Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

150 gig, eh? I'll make the space... been wanting to get some Horse Thieving Sumbitch on for quite a while now. (Not bad enough to buy a console to do it on, though.)

Edit: oh hey, 150 gig is *only* 51+ hours at max speed with my 7 mbit DSL.

Ygolonac fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Oct 10, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Capn Beeb posted:

Hunting is hosed up right now where if there's too many players in the server, animals don't spawn.

That just means it's time to hunt..

THE MOST DANGEROUS GAME.

<ping> "Ice-T has joined..."

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Gasoline posted:

You can now preload on PC, it's 110GB.

Wish I'd seen this before I left for work, I could have let it run all day and been at least 20% done before I got home.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Welp, by draining all my bandwidth, it's looking like two days...

Except if I'm home and grinding Division 1, it can't have *all* the megabits.

Still, sould have it all down and ready for the day 1 35 gig patch, right?

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

I said come in! posted:

Will the Rockstar Launch have RDR2 playable tonight at 9pm pacific?

According to a post upthread:

quote:

Some Games Website posted:

We have received confirmation from Rockstar that Red Dead Redemption 2 will unlock at 5am PT/ 8am ET / 1pm GMT on November 5th globally. This will mean Red Dead Redemption 2 won't unlock until 2am on November 6th in New Zealand, for example

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Yay 5 November! Time to YEEHAW!

Wake up at 6 AM Pacific, so I have an hour to play before getting ready for work!

Immediately Rockstar launcher wants to update, with... uh, apparently no progress for ten minutes. Time to YEEHAW! some Solitaire!

Oh hey, it updated, and started decryption! Ten more minutes of Solitaire.

YEEHAW PATCH DOWNLOADING APPROXIMATE TIME TO COMPLETION 1 HOUR!

Yeefuck...

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Dick Jones posted:

In my experience, it seems like the horse is more likely to poop when you turn around to face it after you've had your back to it for a while, focused on something else.

I don't think you can do anything to affect the poop. The frequency of the horse dumps is not an exaggeration, apparently. They really do poop a lot.

Massive Horse Defecation 2

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Ars Technica has a review with pretty-pretty pictures and tech details.

Four more hours to find out that my i5-9600 stutters when failing to load the launcher...

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Well, got home, and the game ran fine, did a bunch of running around in the snow and killing people.

Then I quit The Division and started Yippee Kai Yay Simulator.

Started fine, ran the benchmark and as it kept going, got occasional freezes. (Still claimed 65+ FPS max, 59+ average @ 1920 x 1080, almost entirely default settings on a 1080Ti.)

Started playing, kept getting occasional freezes. (Amusing when it froze during a conversation, then resumed with two or more voice tracks playing simultaneously - and the subtitles as well.)

Got to the opening homestead/fight, freezes were happening more often. Finally, while I was looting everything not nailed down and trying to find a crowbar for the rest searching for supplies, it finally CTD'd on me. (Upon restart, everything I'd grabbed never respawned nor appeared in my inventory. )

Took a few minutes to get the latest drivers installed, started again... oh, all the way back to the beginning, such fun. Got maybe two freezes total for the rest of my playtime, which included the first big fight and the train robbery, and got me to Chapter Two, where I poo poo slept, shaved and saved before going to bed. Guess we'll see what happens when I get to town, after work.

(Going from Div1 to this makes for a little dissonance with the controls. "Why isn't the drawer opening? I'm hitting "F"!" Also want to turn on the mic and set voice commands - "Whoah dammit!" should turn off Cruise Control on the horse.)

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Capn Beeb posted:

Nope, launcher still crashes. Also had a fun popup of "unexpected files were found in game directory, modding may result in a ban" so that's nice.

Hackin' gonna get you kilt, son.

Also: I made sure I got a save done at the start of Chapter 2, because *gently caress* all that snow. Reminds me of winters growing up in Montana (Great Falls, not out in the toolies like the story. Wading through hip-deep drifts can die in a lava flow, no matter the location.)

Edit: Red Dead Redemption 2: Use yer Process Lasso, you peckerhead!

Ygolonac fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Nov 6, 2019

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Post-patch update: still i5-9600/1080Ti, still working with rare hitch.

Got into town with Uncle, started poo poo, got hit. Screwed around wandering the area, got chased off for thieving a can of corn, kind of accidentally kicked a dude when trying to see if I could pickpocket him while sleeping - hadda punch him to death, which lead me to running into the woods and hey, I can just run off a cliff edge no problem! (I just die at the bottom.)

Found a little red-tinted (map) gorge that had critters to hunt, but also seems to have bounty hunters. Stumbled into a shootout and found that target identification is a factor, as I shot one guy and then had both sides gunning for me. Learning all kinds of poo poo that either I skipped over when the game was telling me what it meant/how to handle it, or just haven't been told.

Still need to wash/brush my horse, and dammit can't I just wade into a creek and wash up myself or something?

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

VectorSigma posted:

Odd, I have a 9600K but don't get any stuttering or freezing.

I had a worsening freeze issue when I first installed/played, but after the crash I updated to the latest video drivers and it's been drat near nonexistent since. (And some of that, I suspect, is unrelated stuff going on with platters in the background ().)

Thinking of trying some duck hunting with explosive slugs tonight.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

I'm starting to wonder if different versions of the game somehow got distributed, with an assortment of different bugs per - I saw CapnBeeb's Process Lasso shot last night in IRC, tried the program myself. First was a known resource hog that functioned well, The Division 1 - the only real spikes weren't CPU, and happened when I fast-travelled.

Horses and Moreses? Once loaded, all the levels stayed, well, level - including a variety of fights and dumbshit actions (trying to jack the prisoner transport right outside the hideout, for example), going to Valentine and starting more poo poo there, et cetera.

System is stock, pretty much: i5-9600k no Hyper, EVGA 1080Ti whatever the gently caress gamer edition it is, Win10 (not patched to current, I think it's 3 weeks delayed now), dual 1920x1080 monitors (using just one for the game), almost entirely default video settings - game was freezing for a second or more in spots on first run, got worse until CTD, but freezes seem to have gone away almost entirely since updating the video drivers. Not running any overlays, except whatever stupid Windows one wants for the Xbox Game bar. Not running ULTRAREAL SUPREME video settings, or HOLY gently caress overclocks or anything.

, just like that dismembered dude with the map stuffed in his mouth.

As for the game itself, I actually had to search a wiki to find out how to get the leatherworking tools. Which isn't happening for a while yet, because I'm having too much fun loving around. Beating Mexican tourists at sharpshooting, shooting marauding wolves in the face with my pump-action, shooting rats with my .45, working on the mounted bunnyshoot challenge... need a wagon for all the dead critters and looted weapons, actually.

Stupid outlaws - I'm the only one chopping wood and bringing in meat, stop bitching about me being covered in blood already.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

i've failed so many missions because i accidentally rode my horse into a companion while trying to pull up at a hitching post

My horse needs new brakes, because I'm always running into the hitching post and getting launched. Sheriff and deputy inside the jail hear a big THUMP. "Guess Arthur is back with the bounty."

I need to try hotkeying stuff, like the binoculars. And to figure out how to access some inventories easier/in different situations. I don't see any reason why I can't let Roach drive himself while I gorge on Minty Venison.

Question: I keep getting alerts that I can't loot all the animal parts off my victim prey, but it won't say *what* is being lost. I suspect it's because I already have 5 Fat or Mature Venison or whatever; is there a way to carry multiple stacks of the same item?

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Hmph. I tried that cinematic horse-autopilot thing and immediately the oatbag tried to climb a cliff and barrel-rolled.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Transmogrifier posted:

Make sure you start out on a road.

Was on a main road, with stage/wagon traffic. Just hurfed a right (no trails or other roads in the area) and tried going vert up a 15-foot rockface. IIRC, the waypoint had been set to Valentine, and I was just going to sightsee for a while.

Wingmanning another horse or wagon works fine, though, although I didn't try cinematic mode for that.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Hey, I finally got it to start hitching and freezing again YAY! Six-plus hours of continual play, and got down to Saint Denis, where in-town it will freeze for a second or so every so often.

Of course, with all the detail and activity there, I'm not really shocked... also ganked a gator and now have a swate saddle. Gonna stay down here for a while, murdering swamplife for big money/parts. Although I may have to wander afield, I need another pristine rattlesnake for that bitchin' hat...

For those playing Yeehaw Simulator 2 on PC: Z and X are the undocumented keys that swap your ammo types.

Pissing me off: plot-mission Legendary Bear Hunt, got mauled but not killed twice, Pristine Legendary Grizzly Skin - and got wolfpacked a hundred yards down the road (by actual wolves). Game claims I "abandoned" my loot. Reload from the save just before I loaded the skin on my horse, and... still gone.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Sonel posted:

Luckily it isn't gone forever. The trapper and fence will have the parts from a legendary animal for crafting you just won't get the money.

Yeah, tip said something about that, but I don't see it in the parts lists. Does it only pop on the first one you hit after the hunt/death?

In other mostly non-spoiler gameplay news: gently caress Billy Midnight, and gently caress Nite Folk, for entirely different reasons. Got a free gun for sucking on some dude - too bad all the 2nd tier and above were still locked. Black Belle's encounter was great, glad I didn't get her gun.

This drat game is gonna take me *forever*.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Welp, Flaco Hernandez got shot in the face with a sawed-off, for making me go up into the frozen wastes again. Did get some assorted wolf pelts and a perfect deer hipfire-headshot from horseback with my Springfield, though.

And some random dude wanting a ride, but being pushy about it, so I lassoed him and took him for a drag.

Still need to get a fishing rod - I assume I have to go do that death country mission before I can take Lil' Fredo out to meet the fishies?

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

webmeister posted:

Yeah, you don't get the fishing rod until surprisingly late in chapter 2.

Note that for the death country mission (I assume you're referring to the one that starts near Blackwater), you don't have to go into the "Wanted Dead Or Alive" area. Just follow the river rather than the roads and you should be fine, though I got ambushed and killed my first time heading there

I'd try, but I went and helped Shithead and now I have 'about forty more bucks bounty than I currently have on-hand. Which also keep the Trapper out of reach unless i go to Not'Awlins. Think I'm just gonna casually loiter around, sniping critters and jacking wagons. Thirty bucks for a lovely no-canvas Conestoga? poo poo yeah, I'll take it. (Also take some recipes, an assortment of hoods and masks, and that there lock buster thing. )

And finally, either the Legendary Bear Skin was dropped into some other store inventory than the Trapper, or it evaporated, 'cause I can't find it nohow.

Ygolonac fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Nov 11, 2019

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

I just want to hotkey my binoculars, which doesn't seem to be an option.

Jacked a stage. Shot the driver and passengers since they were dicks about it. Shot a witness. Two other witnessed *that* and decided to roll on me - and pathed their horses across a gully. Horses weren't having any of that. One, then a second, launched over the bars head as the horse dropped anchor.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Toaster Beef posted:

I'll also recommend BES, which is now my go-to for that exact issue. Has worked very well so far.

Hmmm. "Bes is the ancient Egyptian god of childbirth, fertility, sexuality, humor, and war, but served primarily as a protector god of pregnant women and children." Can't hurt, I guess... any specific sacrifice to use?

Since I helped Big Smoke Micah in his time of need, I'd accrued $230 in bounty in the area that I needed to pass through to get to that rescue mission. (Also, the closest Trapper store was there too.) Dipshit needs to help me now, I have a Horseman challenge to complete - lasso and drag someone 3300 feet. Might try it on the train tracks...

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

toggle posted:

Where can i buy leather working tools in single player? I want a beaver hat

You have to progress mainquest until you complete at least some of Strauss' ursury. This unlocks Dutch's ledger, next to the donation box at camp. Hope you been dropping in stuff/money, or have extra, because the tools ain't cheap.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

I stole a hat and I kept it... certain hats *can* be stolen and stay in your inventory. If it's flashing white on the ground, put it on quick! Got me the Conductor's Cap at the train/stage/mailstop near Emerald Ranch, while repeatedly jacking the stage for quick payouts at the Wagon Fence.

Now I have a nice near-fully-custom Schofield to play with. (Didn't chop the barrel, they look better long. Too bad I can't just buy two, for Charlie Prince reasons.

I want that jacket, too.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

It feels rather like Skyrim/Fallout(3/4/NV) to me, where you start out cautious in this huge world where you can be killed by drat near anything, and end up (when not fast-travelling) just casually rolling through everything on your commute. "Yeah, don't take the 405, there's always Cazador swarms at Schlaussen." Vastly more varied random encounters, though.

There's a shitload of annoying traffic that startles critters, but if you just wander into a roadless area, then you can generally get some extinction done. Also helps if you memorize what kills clean, and get right snappy swapping binocs (target ID) and weapons (187 MDK). Baiting might be a good idea, but I've only ever done it on my glitched Hosea's Big Hunt mission.

As for Perfects, just unload them on the Trapper or Pearson, depending on how far you are and/or who makes the pretties you want *now*. Entire Perfect carcasses, you want to make a run before those go bad/you get ganked, but skins don't rot.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Once you've gotten Pearson everything he needs (even if you still have to buy the leatherworking tools), I'm assuming "extra" pelts/etc. will just be converted into CampBux. Overage at the Trapper will probably just convert to cash.

Pimping the camp up (wagon upgrades) will make supplies available on-site, and refilling is relatively cheap. Doing the camp-crafting stuff, I dunno, make happy cutthroat murderers? Upgrading Dutch's tent supposedly makes other folk contribute to the tithing box, don't know about the other Ledger items yet.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Welp, went for the Legendary Buck, for the decorative perk jewelry, wasn't too bad.

Except for the six wolves chasing a couple riders that decided to come after me instead. (Well, me and my 12 gauge pump. Poor skins? Ain't that a shame.) Followed by a cougar chasing different riders. (Omar huntin', kitteh.) A quick trip back to the Trapper up there, through the O'Driscoll camp, and...

...two more wolves just as I got to the first clue.

Otherwise, it was a pretty simple hunt. Fully modded Springfield with Express ammo, Deerminator taking four good headshots to drop, the usual.

Bonus: on the trip back to camp, came across a Klan party. Them boys sure is flammable, ain't they?

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

PC update coming out today to resolve the stuttering/freezing issue among other things according to Rockstar. Some freebies for online as an apology if you play online this week.

https://www.rockstargames.com/newsw...2-For-PC-Update

Rockstar Patch Notes posted:

SOLVED - all stuttering/freezing issues on all PC configurations

NEW - all PC configurations now fail to load

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Killed by an annoyed goat.

Also bitten (but not killed) by a muskrat .

When the stables unlocked, I swapped from the original Arthurhorse to my preorder bonus one, and "Roach" has been pretty excellent. A mite slow, but he did make the 5-minute Valentine/Rhodes run. "Aww, horsie tired? Here, have a sugar cube. Wrapped in Cocaine Gum." :horsedrugs:

Does dynamite fishing work?

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Chuds McGreedy posted:

Sure does, but they'll be 1 star or destroyed completely. You can even scare fish onto shore (not with dynamite) so they beach themselves and you can just pick em up. They're 3 stars every time, too.

Huh, I just Mauser'd a couple because they were close to shore.

I dearly hope actual fishing is not as bitchy as Far Cry 5's version.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Gay Horney posted:

Did anything ever come of those NPCs who had green eyes and looked like zombies that were getting reported a few months ago?

You mean the Core i5 testers?

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

All this patch wonkiness worries me.

In any case, I got jack poo poo done last night, other than murdering some innocent goats for seating purposes. On, and scrabbling enough cash to buy the map for Dutch, which unlocks fast travel! Slowest fast travel I ever used, because it's showing all the cinematics - pretty, but I could have flat-out ridden from camp to Emerald Ranch in about the same amount of time, I think.

Also, Javier had me come house-hunting and I ended up doubling my cash in one go. :makeitrain:

"Oh, please help me, I'm injured... hahah, now we're robbing you!" Failure In Victim Selection, A Play In Six Shots

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Iceache posted:

You can also double click a spot and it drops the waypoint.
The new patch fixed the stuttering on my i5. No more 3rd party programs to play this game.

Went to hunt for beavers in the mountains because I had bounty in Strawberry and not enough money to pay it off. Didn't get any beavers but managed to find a pretty white Arabian mare with nice stats.
I love these random moments where you set out with a goal but you manage to find something much more interesting or better on the way there

Random encounter: "AAAAH I HAD A SNAKE IN MAH BOOT!"
<sucks the poison out>

later on

"You saved my life, go get anything in the gun shop, on me!" (Too bad everything I really wanted was still locked.)

Last night's random encounter, as previously posted: "Oh, please help me, I'm injured... hahah, now we're robbing you!" Failure In Victim Selection, A Play In Six Shots

Reminds me, I gotta go back to the one burned-out village - got a treasure map there, and apparently missed the gold bar. Sixgun'd a couple rats, so not all bad...

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Welp, post-patch and... no change that I could discern? Reran the benchmark, no stutters there, and the numbers were pretty much the same. hosed around innawoods and St.Denis/Annesburg, rare (like, maybe twice over the course of 5+ hours) freezes for 1 second or less. Can't find and kill a Pristine elk to save my life, every badger appears to have taken the day off to see a Hugh Jackman retrospective, but I now have another Trapper location, a perfect bear skin I didn't actually need, two snakes, a big ugly D-hilted knife, and the next part of my Lemmy cosplay.

Also running into Murfree Brood kidnapping women, and may have to start crotch-shotting with the pump-action.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Since you get bad meat off poisoned critters, can it still be sold/donated? Asking for someone who dislikes a certain butcher...

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Hakarne posted:

Wait wtf? I had to punch mine off of a drunken hillbilly and they're just giving them out now?

You say "punch off a drunken hillbilly" like it's a bad thing... *all* item redemption should work like that.

In the game, too.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Welp, the mystery of the missing Legendary Bear grows deeper. Get to the Trapper, he now can make the bear parts stuff... but registers that he's got *two* Legendary Bear hides.

So now I have the Legendary Bear, Beaver, Buck and c-c-c-combo breaker Coyote.

Also a bunch of iguana bits, a blue Hardee hat, a pirate hat and I don't know where the drat D-hilt Bowie got to, I know I picked it up...

We Are Murderhead

Lemmy the Pirate King (early version - needs to be barefoot and either no shirt/open to the navel and frilly, and no drat suspenders.)(Also needs the pirate sword, which I did get, but not when I took the pic.)

Robbed a poker game in St. Denis. Hid behind a counter when the cops showed up. Cops walked through, looked at the covering players, couldn't see me, so they left. (Actually waited out the investigation lol. Stay fetal, guys...) Someone saw me loot the dead guard so they realerted,, Ran out, roof to roof to fall off a roof, bounce off a gazebo or something, finally hit the ground in front of a rifle-armed cop - who gets punched the gently caress out. Ran, chased by about six more cops, go to my (fleeing) horse, and managed to get out into the swamps and out of sight.. but a bounty on my head.

$5.00.

Also hosed up robbing the Rhodes gun shop - if you take cover behind the front counter, the only way in in through the front door. You can stack bodies so high in the doorway that no one can get in, and they get stuck in the corpses until you add to the pile. The usual Rockstar "fort up at the safehouse until dead, out of ammo, or bored".

Now to play with settings and see if I can make it prettier...

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Hakarne posted:

Even better, it was for shooting my 100th person in the back.

poo poo like that is why I love free aim sessions. Instead of just seeing who mashes their aim key the fastest you get hijinks like this. I always think of the line from Unforgiven about how being a good shot or quick with a pistol is nothing compared to being cool-headed. And it's so true, especially in this game. And when you both lose your cool shenanigans happen (they caught me reloading right after another firefight so I was def rattled).

Old shooter saying, not necessarily Olde West: "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast." Once you have the movement down, then you can work on speed. Even in a videogame, which is ridiculously easier. (Can't really pull off a "I'M THE FASTEST AAAAAH gently caress I KNEECAPPED MYSELF ON THE DRAW!" injury in-game, as far as I've seen.)

Got a weird thing popping up. In the map, East Grizzlies, just north of the Legendary Bear, there's a marker for a Cali Bighorn Sheep. If I move my map crosshairs over it, I get a "Wanted: Dead or Alive" warning. Since I don't get one for the red-tinted fort nearby, I suspect it's a minor glitch that should be on the fort. (Might have pissed off the sheep, I dunno.)

Also found the reason I was having variable luck with Deadeye activation: do not use the scope. You can Eagle-Eye with the vitals-vision while scoped, but apparently you can't mark.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

*Finally* a perfect badger pelt! Reddit post said that a couple badgers sleep under the dreamcatcher tree near the "N" in "Heartlands" on the map.

And afterwards, of course, heading down to the swamps to get a kitty, stumble into a random Pristine badger. One Florida Panther with an arrow sticking through it's head like Steve Martin, satchel crafted, and I'm ready to go get a cougar for the Lootmaster 9000 bag, and...

...wait, Pearson already had everything for that.

Oh well. Am now killing/hoovering all the materials, ingredients, random loot and provisions across the world. Also making dangerous choices - cleaned out a Lemoyne resupply, and decided to haul the wagon off to the fence for some cash. All those boxes of ammo and dynamite are cosmetic, right?

CapnBeeb linked me to a video he did. They're not cosmetic. Forty bucks is forty bucks, though.

Still not 40% done with the game, still haven't unlocked fishing. Other than "fill my bag", think I'll try knocking off some more Legendary critters, then maybe steal that oil-tank wagon for the job...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Glenn Quebec posted:

Fyi it seems to reset your graphic settings each patch lol

Pain in the dick, that is. I just used the recently-posted optimization settings, and it immediately boosted my benchmark framerate to 80 FPS, and looked even prettier than before.