Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
You guys infected me. I never noticed anything weird before, but now I'm getting people in my camp telling me I'm gonna freeze

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Tumble posted:

Stuff like the dynamic destruction in R6:Siege is going to start being as common as normal physics are now.

That's what I thought after Red Faction Guerilla.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Unless your PC is excellent, it cannot guarantee 60fps 1080p. So the way I see it the PS4 Pro is 100% guaranteed to give you the experience you're looking for but the PC might have unforeseen problems.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
To be clear my game runes fine, got an i5-7400 and a GTX 2060 and it runs great, but lately modern games have been extremely hit or miss for me and its making me mad at PC gaming. For instance every time I try to play Forza Horizon 4 with my friends it disconnects constantly, and The Division 2 just crashes constantly to the point where its not really playable. If I had the choice between dealing with that and just having a 4k version running on a PS4 Pro on a giant TV, I would probably pick the TV. Its also worth noting that even though Mouse and Keyboard is extremely playable, and what I use most of the time, the game seems to be clearly designed around the idea that you would be playing with a controller and locking on to folks.

Also the goon presence in Online is pretty much none, there was a semi-active discord like a year ago but nobodys posted in a while.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Personally I would like to be able to at least rob a train or a bank.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

A talking coyote posted:

Ended up caving and buying this on pc. Man forgot how great this game looks, or I’m seeing how great it CAN look since I had originally played it on a launch ps4. Frame rate has been completely stable so far but I’m sure I’ll change my tune once I get to the big city.

Glad it ended up working for you. I still have PTSD from the stuff I had to do when the game first launched on PC to get a decent frame rate. I ended up downloading some weird program that affected my frame pacing or some poo poo, and another program to prevent my CPU from going over a certain percentage. It was insane. I spent hours working on it. I'm never going to uninstall this game now out of pure fear that I will never get it to run well ever again.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
That would be a pretty thick soup

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
The Adventures of Redneck Robotnik

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Your Brain on Hugs posted:

Yeah I have it on balanced andbib can actually get 60fps at 4k most of the time. On Vulkan, haven't tried DX12.

So it does work on Vulkan?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Rakeris posted:

So I just finished the story mode, and looking to check out online, is there any beginner guides or don't do this type things? Does my profession matter?

My advice would be to start with Bounty Hunter. Its the most interesting of the roles imo. Trader/Moonshine I did not find enjoyable at all. Collector is cool but its not cool enough on its own to be the first and only role you have. Naturalist is also very cool if you like hunting.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Your Brain on Hugs posted:

I was thinking of grabbing bounty hunter first then getting naturalist second. I thought trader was basically just hunting, what's boring about it? Also what does moonshiner involve?

Trader is you hunt to collect pelts and stuff, accumulate over time, and do a wagon trip for a small profit. Moonshiner is like, trader but with moonshine. Maybe moonshiner got fun but I didn't play enough of it to find out. Naturalist is about filling out a catalog of 3 star creatures which I personally find way more fun than just plain hunting.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I would consider Bounty Hunting to be the most fun content out of all the currently existing content so yes. Everything else except Naturalist just feels like busy work. Naturalist is busy work but I like the idea of exploring and filling out my catalog of creatures so that appeals to me specifically. Collector's cool if you want to use a map and grind it out but that sounds like the exact opposite of fun so I just prefer randomly stumbling on collector stuff as I find it, which makes it a good supplement to other roles. Trader is just bullshit imo

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
In my experience, focusing on making money in this game is a fool's errand. Its just going to make you mad.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
A Treasure Hombre

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Oysters Autobio posted:

gently caress, so I've been grinding trader to get the $900 just so I could atleast be able to hunt and bring more than one carcass at a time, and finally after I got enough I only then realized that you need level 10 also. I've felt like I grinded a ton but am only level 4.

This sounds like the exact opposite of fun. Do some bounties or something, dang. Maybe some crimes. Anything but trader, what a snoozefest.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Pierson posted:

How much does the RDO grind get in the way of good vibes if I want to wander the map hunting/skinning/robbing and occasionally doing missions? I know the online half is heavily gamified with levels and exp and season passes compared to the SP campaign.

There's only grind if you want there to be. Sure there's weapons to buy, but if I remember right the game starts you with the Cattleman revolver and thats the only gun you'll ever need. That's the gun Revolver "Motherfucking" Ocelot uses so like i said, its all you'll ever need. Here's how I play the game lately: I log in on Crimes, start one of those missions, and wherever I end up I just look at the closest mission physically to me and I just go do that. Rinse and repeat for the entire playsession. At some point I might glance at the daily list and see if theres a super easy one I can just do real quick. If I feel like hunting some poo poo, cool, if a legendary animal pops up, cool. I'm unconcerned with all of it. The act of playing the game itself is fun for me.

Does this seem interesting to anybody? I'd really like some people to play this way with tbh. Most people that play this game online are all about grinding. I just want to wander around and do cool poo poo. My Rockstar social is ssnakesbandana, or SolidSnakesBandana#0307 on discord.

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Aug 9, 2021

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

This is also handled kind of weirdly though since if you fail you get a big game over screen where you're forced to press a button to abandon the job which then takes you to another screen where you have to hold down a different button to see the scoreboard and rewards.

Soooo many people complaining that they aren't getting payouts because of this setup. I did 3 replays yesterday and I'm fairly certain I got paid for all of them.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Rakeris posted:

Is there a goon pose? Or should I just pick one that doesn't appear awful if I want to play with peeps?

Pretty sure the max posse member count is 8. I don't understand what the point of posses are, like why did they do it that way instead of just doing regular grouping.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

marktheando posted:

God drat it I need so much more money to buy guns and clothes and upgrades. I just unlocked collector and sold a bunch of stuff and got a thousand dollars, a couple camp upgrades and now it's all gone.

Bro just do some Call to Arms this week with a group, hell I'll do it with you. Its not really worth it to do it solo. I walked away with $700 from one round the other day

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

marktheando posted:

Nice, that's a good payout. I haven't actually tried Call to Arms yet, will def give that a shot. Been too busy checking out everything else, I've only really been seriously playing RDO for about a week or so, I bounced off it at launch.

Main reason I'm saying this is because its paying out 3x as much this week, so this is where you want to play it to unlock some stuff.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Krataar posted:

Is there a goon discord? I mostly play solo but would love people to play with. I didnt see one listed on the first page. On rockstar I am Krotoor on social club or krataar in game.

Are Harriet legendary animal missions instanced?

There is but its extremely inactive. https://discord.gg/zKWGRGgP

That said, if you posted on there I would probably respond to it.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

FuturePastNow posted:

I recommend using a controller (and auto-aim) since trying to drive a horse with the keyboard is awful

Alternatively, tapping A to make the horse go faster is lamer than just using shift

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Target Practice posted:

Never got around to playing this, and now I have a brand new computer? How is just RDO as a standalone experience? Seems easy to get $20 out of it.

Its hard to explain, but I feel that the singleplayer and multiplayer are essentially two completely separate games that just take place on the same map. They are both attempting to do very different things.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Don't get too caught up on how little money you seem to be making as you play. If that's all you focus on, its just going to frustrate you. Just do things that are fun, the money will come eventually. imo the first goal should be to get the Bounty Hunters license, as that is both fun and reasonably profitable.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Feliday Melody posted:

I cannot believe. That this 3 year old game is $60 on steam.

I keep seeing notifications that this game is on sale and then the price is still something like $40.

To be fair I think it’s one of the few games I played in my life that I happily paid full price for and don’t regret it one bit.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I personally love Red Dead Online, its one of my all time favorite games and holds a permanent place on my hard drive. I just log in every now and then and just do random poo poo as I see it, no real goals in mind. Typically I'll run some bounties, those are my favorite thing to do. The other day I made it a point to use melee as much as possible. I attracted two lawmen inside this town and they were lookin for me, and I kept goin around the buildings so I could sneak up on them and punch them out. They kept sendin lawmen and I kept layin' them out. Great fun.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I play max bet poker because the money amounts are so small that its insignificant either way. If you could do high stakes poker people would be playing it more often I think.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

juggalo baby coffin posted:

- super super early in the game, like one of the first missions after you get out of the snow realm, where you go to a house and kill some drunk odriscolls, i did the mission and killed like 45 o'driscolls, but the second the mission ended a posse of lawmen rolled up on me and i got an immediate huge bounty. now i have a 300 dollar bounty in like two places because i just keep getting chased by bounty hunters, and whether i win or lose the gunfight i still end up with a higher bounty. wearing a mask still ends up with me getting more arthur morgan bounty so i have no idea what the point of that is.

The masks are weird. The important thing to remember with wearing masks is that they don't work at all on lawmen. They are only meant to disguise you from civilians. I don't think the game ever actually tells you this.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

rotinaj posted:

Why do you think they won’t do it

I think they definitely will do it, likely are working on it now, and are gonna charge us 69.99 for the privilege of playing it

Red Dead 2 is the last good game Rockstar will ever make.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Moon Slayer posted:

One of the main reasons why I'll never be able to pull off a low honor run is because I absolutely can't resist mashing the "howdy howdy howdy" button while strolling through town.

The trick is to do two positive interactions and one negative interaction. Its just you goin around town setting people up for zingers

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Nicodemus Dumps posted:

Greet, greet, antagonize

One of the all time great combo moves

Hi.
-Hey.
Nice day we're havin'.
-Yep.
Shame that you gotta ruin it with that face of yers
-What?! Say that again?
Caaaalm dowwwwn.

Just rinse and repeat until someone calls the law. It's fantastic.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Well yeah I mean everyone does that. Don't they? Unless its a good boaaah of course

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
But... that would mean these people are engaging in the very crimes they are trying to prevent!

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
There was a brief social media push #SaveRedDeadOnline, it resulted in nothing. Rockstar never acknowledged it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Trader is easily the worst role. I don't even bother with it at this point.