Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Hey here's an idea if you're going to write a spoiler for the brand new game put it behind tags and don't just write the word spoiler you ditz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

DogonCrook posted:

Yeah im on the phone im just gonne delete that comment i have no idea how to spoiler tag

But also i really dont care that you dont have self control im just doing it because, rules lol

Either you type them out or your app should have a button, also I was reading the last few pages to get ideas about mechanics and stuff

You know

Things that aren't spoilers

Don't be a loving dick about the brand new game

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Like I'm specifically trying to avoid info about the story, fortunately, there's a lot of stuff people are talking about that isn't the story! And I find it really interesting as I kill time until I can go home and start playing! Don't be a dick! gently caress!

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Hugh Malone posted:

tips on game mechanics no spoily

story stuff spoily

easy :)

Easier when you tag story spoilers so I don't accidentally read them while scrolling you dick

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
You have no self control sbeers man posting information about the end of a brand new game without tagging it because he can't be bothered to figure it out

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

DogonCrook posted:

Ive read abunch of posts here and in games genrally that did that so i didnt think it was a big deal and still dont if you read on anyways. The first part of the post is all referencing poo poo that goes down in like chapter 2 so thats not a spoiler.

I mean yeah i wont do it again but your being a real bitch about it lol.

I'm sorry I'm irritated that you posted info about the end of a brand new game untagged, I'll make sure to adjust your behavior accordingly in the future

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

DogonCrook posted:

You read spoiler and kept reading but keep crying about. And hell that wasnt really a spoiler you still dont know poo poo about the ending lol.

It's weird irs almost like my eyes don't completely skip over text and that's why there's spoiler tags, so that you don't accidentally read things you don't want to read

Why are you so defensive about this Jesus Christ

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

I got you and the guy who posted untagged spoilers mixed up, my bad homes

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

moist turtleneck posted:

lol Benghazi is a whiny bitch in every thread it's amazing

I'm sorry I got mad about end game spoilers for a brand new game

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

moist turtleneck posted:

The spoiler is it's a prequel of rdr 1?

He deleted it but he clearly considered it enough of a spoiler to type the word spoiler first like that's the same as tagging it

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

moist turtleneck posted:

Then like scroll past you dipshit lmao

Again

It's almost like your eyes don't just not see poo poo and it's possible to accidentally read things and we have spoiler tags for this exact reason jfc

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

moist turtleneck posted:

If you get so triggered by spoilers then maybe don't look at the thread smart guy

Everyone else has been really good about it actually it's literally just you and this one guy who think it's cool to just post spoilers about th end of a brand new game

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

DogonCrook posted:

Because you are looking for offense and so i obliged. I aim to please where possible.

"Heh you just choose to be mad that I'm being a dick, I'm not responsible for my own behavior and the consequences of it" - a cool dude

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

moist turtleneck posted:

lol what spoiler have I posted

I'm saying you're the only other person who thinks that it's unreasonable for me to be like hey it's not cool to post untagged spoilers not that you posted them yourself

I'm sorry if this was confusing for you

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

DogonCrook posted:

It isnt a spoiler. I spoilered it exactly to avoid this dumb poo poo where you mention one loving thing and some idiot lasers in on it making a fuss. Like i realised it sounded like i was and i put that there but thats all referencing chapter 2 events lol

You didn't spoiler it is the problem though

Also you wrote "at the end of the game" so that doesn't sound like chapter two to me

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Also, how about, just don't spoil the brand new games story for people, in general, regardless of the chapter

Crazy idea

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
This poo poo is exactly why I don't read threads in Games that aren't about destiny

Glad to see goons are still misanthropic weirdos who think people choose to get mad and their actions have nothing to do with anything

gently caress

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

JBP posted:

I've got a spoiler for ya, horse testes.

"more than once I found myself temporarily hypnotised by the musculature and skin creases on my horses butt"

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I'm doing the shooting and having to manually work the lever action on my rifle is the coolest thing

Especially because you can hold the fire button while you're working the action and hell pause halfway through so you can reload dramatically

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I have never played a game with fast trAvel where I have cared less about fast travel than I do right now

Riding through the mountains with the cinematic camera on to get the big sweeping views of poo poo is so good

And it really makes it clear how big the world is, and how wild and untamed, and how small you are in comparison

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

I'm in chapter 3 but I read every spoiler in this thread and read a full plot summary before I bought the game. I still enjoy it.

Spoilers aren't real.

Yeah okay good for you you're not everyone

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

punchymcpunch posted:

please spoiler tag the stuff about fast travel, it doesnt unlock until several hours into the game

gently caress off

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Just got to chapter two, trying to go around talking to the people who can go missing because of the bug so they don't go missing. Couldn't find the kid until it was night and he was sleeping, so I grabbed some shut eye myself. Woke up, he's still sleeping. Now I'm sitting on a box next to his tent waiting for a child to wake up. This isn't creepy at all

Edit as soon as I hit post he woke up. This game knows.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

vandalism posted:

I've spent at least 10 hours changing outfits.

I found a green scout jacket and now I'm working on putting together Little Joe's outfit from Bonanza

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

ChocNitty posted:

What would be a good reason to choose to antagonize NPC’s?

Fun

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Snowy posted:

I don’t know anything about this bug but I’m pretty early in the game still. Which ones should I talk to so they don’t vanish?

All of the Marstons plus Sadie

If you can't find jack either do the thing I did or go check the river bank

Edit also if you did To Valentine With Love you might already be bugged, so check now

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Holy poo poo I just rolled into chapter six

If you asked me Dickeye what do you expect to happen in rdr2 I would not have said "I'm going to rob a bank in new Orleans and a bunch of us are going to die and then we're going to stow away on a boat and then the boat is going to sink and we're going to wash up on not Guam and get put in a chain gang before I hit pause and shut the TV off because it's late as gently caress" and yet that is what happened and I'm still not done with the mission

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
So I finished chapter seven and not gonna lie, the horse dying got me, and so did realizing that John's hat from rdr is Arthur's, and that's why he's conspicuously not worn a hat the entire game up till that point

I really liked Arthur's story, even if it is one of failure and destruction and trying to salvage whatever you can from the remains

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Solice Kirsk posted:

I'm just glad to of been of service.
*tips hat

Oh god

Is there a button to do that too