Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Are any fish, or animals, or fishing equipment gated behind plot missions besides the one that unlocks fishing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

JBP posted:

gently caress I regret plowing through the story and not having fun in chapter 2 and 3 when things were more chill and it felt right to be riding around doing stupid bullshit.

I’m in chapter 2 and I think I enjoy exploring the world, hunting, and fishing more than the plot missions.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

Joey Freshwater posted:

I give up on the Legendary Buck. At this point I've gotten all Legendary Animals and Fish except for the Buck. My game has to be bugged.

What chapter did you do the fish? I’m in 3 and the only ones I have left are in the wanted dead or alive area.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

PirateBob posted:

How come I don't get any mail in return after mailing in Legendary Fishes :( I've sent several, waited several days.

You get something after the first and tenth fish

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

PirateBob posted:

I didn't actually receive poo poo for my first fish. I went to receive the mail, but didn't get money or anything.

Weird. I think I got a regular lure for the first one

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

qbert posted:

Is there a trick to easily catching Legendary Fish? I can find them and get them on the line fine, but holy poo poo I just did one during a stranger mission that took like 10 minutes of reeling and my thumbs are dead.

I find the hardest part is using RS enough to keep them from pulling too much line out when they struggle, but not so much that the line snaps.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

I don't use RS at all when they're struggling. Just pull the opposite direction with LS until they calm down, then start reeling again.

Legendary fish will pull the line when they struggle. You can hear the reel unwinding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

Joey Freshwater posted:

Just rode up on some KKK dudes trying to hoist a giant heavy cross. Two in white lifting one in black ordering them around.

Fired my gun in the air and scared them, causing them to drop the cross killing the two lifting it.

Guy in black goes “aw why does this always happen to me” so I shot him in the face.

They drop it even if you don’t shoot a gun in the air.