Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
If you're playing a horse-n-buggy game with a controller on a PC in the year 2019 then I just don't know what to tell you even. I used my controller to drive in GTA V but there's no need for it in RDR2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

peer posted:

yeah same

Same :(

I hope they fix it and I don't have to go and buy a SSD just for this one game, because it happens every 5 minutes and it takes me out of the game. The framerate when it's not freezing stays at a pretty consistent 50-60 FPS so I assume it's just some problem with the game loading new areas.

e: Oh I have an i5, I guess that's the problem. Welp!

King Vidiot fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Nov 5, 2019

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Toaster Beef posted:

Never mind what I said earlier, this thing hitches loving terribly. Good lord.

Had me a fun time trying to hunt deer for what felt like an hour, pulling back the bow only for the game to freeze and then unfreeze as Arthur's arm was worn out. Rinse, repeat, over and over again.

Port's fine except for all the hitching (and crashing for some of you), like my framerate seems like it'd be good if they sort that one problem out.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

Patch didn't fix the i5 freezing issue.

It was like 95% better for me, until I got to Valentine and then it started doing the same old poo poo again :(

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I've found that in order to fix the i5 stuttering you need to use both BES and Process Lasso at the same time. I was able to solve both me and my friend's stuttering problem completely by doing this. It's possible that some of these steps are unnecessary, but these instructions from start to finish solved our issue. I'll try to make these instructions as simple as possible

-Start BES. Start Process Lasso. Start Red Dead.
-On BES, Click Target. Near the middle are some boxes that say Friend, Unknown, Foe. Select friend.
-Find RDR2.exe. Click Limit/Watch. Click Yes. With RDR2.exe selected, click Friend. Now go to the slidey bar beneath that and set that to 2%.

-On to Process Lasso. Locate RDR2.exe. Right click, select CPU Limiter. Fill in the following:
When CPU Usage is: 94%
For a period of (LEAVE BLANK) seconds
Reduce by this many cores: 2
For a period of 1 second
Click Add Rule.

That should do it. If anyone would like to take these steps and report back I would be very happy to hear the results. Hope this helps you guys!

I want to try this but I have no idea what BES is because I can't google it and I don't want to pour over the thread trying to find what it's an abbreviation for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Thanks, and SSB's method did work for a while until I talked to Emmet Granger and it stuttered right into a crash :(