Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Lurking beneath the water
The future Immortal awaits

Team Anasta
Really hanging out for another patch, BIOS update or any sort of update because my game is crashing 100% of the time within five minutes of gameplay. I have a terrible feeling that even after the patch comes out it will continue to do so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Team Anasta
Ran around camp a bit. All good. Usually CTD pretty quick. Decided to give it the ultimate test so I headed to Strawberry where it usually fucks up in seconds. Which it did. New error this time, though. 'Ran out of memory" rather than the generic gently caress you unexpectedly.

Guess I'll be waiting for the next patch :(

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Team Anasta
Anyone else noticed the menus learning your behaviour? Due to the stability issues I've been saving regularly. The game will automatically default to story>save>bottom slot when hitting escape which is what I've been using to create a rolling game save.

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Team Anasta
A new patch just downloaded for me.

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Team Anasta
I used to have a problem similar to this. I switched to Vulkan which ran like dog poo poo, got past the freezey bit and then switched back. This was a couple of updates ago, though.

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Team Anasta

Noirex posted:

No worries, I'm not that crazy. I'm only doing the Hunter ones to get the Legendary Panther pelt which is needed for my Mega Super Bag. I've been enjoying the hunting but the cougar one nearly drove me insane.
Are you talking about story mode? Because a regular panther will do for that.

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Team Anasta
New patch just downloaded for me. Last patch increased my CTD rate so here's hoping this one improves it a bit.

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Team Anasta
Game is running perfect for me with the 441.34 hotfix drivers, latest BIOS for my mobo, new AMD chipset drivers and obviously the latest patch. Hopefully it holds I've been waiting since the 5th November for this :P

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Team Anasta

Saul Kain posted:

How does the buck trinket work?
Automagically. If you see a two star animal or a two star corpse, kill or skin it and it may produce a perfect pelt.

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Team Anasta
Game is now 100% stable and running well on DX12 as of two patches ago. Was experiencing serious issues up to that point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Team Anasta

Moon Slayer posted:

Big spoilers for the last chapters, don't read if you aren't there yet.

Now that Arthur has TB, riding around exploring, collecting stuff, and massacring wildlife isn't nearly as enjoyable. Should I just power through the rest of the story until I can play as John? Do the missions with the dinosaur bones, cigarette cards, legendary fish, etc. carry through or is it just Arthur that can complete those?

I kind of wish I'd stayed in Shady Belle longer.

Some specific endgame details I wish I had known - > Before you make ths switch to John, buy all the outfits and other non-consumables you can. You lose all of Arthur's money but gain a shitload with John in the epilogue.