Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
The hosed up Mexican pimp, American Appetites, the flowers mission and the opium addict have stuck in my mind over time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Did anyone NOT hogtie the sick woman and drop her in front of the doctor just for the hell of it ...or just me

Also american appetites, the guy in love with a horse and funny guy I think had ok endings. Also that scientist in blackwater even if he was product of his time racist

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Ahhh forgot how lovely the story turns out for the revolutionary Mexican woman. That one just pissed me off.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
OHOHOHO touché we got a battle goin boys

Over who fucks jetcity’s wife the best

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Think this will be my first time actually turning off the map and hud in a game and immersing

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I havent kept up with the thread since I started playing so it may have been repeated a billion times but it cant be stated enough loving SAVE BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING OF ANY IMPORTANCE. Love the game but the weird sluggish controls will have you doing all kind of poo poo you dont mean to do and the auto save tends to want to save riiiight after you gently caress up

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Oxxidation posted:

i hope they're planning to follow up on what the hell is happening in Emerald Ranch later in the story because every time i go there i feel like the hard-eyed priest in a horror film investigating the dilapidated chapel no one in the village talks about anymore

Yea same. I’ve put in 10 plus hours and still in chapter 2 but did a random stranger mission dropping a lady off there. Arthur’s reaction to her saying she lived in emerald ranch (emerald ranch?? 🤔) has to mean something

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Well poo poo just hit chapter 3 and one of the girls complained we never hit the bank in valentine. When she mentioned it before I was thinking it was a story mission coming up but I’m guessing it was optional?

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

The_Rob posted:

You'll do it later on in chapter 3. It's a really good mission.

Cool thanks :cheers:

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
The legendary grizzly hat should stay in your inventory right?

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Where do I find the option to change my horses mane

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

tjones posted:

Someone on the RDR2 reddit thought to steal a train, load it with animal pelts and then drive it into Saint Denis and stop just outside the butcher shop. They said they named it the profit rocket.

I'm impressed.

Hahaha

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Slim Killington posted:

Spoiler for anyone disarming all the gunslinger side mission people, when you get to the very end, you cannot disarm the last duel. He will die no matter where you hit him. Don't be like me and waste 12 attempts trying.

Oh wait gently caress you aren’t supposed to kill them?! I’m new gaming

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Seems like that gives the law a lot of time to blast your rear end for stealing a train

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I sunk more hours in rdr1 playing poker than anything else but it was way more fun to cheat

Feel like dominoes may be my time sink in this one

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I’m half a man who hates jump scares. On the money collecting mission involving the cougar, has anyone just laid bait near the entrance and waited?

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Re: that cougar cave mission

On the minuscule chance anyone else is as big a wimp as me. the cougar doesn’t spawn until you find Winston’s body and it’ll pop up on your mini map. not as nerve wracking as it looked to be

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I was too busy waiting for the cue to throw his rear end on the fire but is the homestead robbery tip the sexual predator gives you an actual house to look for? It didn’t pop on my map

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Ok so in Rhodes chapter 3 was exploring near the gunsmith store and heard what sounded like some serious domestic abuse but couldn’t find it anyone know where or what I’m talking about

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

ughhhh posted:

tap left on the d pad i think. that should bring up a active mission tab that shows home invasions, store robbery tips that you have collected.

Thanks

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Ah gently caress. That was kind of getting to me, hearing it. Maybe it’ll show up again

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Where are the father and the sons located

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Zaa Boogie posted:

Right outside of Valentine. If you look for smoke you should be able to find them.

Thanks. Not sure why it took me 3 chapters to actually get in my exploration bag but it’s a lot of great scenes to happen upon with no indicator anything would be there at all

Anything new to the incestual farming couple after you first meet them? Or is that it? I was so freaked after dinner I just left. Probably missed a lot of good loot

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Braincloud posted:

Did you drink with them? Cuz you really need to sit down and keep drinking with them.

I drank with them and left after one :/

I really think I’m going to load up my chapter 2 save. I’m in no rush to finish anyway

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Yea and it’s cool how Arthur’s personality allows for that

Like someone posted earlier, in rdr it’s clear Marston was an EX con.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Yea same except dynamite. Really cool that it’s an option

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
The place you find Dutch’s pipe was certainly neato

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Am I the only idiot that constantly forgets you can deadeye animals when hunting

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Strangers and vendors will sometimes refuse to talk to you if you’re wearing a mask

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

DogonCrook posted:

That rdr2 mysteries thread is pretty good they packed a lot of stuff into here to find. Somebody found dutchs lost pipe when he loses it in ch2 he hosed off to some cabin to write love poems about his dead girlfriend and he left his pipe there.

There is EC on the desk laid out in matchsticks nobody knows what it means and in the drawer on a ledger he carved "you want punishment" which is the cheatcode to raise your wanted level.

I’m pretty sure that’s the dead guys stuff that you find in the cabin

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Just go into a police station and antagonize until the surrender option comes up.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Does anyone else make sure they yell out to the lookout guarding camp every time you ride in to let them know it’s you? :frogbon:

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I may be playing this too much. Saw a plume of smoke while driving and for a split second instinctively turned the steering wheel in that direction

Also I’m taking really nerdy lame pride in having got this day one and just recently starting chapter 4 and as a bonus haven’t not been spoiled. Taking it slow with all the side missions 😬

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Sorry if this is on every other page but I haven’t checked in here since 11/2018

For whatever reason I hadn’t been interested in rdr online until now. I’m assuming there’s some kind of goon posse to sign up with? Wasn’t in the OP

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Thanks I’ll add a few of you guys on PS4

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Ok google is failing me here. I want to start up moonshining. I met with Maggie. Had to step away and missed the cutscene, scene over and I have no idea what I need to do to actually start. I don’t see any icon on the map related to moonshine to travel to. Anyone remember the next step?

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

iirc you have to actually buy your moonshine shack, possibly from the online menu under camps and properties?

That was it thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Using defensive mode on PS4 also protects you from random assholes