Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!
Playing on Xbone and I'm having this weird thing where it won't let me set a waypoint on the map (in game not in the app). I've googled it and I cant find anything about it unless I'm just missing the obvious.

Is there some setting or something I missed to turn them on or do I maybe have to clear waypoints to set a new one or something?

Edit. Never mind I got it. GPS in display settings.

Jay_Zombie fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Oct 27, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

You can pet dogs.
GOTY.

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

This is from several pages ago, but...

Romes128 posted:

I found a house with a bunch of skeletons laying in beds and a skeleton on an altar at the back of the room in like wizard clothing or some poo poo.

I should have pinned it. It was near one of the debt collection missions.

Go there at night to see some poo poo.

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

Is it just me, or does Arthur sound like a slightly more sober Rooster Cogburn?

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

DrNutt posted:

Yeah, I made him move and searched the drawer hoping I would find something that would make me feel better about it (like evidence that he's a piece of poo poo or something) but then it was a gold wedding band and it just made me feel worse.

I did the same, (but I kept the ring) but then I walked out to the barn and saddled up his Hungarian Halfbreed with a lasso around my primary pony.
Dude was on the porch yelling and shaking his fist at me as I rode off on what I assume was the only other thing in the world he cared about.
Sorry dude, pay your debts.
I treat that horse very well.

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

Babe Magnet posted:

You can just call your horse while you're on the back of another horse and it will follow you, you don't have to lasso it.

That makes more sense than trying to lead my horse across a shallow river with 700ft of lasso.

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

Communist Bear posted:

Does anyone else find that waypoints don't work for them?

I can place down markers, but I don't get any sort of yellow line or anything to tell me how to get to a location. I literally have to guess and open the map repeatedly.

I had the same problem.
You need to go into the settings, display settings I think but I might be misremembering, and all the way down near the bottom (you'll have to scroll down) there's a GPS setting that you need to turn on.
I don't know why mine was off, I don't remember turning it off, but it was off.

When you set a waypoint manually, you get a red chalk line on the map along roads, and a dash line where it's not on roads. Generally, it looks like the dash line comes first and leads you to the nearest road.
Story missions and such seem to have yellow chalk lines.

Edit: GAAAAAAAAAAAAVIN!!

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

There's at least two pig farms. One is the gunslingers pig farm, which owns.
The other is the Aberdeen pig farm, which is :stare: .

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

The fact that I cannot have identical custom pistols in symmetrical holsters on my hips annoys me to no end.

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

I am dumb.

I finally figured out that you can actually buy two of each pistol, and they are flagged with a suit (like clubs, or diamonds) when you're looking at them in the customize section of the gunsmith and can customize and assign them individually and now I have two identical customized pistols to go with my man in black attire.

I couldn't figure out why the catalog didn't have an "owned" stamp over the Cattleman when I obviously owned one already, so I said gently caress it and bought it, and the ad showed the "owned" stamp, then I went to cutomize it and noticed the suit icon next to the name.

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

I sent much more time on the RDO character generator than is valid for any beta online game, but I think mine came out pretty cool looking.
Look out you dirty sum beotches. I'm a cumin for ya!

This, but more like....

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

My RDO horse changed color like 4 times. First he was dark brown, then a while later he was black with white socks (best) then mottled brown, then back to black with white socks. I'm sure it was the same horse, because it had his name over him (Huckleberry) every time. Also my pelts Beta-Magically disappeared on me once.

I experienced zero griefing and actually only saw two other players, my posse mate, and one other player who wandered into our camp and started taking pictures (creeper). But I did start way far away from everyone else on the map it seems, so that might have something to do with it.

Online is ok so far.

Jay_Zombie fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Nov 29, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

This might sound dumb, but I hope they add more NPC to the towns online. The world seems pretty barren with the lack of regular people around just doing their thing.