Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Welp I was all fired up for fallout 76 but I think I'll be spending this fall playing RDR2 instead, this game looks amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
hell yeah brother

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Press square to show affection

My God you have done it again Rockstar

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Qubee posted:

is it worth buying a PS4 just so I can play this on release? really don't want to wait for a PC release cause I have no idea how soon (probably not soon) it will get released.

and if I do buy a PS4, which one do I even get? there's so many variations of PS4 that just confuses me.

Get a regular PS4 or slim with 1 TB drive. The good news is there are a lot of really great exclusive PS4 games.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I hope the games continue going backwards until it becomes about pirates

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Release the game roclstar :mad:

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I liked Michael and Franklin best

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Characters don't have to be likeable to be good or compelling characters, that's something every other medium achieves. Michael was my favorite and I liked the kids for being representative of layers of hollowness, kids who have everything and every opportunity but take the easiest shittiest route, in the process doing damage to themselves and their own growth. It's Michaels flaw as well, he's a man of meticulous shortcuts who loves nothing and no one but lies to himself that he's good and true. Trevor is a piece of poo poo but he has no delusion about it, Franklin is the only one among them with any chance of ever appreciating what he has gained as well as what it might have cost him. I dunno I thought they were all pretty great characters :anime:

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
A Max Payne prequel set in high school. Combine the ideas

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Houser clarified he meant himself and two other employees working 100 hour weeks

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
That doesn't really sound like a rockstar move TBH, they're pretty up front about their game mechanics and who you'll be playing. Their stories aren't really about big twists either, they're character studies set up in somewhat simple frameworks.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

drunkill posted:

Starting to get excited for this now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcMMKB217qo

Also, pet all the dogs so they don't bark at you when you sneak into someones farm later on.

The minimap also tells you where you left your hat if you've taken someones or if yours has fallen off. :tipshat:

10 studios have been involved apparently.

From this description RDR2 is earning that RPG title, goddamn

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
If you can't pointlessly jump into people to knock them off ledges cancel this game

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
If Rockstar wasn't going to heavily interconnect the stories and characters they would've just come up with a different gang. I'm looking forward to seeing the story.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
It's not like you'll miss huge story beats, you can kinda infer where the story goes from a short synopsis. But the execution and character building in RDR1 is probably the best Rockstar has ever done.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
It's kinda crazy that in 2018 a game install of 80+ gigs isn't *that* unusual

God I'm getting old

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Nolgthorn posted:

I'm curious about the wanted level. It continues saying that the player is wanted and the bounty after he has killed all witnesses.

He was already wanted and the sheriff's were investigating. He could have talked it thru with them (especially with a high reputation), instead he shot them. I think if you're already wanted, killing them is going to reset the wanted meter to 100. But I'm not sure what happens when more law enforcement shows up, maybe they reset to investigating.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
What did everyone love about Mexico? I liked the look of it for sure.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I've seen a lot of mixed opinions over the years on Mexico in RDR1 but it seems to be really popular on SA, so just curious.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
There's lizards and geckos n poo poo so probably

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Are we at the part of waiting for a game to release that we talk poo poo about the people who made it

That's how you know the game is almost out

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

sonicice posted:

Look I don't know A thing about this franchise but the hype train is building up and I want to get a newer model pro but I haven't played the first one. Is this like a GTA where the stories aren't connected or a Kingdom Hearts/MGS where you need to play the other for context and understanding?

It's a prequel so not really but it might enrich the experience to know what happened in RDR1

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I wanna see what that abandoned burned down town you find the glass eye in looks like

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Well I wish someone would leak more of it :mad:

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Mode 7 posted:

I think people lose sight of the fact that Red Dead Redemption came out eight years ago.

Far Away playing when you enter Mexico isn't really anything special these days, but eight years ago it was mind-blowing.

I think RDR was one of the most incredible games I ever played -- at the time. I haven't gone back and I'm not sure I want to, because I'm willing to bet it really, really doesn't hold up as well as it does in my mind.

I replayed it a few weeks ago and it's still really really great. Far Away is a trick that works once, but it's still a pretty good one and a unique moment. Mission variety does get repetitive, but the characters are so fun that it's not a huge deal. It plays like a third person shooter in a big map, whereas RDR2 sounds like it has a lot more stuff to do to fill out the world.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I'm a bit anxious to see just how dramatically better the pro version is, on the fence about upgrading my PS4. I'm sure it'll still look awesome on my standard PS4 but that hdr is so good in all the released media.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
The song in that snippet is so fuckin cool

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I remember reading RDR was so hobbled together it'd be impossible to do an HD version. For the same reason it never came to PC.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

TheJetCityFix posted:

Wasn’t it “remastered” in a way (enhanced) for Xbox 1 X, though?

That's an emulator that can run natively at 4k, I'm having trouble finding it because there's so much rdr2 news right now but I distinctly remember RDR1 having a lot of technical issues that made porting or remastering particularly difficult.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Day 1 patches are almost always performance related

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Pivit posted:

Can someone rate how spoilery the new leaks are? The one from yesterday wasn't bad, just Arthur killing a few lawmen. I don't mind seeing some basic gameplay but don't want to see things from the intro/tutorial missions or anything, would like to experience that the first time myself.

I should probably just go dark for the next few days but I'm kinda stupid like that.

I've watched them all so far and it's just killing dudes and seeing a bit of player choice. Definitely early in the game though.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
lol their credits work like a dm leaderboard

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Luckily I've downloaded every single one so far

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I was really surprised to see this is the second Red Dead Redemption game

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

Is it true that Donald Trump becomes president?

big if true

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Yessss! :getin: :hahayes:

Now time to meticulously place my hogtied guinea pigs in front of incoming trains etc just like the good old days.

wow spoilers

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

TheJetCityFix posted:

I seriously can’t wait for Thursday night. I told my wife I’m going to be unavailable for the weekend 😂

So if I preloaded and I'm West coast I'm getting this at 9 pm Thursday? Holy chit I told my wife Friday 😬

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
What's this deviltry we got goin on a bit a jawin about well don't get done up now pardner

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I'm never going to shower or shave, go to the bar really stinky like, needlessly argue with people and insult women who won't bang me. The ultimate sim

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

shut up blegum posted:

But what will you do in-game???

::yeshaha: