Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Its confusing because in RDR they definitely refer to Liberty City, keeping it in the GTA universe. I get that they want to call New Orleans Saint Denis to not also have to name the river the Mississippi and maintain the fantasy geography, but the NYC mentions kinda mess all that poo poo up. Its weird and confusing.

How?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Pirate Jet posted:

I hope RDR3 is where you play as Sadie on a warpath across Texas explaining why there are no O’Driscolls anymore in RDR1.

:stare:

yes please.

Sadie owns.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Huh accidentally found the best wild horse in the game. Holy balls this thing is fast.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Love that the game gives you honor for killing Klansmen and that old slaver (slave catcher?) while he’s blubbering about “muh heritage”.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Ok I’m not the only one.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Untrustable posted:

Two things I don't like but I feel add to the authenticity of the old west experience:

- Having to put down a horse because lack of horse reviver.

- hitting a deer wrong and having to quickly end it's suffering while it writhes around on the ground making godawful noises.

The look at you as they’re dying :catstare:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

lmao of course Margaret’s second lion is an actual lion :laffo: what a great quest chain, Arthur’s VA really sold it.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

BizarroAzrael posted:

Are there any friendly campfires? Pretty sure in the original you could stop at many of them to save, now they all seem to be hostile?

Yes

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Broke: racing some fool for a pittance
Woke: stealing his horse and fencing it.

Also how do feather accessories work?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Slim Killington posted:

This exact thing happened to me not 10 minutes ago with the perfect cougar pelt I needed for the last satchel, after loving around in the woods for an hour waiting for one to show up. I'm probably not going to play the rest of the day now because I'm so loving irritated.

Cougar and Panther pelts are the only things I've save-scummed in this game.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

How much do I have to eat to maintain weight?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Found a naked man in the woods, chased him to a cave where he was holding back two wolves, he set them on me and after killing them he collapsed to the ground sobbing. Found a journal and he had ran away from home to live in the woods and had found the wolves as pups. So I murdered his pets.

Feels bad man :saddowns:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Houser talks about how they are working 100 hours a week
Immediately walks it back to say it's just a few people and it's totally optional also people get paid overtime so it's ok(unless you are a contract worker then lol)
Some employees say yea this is true we work 40-50 hours a week.
Others say no we are working under near constant crunch time conditions.
Rockstar has been notorious for doing this in the past.

Post/avatar combo.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

TheTrend posted:

https://kotaku.com/inside-rockstar-games-culture-of-crunch-1829936466

Here is the Schrier article so you can all go read it instead of posting dumb shot. Also crunch and exploitative working conditions perpetuated by zeitgeisty workaholics in game development is not new nor has it gone away and been remedied. To think, let alone post in an open forum that this is just a hauser thing is pretty loving naive.

This isn’t isolated to the video game industry either. Most consumer goods and services exploit their employees.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Grem posted:

Hey, where the gently caress do I find a badger? Found one two star one, and one three star. My loving horse ran over the three star while trying to stop, and I haven't seen one since.

I’ve had luck with them around the dry river bed SW of Emerald Ranch.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Is there a good place to sell orchids? Also, is releasing fish still the best honor bump? Mine has dropped a bit thanks to all the bandit challenges.

Yes, that pool near Rhodes is a great place to farm karma.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

I know folks love their Arabians but I gotta say this Turkoman I got is the bee’s knees.

Also dynomite arrows oh my gosh — new favorite weapon.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Fat Samurai posted:

How do I do the "shoot birds from train" challenge without getting a 100+ bounty? It seems petty vandalism is worse than murder in the west.

Freight train?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Lack of passive mode means I won't be playing this I guess. Zero desire to be "content" for some malcontent with daddy issues.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Capn Beeb posted:

One can only hope. Really don't have much interest in being ganked non stop by DeusDankVult and CuckTrigger1488.

:same:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

I love the bromance between Arthur and the wildlife photographer :3:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Legin Noslen posted:

I don't think you could, because the people you are so slyly chuckling to yourself about don't exist.

He does this in every games thread, hth

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Is there a trick to catching legendary fish? I just sit there in the spot with the special lure and nothing ever bites :effort:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Damnit Rockstar let me play as Sadie. She’s best girl.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

how long is this ranch poo poo with john? i signed up for western shenanigans not stardew valley, but a country life simulator mode would be kinda great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

RDR1 remake dlc :pray: