Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

marshmallow creep posted:

In Red Dead Online, it has become a consistent problem that when I am trying to sell hides or carcasses, it will accept a random number of transactions correctly, and then suddenly stop. It will let me sell things, but won't give me the money for them. Sometimes this is after about six items sold, or it may be first one doesn't work. It's getting really tiresome.

The merchant is running out of money. You can see how much he has left over o- nah this isn't a thing. RDO is just broken as usual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday
Still very curious to see if defensive mode does anything different on PC since auto aim is pretty much a non issue.

I’m guessing the answer is “no” since that is the worst answer.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

Capn Beeb posted:

Session Sweeper would suspend the GTA.exe for 10 seconds, disconnect you from online but keep you in a lobby. Then you'd hit... I think it was the pause key to lock the server so nobody else could join unless you invited them manually.

Not sure I understand them purpose of this. GTAO has always had private sessions.

RDO on the other hand would benefit greatly.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday
Remember all that free gold we gave you? Yeah you ain’t bringing any of that across.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday
Great so I can’t play until I get home from work on the 6th. 😭

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday
For GTA I always played with a controller on my lap. KB+M for on foot, controller for in a vehicle.

Haven’t had a chance to play this yet so I don’t know how different it is.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday
I can't even get past the launcher. :suicide:

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday
I’m hearing a patch just dropped. Anyone having better luck?

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday
Sounds like I’m probably not playing tonight either.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

I said come in! posted:

Yeah, I miss my loving buffalo mount. The mounts were so awesome, and I fully expected them to be back for RDR2 and it was a pretty huge insult to learn that you can only have horses.

I’m sure they’ll turn up eventually (exclusively for gold)

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday
Amazing. The patch actually fixed the launcher crash for me.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

Orv posted:

I'm getting a mildly to extremely worrying graphical glitch that could just be a weird confluence of settings or it could be my card dying so I thought I'd run it by the thread and see if anyone's seen anything similar.

Basically any time there's any kind of fine-grained explosion of particles - hoof beats in dusty terrain, muzzle flash, blood in some cases - and also sometimes in the rain, those particles express as vivid neon green and red rather than as what they're supposed to be. Which to me screams dying GPU except it's only those effects, there's no similar effect in any other game and the game itself otherwise runs tremendously.

Worrying but given the state of things I'd believe it's just a mess.

Yeah there’s various videos of people getting this effect. Nothing wrong with your hardware.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

Capn Beeb posted:

BES has afforded me a good solid two hours of online play with only minor hitching off and on. I also got nvidia's overlay screenshot tool to play nice with the game, so

Went out into the desert

Found a nice lady who gave me money for all the flowers, eggs, and liquor bottles I had in my pockets. Bought a shovel from her, thanks nice lady

Found a rude man who had his cronies shoot at me but I put arrows in all their faces then stabbed him as he cowered among the rocks and suggested I was a demon shucks howdy pard maybe I am :unsmigghh:

Went to camp

Went into the woods

Got discovered by a grizzly bear and cougar at the same time

scene missing

Yeehaw :buddy:

Sounds like you had a nice day, friend.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

Hakarne posted:

This is so trivial, but how do you rotate your camera when you're crafting at a campfire? On console I could swing it around and watch my dude actually cook stuff, but for some reason it's just locked to his back. It makes it even more tedious having to make large batches of things and I feel dumb for not being able to figure this simple task out

Yeah I find you have to swing your camera to where you want it as your character is doing the “sit down at fire” animation and it’ll lock to wherever you leave it.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

Dick Jones posted:

When Cripps gives you a "hunt [animal] and trade it for a supply wagon" mission, does the quality of the carcass affect the final reward? I've handed in a 3-star deer, got the wagon and driven it to camp only to have Cripps say something like "well at least you brought back some of it..."

I don’t think so? I was tasked with getting a bison pelt before I had gear capable of getting anything but 1 Star and the buyer didn’t seem to care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Arthur twirls his handgun if you double tap the draw button to put it back into the holster

Has anyone been able to do this with keyboard/mouse? I can only get it to happen with a controller.