Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Oh wow, I just got to Lemoyne and love it. So different from the rest of the map, and it just feels muggy looking at it.

Also, where's the best place to find bison? I ran into giant herds on the plains east of Valentine twice, but every other time I've passed through since I can't find them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Jimbot posted:

Is it just me or does poker like to skew towards giving you garbage? In the first game you at least got hands, even if they were pairs of 2s or whatever. I've played 20 hands of poker and every pair I've gotten were because they were in the community pool. I've gotten straights but that was like my 15th hand in.
If the cards are random, you have about a 6% chance of getting a pocket pair. Going 20 hands without one isn't particularly unusual (about a 30% probability).

(Edit: or did you mean you haven't gotten any pairs where even one of the cards was in your hand? Because that would be unusual, and hasn't been my experience at all, so you might just have had some really bad luck.)

If anything, I've felt like the opposite is true and the game improbably tends towards higher hands; I've seen a lot of straight draws in the community cards. But I haven't kept tally, so that could just be confirmation bias.

Klisejo posted:

Heartland Overflow, between the A and N in New Hanover on the map. They spawn on the west side of that lake.
Thanks, I'll give that area a look.

Lord Hydronium fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Nov 1, 2018

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

The random events repeating can be kind of funny. I had the one with the lady from Emerald Ranch whose horse died, and it's like, another one? She either has the worst luck or this is the weirdest scam.

I also killed the guy who challenges you to a shooting contest when I lost, and now he's back from the dead and wants a rematch.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Does anyone have a link to those chapter flowcharts posted earlier in the thread?

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

The Fool posted:

Chapter overview flow charts: Including mission requirements, weapon unlocks, activity unlocks, and stranger unlocks.
Thanks, and quoting this so I can find it again in the future.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Arthur is hilarious at vaudeville shows. YEAH FIRE LADY :downs:

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

I keep hearing about this pig farm, is it part of the story or something I can find by roaming around?

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Romes128 posted:

South of emerald farms. It’s like a lone building on the map a little bit off the road.
Ah, thanks.

Also, I just did the (middle of Chapter 3) Valentine bank robbery, is there any way to access the outfit from that mission? Or am I just not seeing it in my wardrobe?

JBP posted:

Do I need to read a clue about the gunslingers? I got the mission from the guy but only BB showed up on the map, I helped her and got a photo.
You have to read the photos he gives you, they'll add the locations to your map.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Finally found Aberdeen pig farm, Jesus Christ :stare:

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Has everyone found the Easter egg/secret event in Ham's Bethel (north of Heartland Overflow)? Spoilers, although it's fun to see it for yourself. Cool little creepy place, too.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Fart City posted:

This game gets way more enjoyable when you just lean into being a robbin’ rootin’ tootin’ scoundrel, and stop caring about bounties or honor.
Honor lets me buy the outfits I need to make my Man in Black costume :colbert: (which is kind of ironic, now that I think about it)

A few other screenshots:

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Jiro posted:

Where did you find the pieces of clothing to make that happen? That's pretty good.
I bought everything but the coat individually in Saint Denis, though the individual pieces might be available at any store. Everything in black or as dark gray as they had.

Shotgun coat from the Deauville outfit
Stalker hat
Opulent vest
Stand-collar overshirt
Everyday pants
Classic roper boots
Kneller spurs
Puff tie (striped dark gray, though there's darker ones if you prefer all black)
Range gloves (you get these at the start of the game)
Upgraded gun belt and holsters

Lord Hydronium fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Nov 3, 2018

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

BillBear posted:

This game and it's supernatural elements plus undead nightmare back in the day really makes me wish Rockstar would go and make a full fledged open world horror game, with all sorts of spooky poo poo.
I like that between GTA V and this game, UFOs are just a Rockstar signature now. Hoping they show up in Bully 2.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Bold Robot posted:

Do I need to go see all 4 gunslingers before I end chapter 2? Not clear to me what side content is locked to chapter 2 or not.
I'm on Chapter 4 and they're still available.

lets hang out posted:

How do I get more than one of the same gun for dual wielding, do I just have to find it? It's insane they won't just let you buy another
You should be able to buy two, it'll say something like "buy for off hand".

E: It's unlocked by a story mission, though, if you haven't done that. "Blessed are the Meek", according to the internet.

Lord Hydronium fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Nov 4, 2018

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

After I finish this game I kind of want to go back to RDR1 again (and I never did play Undead Nightmare). Anyone done that and know if it still holds up?

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

DrNutt posted:

I just played it like a week ago and I think so. Some stuff might be hard to go back to, but aside from the fact that the game is a little more simple, it's perfectly fine gameplay wise. It's not at all like trying to go back to like GTA3 or something.

Zaa Boogie posted:

I was playing it right before RDR2 came out and I'd say it'll still hold up, especially if you're playing it on BC (Even more if 4K on XBonX).

Of course it's not gonna look as good, and some stuff is a bit more primitive but some of that will actually work in your favor.

e.g. You can just stack pelts in your inventory and all your weapons are on your person.
Great, thanks.

Fellatio del Toro posted:

cool I found both legendary boar and legendary beavers before ever seeing a single non-legendary one
Boar are all over Lemoyne if you're still looking for them. I also came across them near the trapper in West Elizabeth.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Anyone know a good guide to what resources are needed for the various Trapper clothes? Googling turns up an IGN guide to the outfit pieces, but I can't find anything for the individual hats/vests/etc.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

I get the bear and wolf and genuinely dangerous animals, but things like the legendary coyote are just weird. Only the greatest of hunters can shoot this small animal in the face with a shotgun, killing it instantly.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Deified Data posted:

Trying to get 5 perfect rabbit pelts for the challenge. Varmint rifle is good for that right? They seem to just shake off small game arrows somehow, I've never managed to bring something down with one of those.
Small game arrows are for squirrels and the really small animals. Varmint rifle in the head works for rabbits.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

PancakeTransmission posted:

This one didn't show up on google for me either, but someone else linked it for me in the thread. Reckon they need to work on their SEO game.

https://www.shacknews.com/article/108171/trapper-guide-crafting-clothing-and-prices-red-dead-redemption-2
Awesome, thanks.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

I think someone mentioned earlier in the thread that you can get a map of all the legendary animal locations in-game, where is that?

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Nolgthorn posted:

It would be strange if the wild west were taking place for example in a Japan that bordered Mexico.
Welcome to Shogun World.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

https://twitter.com/callme_mok/status/1059147014359805952

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

shut up blegum posted:

Lmao. Also where did you get that fancy hat?
The video's not mine, but apparently it's on a corpse on Mount Hagen.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Tercio posted:

i'd like them to fill in the map above new austin for sure, i'd pay for it too
That's for RDR3, which will go back another decade and tell the Van der Linde gang's rise to power.

...I'm not sure I'm joking.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

I had a few cougars attack me in the extreme northeast of the map (near the legendary moose).

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

I think the alligator is supposed to open with a Chapter 4 quest, it doesn't appear for me yet either.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Does the number of outfits horses can carry vary by bonding level, or breed, or what? I had a thoroughbred at max level, bought a new Arabian, and my horse outfits dropped from five to three.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

The_White_Crane posted:

It's determined by saddlebags; check what you have equipped.
Hm, I'm pretty sure I transferred over the same saddle and saddlebags, but I'll check that.

Hobo Clown posted:

Are you talking about that early mission where you rescue Sean? Could it have been where you were coming from that the GPS sent you through Blackwater? I cam from the east when I did that mission Javier met me on the outskirts and I never needed to go into the city.
Yeah, it should be right across the river from a safe zone, I didn't go anywhere near Blackwater (or at least any nearer than the quest marker).

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

?ynneL

There's also a fun little callback to that later at one of the camp parties.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

So I checked that my horse still had upgraded saddlebags equipped, unequipped and reequipped them just to make sure, and I can still only hold three outfits. Any ideas?

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Qubee posted:

do the two temporary horses still follow you on your main horse? the hunting potential is attractive

do you have the extra outfits saved to your saddlebags? if you've only got 3 outfits saved, ofc it's still gonna show 3.
Yes, after I add 3 it says "3 of 3 on horse" and grays out the button.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Well, solved the saddlebag issue by buying a second color of upgraded saddlebag, that triggered whatever flag adds the inventory space.

Also stumbled across the Klan for the first time, giving me a good way to test out my new semi-auto shotgun. :getin:

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Zaphod42 posted:

Like you said, either I kill everybody trivially or I'm fighting for my life against packs of wolves and its a real question of if I can get the "drink tonic" animation off in time before I get eaten.
I'm pretty sure every time I've died outside of missions (especially ones with dueling, I can never get that quite right) it's been to goddamn wolves.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

My first horse died to that event, so ever since I dismount as soon as a firefight starts.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Someone on Reddit recorded what happens if you piss off your camp too much.

Also cool is that everyone's responses to Antagonize are contextual with what you've been saying just beforehand.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

JBP posted:

I don't stress about those little things now because I just swing by a post office and pay the equivalent of a lamb's fry dinner then be on my way. You can murder someone in cold blood in front of an entire population and get away with it for the princely sum of $20. Who said capitalism doesn't work?

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Zaa Boogie posted:

Knowing I can store infinite not large pelts on the back of my horse makes me way more keen to just randomly stop to hunt when I see a three star animal.
Make sure to sell/donate them every so often, I learned the hard way that they disappear if you die.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Zipperelli. posted:

So I have a wolf, a sheep, and a bale of hay I need to ferry across a river...
Shoot the wolf and sheep, your horse can store an infinite number of medium pelts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

I have not found a single treasure map (other than the tutorial one in the debt mission), are they just lying around as loot or is there something I need to do to get them?