Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ikonoklast
Nov 16, 2007

A beacon for the liars and blind.
Ive got an error thats obviously a broken save. Game has worked flawlessy all the way up to a certain point, where i get a crash after the loading picture reel finishes. Trouble is i cant reload any alternate save since this is autosave/checkpoint only?

Ikonoklast fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Nov 6, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ikonoklast
Nov 16, 2007

Ikonoklast posted:

Ive got an error thats obviously a broken save. Game has worked flawlessy all the way up to a certain point, where i get a crash after the loading picture reel finishes. Trouble is i cant reload any alternate save since this is autosave/checkpoint only?

Just verified my error by that I can play the online mode without problems, but it crashes on load in singleplayer. Also there seem to be no way to restart the singleplayer or load another save? I guess the developers are inspired by Kafkas the Trial.

Ikonoklast
Nov 16, 2007

Ikonoklast posted:

Just verified my error by that I can play the online mode without problems, but it crashes on load in singleplayer. Also there seem to be no way to restart the singleplayer or load another save? I guess the developers are inspired by Kafkas the Trial.

If anyone experience the same problem as me. You can restart the progress by opening the save game folder, under settings in the rockstar launcher, and deleting all the files there. It will reset your progress. However you must ofcourse determine yourself if its worth the hassle to do everything over.

Ikonoklast
Nov 16, 2007

fuf posted:

You can do manual saves. Worth doing one every so often.

Yeah i found out after restarting. Trouble being you can only access the saves ingame, and not in the main menu. Which broke it for me.

Ikonoklast
Nov 16, 2007

Capn Beeb posted:

This got me past the launcher, but I just get infinite loading screens on both single player, the benchmark, and online. But hey, at least it's something. Seeing folks suggesting it needs to call home at least once and the workaround prevents that.

Makes me wonder if most of these launcher issues would have gone away if it was released on steam. Hows the Epic version? More functional?

Ikonoklast
Nov 16, 2007

Ikonoklast posted:

If anyone experience the same problem as me. You can restart the progress by opening the save game folder, under settings in the rockstar launcher, and deleting all the files there. It will reset your progress. However you must ofcourse determine yourself if its worth the hassle to do everything over.

Well. After coming to the same place (horseshoe overlook) I get the same crash when loading into the game. Went into online mode and loaded a manual save. Then it loaded ok :psyduck:

Guess you have to make due with prayers and voodoo to make this thing work sometimes.

Ikonoklast
Nov 16, 2007

Game gave me a windows bluescreen for the first time in 2 years. Impressed.

Ikonoklast
Nov 16, 2007

Feindfeuer posted:

So, I can't play the game anymore since tonight. It always crashes when it's done loading. I had that problem before when I played around with graphic options, but worst case: I deleted the systems.xml in the Documents\Rockstar Games\Red Dead Redemption 2\Settings and it started up with the vanilla settings again. But now it also crashes with those, and in safe mode, and after re-installing. Guess now I really have to wait for the next patch, cause I already spend far too many hours in this for a refund :smith:

e:
deleting all the files in the settings directory did it. :shrug:

If anyone else experience the crash on load in bug. Try going into online mode and load a manual single player save. Fixed it for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ikonoklast
Nov 16, 2007

Atleast someones collected all the troubleshooting tips in one place now: https://www.somethingawful.com/news/red-dead-troubleshoot/ :clint: