finding the first four and went back to Valentine, but Calloway isn't in the bar and the bartender isn't triggering the next stage. Any suggestions?

UnknownMercenary posted:

How do you only have a $205 bounty from robbing a train? Mine jumps to the max of $500 each time I do it. I guess you don't kill any of the lawmen that come after you?

I killed a poo poo ton of them. I killed a bunch of the guards on the train, then got into a running gunfight with lawmen and killed several.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Went to the saloon in Valentine to get a haircut at night. Some old drunk was there wearing a fur coat and a raccoon hat loudly talking poo poo to everyone in the bar. Got a haircut and a shave, then went to get a shot of whiskey. Old man comes over to me and we get into a fistfight. Took me a while but I finally laid him out.

I am now the proud owner of one incredible raccoon hat.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I just did the mission where you rescue Tilly from Foreman in Chapter 4.

I really love this game but sometimes the controls are potatoes. I kicked in the door with my shotgun equipped, went to aim at the enemy twice and it kept trying to initiate a conversation with Tilly. Dude shot me in the face and I had to retry from the checkpoint.

Dumb.

Still a great game.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
When does the professor electrocute the poor guy you grabbed for him? I turned him in and followed him to the gallows, but then he just stood in the courtyard and didn't move.

Zaa Boogie posted:

Got the stranger mission with the former slave catcher. The ending cutscene to it and then the positive honor ding for tossing a flame bottle at him while I was smoothly walking away was more positive message than a lot of Far Cry 5's waffling nature. :v:

I shot him in his big dumb head and then tossed his body onto the campfire. I did the same thing to the ex-cavalry dude that was camped out on a hill. He's roaring drunk and if you give him some booze he'll tell a story about how he killed native women and children. Ended up just picking him up after he passed out drunk and dropping him into the fire.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
People are really brave in this game. I tried robbing the gunsmith in Saint Denis with a double barreled shotgun pointed right at his face. He still pulled a gun on me and I had to shoot him.

Is your intimidation linked with your honor level or something?

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Ainsley McTree posted:

Yeah I can’t tell. I tried going on a spree of robbing folks on the road, and I feel like at first they gave up the goods pretty easily, but as time went on, more of them kept drawing on me, which made me more of a murderer than I wanted to be.

Eventually I just started lassoing people off their horses and dragging them off the road to loot them

I do the same thing. It's my favorite thing to do in this game. Especially if someone talks poo poo to me while on the road. I'll circle back, lasso them then drag them off into the woods.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm playing through the story now, and I'm on chapter 6. I know that Arthur dies and you play John in Epilogue 1 and 2. My question is - if I want to do the hunting and fishing, then just generally explore the map, can I do all that in Epilogue 1 as John? Or should I do everything now before I finish Chapter 6?

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Man, I can't get over how much I love this game. This morning I was riding up in the North East part of the map near the reservation. They did such a beautiful job with the environment. While looking to the right over my horse I ran off the trail on accident and into the woods. Tried to veer away from a tree but ran full speed into one.

This game is great.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Babe Magnet posted:

I killed a mountain lion that was chasing some dudes down and then they ran off and reported me for disturbing the peace. In the middle of the mountains.

You're killing the vibe, man.

The same thing happened to me last night actually, twice. God drat cougars coming out of nowhere and pulling me off my horse.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Welp, I beat Chapter 6 this morning. I got the ending where I just crawl off and watch the sunset after Micah and Dutch leave me after helping John escape. Is this the good ending?

I find it kinda funny that you even have the choice to go after the money at the end since Arthur spends most of Chapter 6 trying to convince Abigail and John to leave. Arthur knows he's dying, the hell is he gonna do with the money anyway?

Arthur was a great character. I really enjoyed playing him and seeing his arc. I mostly played him as a good guy and someone that was resigned to his fate at the end of the his story.
Looking forward to the next part!

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

UnknownMercenary posted:

Oh man the RDR1 music that kicks in when on the first mission you get to use guns as John this loving game :allears:

This is one of the moments in the game where I felt like a complete badass outlaw. I didn't know it was from that! Good stuff.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Anyone playing on PS4? I'm just starting out for the online side and looking for a posse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Hugh Malone posted:

send me a friend request, malakai713

I'm not playing currently, but can put you on a psn message thread with some goons that are

just sent. thanks!