Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I saw some guy post an idea about Legendary Hunts in the same vein as the Legendary Bounties. Seeing as how I've really really enjoyed the Legendary Bounties I'd like to see more of stuff like that.

I did however feel really bad about taking in Wolf Man :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

TorakFade posted:

:tipshat: thanks pardners. Will make sure to change myself so I don't look too much like a meth addict

I too had to change my face several times to avoid looking like a meth addict. In the end I had to put my chin and jaw on the smallest possible settings.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

pmchem posted:

How do you dive and shoot (or dive/roll between shots) with mouse+keyboard?

Rightclick (aiming a weapon, specifically) + Space + Direction of Dive. I always forget this exists.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Taintrunner posted:

Got my Red Dead Online character started and cashed in the free stuff. What should I be spending my gold bars on? I have like 37 left.

Getting all 3 roles.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Like GTA5, the singleplayer world is just more robust and detailed in general. You can't rob stores or trains in online. The way you interact with the law in Online is kind of dumb, bounties that you accrue are basically pointless. One thing I really enjoyed about singleplayer is the ability to just walk around and say poo poo to people and see how they react, which is totally absent from multiplayer. There's a general absence of music while freeroaming. Overall there's just a lot more going on.

Think of online is like, a content expansion to singleplayer. You can't really think of them as the same game.

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Nov 30, 2019

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

pmchem posted:

What's the cheapest way to refill your dead eye ring (not core) in RDR Online? It seems like my dead eye is perpetually empty whenever I log in. I am new and only really know of chewing tobacco to refill it, which seems like it should not be the cheapest option for regular use.

Theres a perk that raises your Dead Eye slowly over time. It is incredible.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

pmchem posted:

man that's 22 minutes of youtube

is there a tl;dr version that just puts the results in a static table on a single web page?

SplitSoul posted:

Use this as a base. You can probably bump up some of the settings significantly.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Vichan posted:

This might take a while...

My CPU meets the minimum specs but not the recommended specs so I hope I'll be able to run this at a decent framerate.

Near Volumetric Lighting at Low and Water Physics on the lowest settings will help you tremendously. I also have my render resolution at 0.8. These are all in the advanced settings and will make sense once you see them. Don't settle for anything less than Ultra textures.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Deakul posted:

I'm curious as to what water physics actually does and just how noticeable it is when you lower it cause drat it's a hog but I love riding my horse along river banks so anything that makes water look or act worse would be no bueno.

In my opinion when the physics are set to high it makes the water look worse. The surface tension seems super unrealistic, more akin to something like a big blob of oil. The biggest thing you're missing out on with higher water physics is a rippling effect when you shoot the water.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

explosivo posted:

Are PC versions cross compatible? I figured they would be since it's all going through the launcher but figured I'd ask if I could play with my friend who bought it through R* directly while I'm on Steam.

I think Stadia has its own network, otherwise you're good to go

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

CascadeBeta posted:

I keep meaning to change my water physics to medium. I've been playing on super high settings in the story comfortably with around 45 to 60 fps but online seems to make the frame rate tank a bit more. I know there's like 4 or 5 settings that do the most to hamper frame rate, I just gotta remember where I saw the guide that highlighted which ones.

After much experimentation, its Water Physics, Near Volumetric Lighting, and Grass Shadows that seem to have the most effect.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Well one neat thing about Online is that you can change the graphics in the menu and as long as it doesnt require a restart, you can see the immediate effect if you have an FPS counter going. I use the nvidia overlay to see my FPS update in real time. I'd suggest attempting Low for the Near Volumetric Lighting, just to try it.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Agreed, PC community has been almost universally pleasant. Except for everyone in Free Roam missions, everyone in those can go gently caress themselves.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I don't think its obvious enough that Defensive Mode is not the same as Passive Mode. It's basically just a huge buff vs players that discourages them from making the first move. I think how it works is, if you shoot and hit someone your defensive bonus goes away and you get a ton of hostility. However if you get shot and return fire you're ok. So I think people bait you into shooting them first.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Mux posted:

Are collectibles on Red Dead Online sessions per player or is there only 1 collectible for each collection for the entire session? I'm using the RDO collection map with the corresponding videos, but none of them seem to be spawning.

It's definitely per player. You can do it as a group.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
So now everytime I get online I get booted within 30 seconds... nothing's changed on my end, as far as I am aware.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Moonshiner update is out. I can't find any patch notes anywhere. 25 gold bars to buy in.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I'd like to see a hot air balloon with a chaingun on it. And infinite sandbags that I can drop on people.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

explosivo posted:

So what's the best way to make money online if you're just starting out and don't have any of the addon stuff?

Make sure you do every treasure map you find. Keep in mind that you're supposed to be feeling a vibration from the controller during these, otherwise you might never find some of them.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
It happens to me when I'm not even in a posse! I feel like I have to put the game down for now, due to this poo poo.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Well yeah, horses can't swim that far

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Lugubrious! posted:

Wow, I am getting constant Error 0X20010006's when trying to play RDO (on PC) now, like to the point of being unplayable. It's been perfectly stable for me since launch until now. Is this actually a problem with Rockstar, or am I uniquely experiencing this volume of disconnects?

In my personal experience, some days this just happens. Others it doesn't.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Evidently if you stay perfectly still while a bear charges you, you can bluff the bear into leaving you alone.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Kaddish posted:

Hackers are out in force today.

Man, you weren't kidding. Got hit immediately logging on.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

DrNutt posted:

So how does the GTA Online thing to earn the stuff in RDO work? I thought it was a limited time thing and long over but apparently not? I guess I need to reinstall GTAO again...

As far as I know, the only 'unique' thing is that serial killer revolver. Which to be honest is ugly as gently caress. Everything else is stuff you can just get normally, such as the Double Action Revolver and the Collector Role.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
No love for the Pump Action Shotgun? I haven't used anything else because I just love pumpin'

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
"My beard is augmented"

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
We need new T-shirts with a dumbass design on them that literally nobody has ever worn to come out every week

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I haven't gone back to that bounty after hearing how heartbroken he was that I killed his wolves. :smith:

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I've been told you can sit on certain cliffs. I've never been able to find one.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I prefer to think of them as friends I haven't made yet

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
All the buckles you get from challenges look stupid as gently caress.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Peacoffee posted:

Every time i see people post about RDO it makes me think that if im still having fun in single player, that i should just stay there as long as i can.

I think it makes total sense to do singleplayer first then transition to multiplayer. Kinda wish I had done that.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Yeah I don't care about the money at all, and I don't understand the mindset of someone who does. There's simply nothing particularly interesting to spend money on.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Hihohe posted:

When your horse dont want a duck

https://i.imgur.com/9dwJGdX.mp4

Some say that horse is still refusing that duck to this day

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Bloodcider posted:

I found some weird poo poo the other day while wandering around Lemoyne.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oawZMEQHFx0

Is this a glitch or was this always here? I can't tell anymore with this game.

I kinda want to start a "Red Hair w/Braids" posse because <3

I feel a connection every time I see another Red Hair w/Braid

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Those packets can be attacked by players

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

As someone who just plays games and does not research the backstory behind the companies, I do not understand the significance of this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
What's the point of Tracking Arrows? What situation are you in where you have the ability to shoot your target but you don't want to?