Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

global tetrahedron posted:

I've got an AMD FX 6300, GTX 950, 16GB RAM (built tower after going into PC supply store awhile back and saying 'give me what was hot poo poo like 6 months ago, not super knowledgeable on any of it). I know I won't be able to pull super ultra settings or anything, but a lot of the issues seem to be related not to system performance as much as system configuration and issues with the launcher, etc (i.e. people with really powerful setups still having problems). Anyone with a similar hardware setup to me been having any issues? Still have about 30 min on the download so mentally getting prepared for annoyance.

I feel like a gtx950 might really be pushing it, but also I don't know poo poo so :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

Cheap Shot posted:

-My horse randomly having balls sometimes and not others.

Fuckin :lol: cant wait to play this game

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Noone likes engaging you because you're only ever COMPLETELY OUTRAGED at whatever you're talking about and it's loving tedious to deal with. You don't actually want a conversation because you're already 100% convinced that your opinion on the matter is the only justifiable one.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
I had a dream last night that I was in-game and I got attacked by a chupacabra, looked like a coyote except it was hopping around on its back legs, crazy fast. I think my brain is telling me I need to stop...

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
re Collecting, should I be selling dupes I pick up or just hoarding them all for full sets?

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
The sp owns, especially if you're gonna enjoy roaming around on your horse in gorgeous scenery

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Are all the gripes about the controls from m&kb players? I play on pc with my old 360 controller and it's perfect. These sort of games have always been controller games for me.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Dang i'm getting close to the end of the story and it's really making me wish for a remake of rdr1.

Also playing the late-game while I have a gnarly cough and have to stop occasionally to hack a bunch of crap outta my lungs is pretty funny considering what Arthur's dealing with currently.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
I finally finished off the epilogue today, was like a super chill catharsis to both games to see John, Abigail & Jack actually have some positive interactions for once

Now I'm kinda torn between just roaming around doing the side-stuff, challenges etc, or if I should jump into the online mode.

Also I've been roaming around down in New Austin killing Del Lobos and at an abandoned farm outside Armadillo there was a skeleton of a "Donkey Woman" tied to a millstone. Like a human skeleton with a Donkey skull, it was weird as hell and I gtfo asap.

Also Also The Skinner Gang stuff is pretty ott, every time I go through Tall Trees now it's like Halloween funhouse levels of carnage in there.
I found myself wondering if the Native Americans in the gang are a result of what happened to the Wapiti & Eagle Flies :smith:

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

dialhforhero posted:

So when I play online I get the FFFFFFF error. Hooray.

I think it may be related to the G-Hub? I noticed last night I got some weird clicking in my headphones, which told me there was a voltage issue suddenly. I restarted my game and they went away. I played today and got it each time (4 times after any random thing, first time it was triggered by being in the Moonshine shack and opening up my catalogue). I looked up the issue and did the troubleshooting things but it doesn't really help. I opened up G-Hub after reading about someone correlating it to that, and noticed there WAS an update last night. Anyone else know what to do?

I get it now if i try to play online, I only noticed today, it's been a few weeks since I played online last. Weirdly I can still play story mode fine :shrug:

e] I have no idea how to fix it, google wasn't very helpful, just standard verify files, restart, update drivers etc. None of that worked for me.

Radical 90s Wizard fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Jul 29, 2022

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
I just got the only wild Arabian I've seen in my entire playthrough run over by a train and knocked off a cliff. Don't play on rail bridges folks :negative:

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
In that last convo with the nun he also says he got the TB "beating a man to death for money" Was that one of the early Strauss collections or is it just a reference to something pre-game?

e] Yea I' had a massive gap between most of the game and finishing up my playthrough and I couldn't remember if there was a debt collection where someone was sick or not.

Radical 90s Wizard fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Jul 31, 2022

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
In more "Micah is an unbelievably huge piece of poo poo" news, I started a new playthrough and goddamn, after you kill the O'driscoll's at the Adler ranch he finds Sadie Adler, (either hiding or imprisoned in the cellar) and immediately starts terrorising her like an absolute psycho.
Arthur & Dutch are both just like :wtc: and it really highlights how different he is from the rest of the gang. Just the fact that he's with them at all kinda shows how much trouble they were in prior to the start of the game.

On a completely different note, had a funny moment playing the epilogue where someone mentioned the general store owner in Armadillo being a piece of poo poo, so I went to check it out and lo & behold, it's young Herbert Moon :haw:

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Skinny guy was probably the gross grave-robber dude.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Even in one of the very first missions (moving the camp from the snow to horshoe overlook) Dutch says something like
"I know how you two love to talk about the old days and how old Dutch is losin it"
to Arthur & Hosea.
They're clearly used to being voices of caution to Dutch's schemes and plans but that's seemingly been getting worse over time. Hence them sitting out the Blackwater job in favour of their own thing.
It makes sense to me that Dutch would get more desperate and reckless as he gets older and older without achieving the wealth and freedom he thinks he deserves. The whole game he's a dude who knows his time is running out.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
I lolled when the armoured Ned Kelly style enemy shows up in the Call to Arms wave defense mode in RDO.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Wait, I thought Lenny ran away from home instead of becoming a fancy pants lawyer or something?

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
I know I'm missing the point here but lol Bill absolutely got a dishonourabl discharge, you can read it in camp. i can't remember what it's for specifically, just being Bill I guess.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Yea she outright tells John "I want to die" during one of the bounties :smith:

I just found a letter on a Lemoyne Raider and it kinda blew my mind that they legit think they're a resistance movement fighting "opression & tyranny"

I'd always thought of them as Southern-flavoured O'Driscolls, just general bandits, not that they had like, an ideology.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Funnily enough after finding that letter, I saw an encounter where two of the raiders were executing two randos on a riverbank.
I was just floating past so I missed some dialogue, but as they turned to walk away, one of them started musing like "I can't help but think we'd have more success spreading the message if we stopped killing everyone we encounter"
So I guess that explains why I didnt know :haw:

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Don't you also get +honour for being nice to your horse :unsmith:

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
I installed the 4 seasons mod and Vestigia, but I might've used the wrong version because it says it's summer and 26 degrees, but it's not hot, and three was also a snowstorm in Valentine :psyduck:
Maybe I installed a climate change mod by accident.

Also I only just discovered that (o)possums will actually play possum if you get too close to them! You even get the skin/pick up carcass options, lol. This game...

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Man that Dynamic Seasons mod is real purty like, but in my game at least it doesn't seem to actually change the temperature at all. Mid-winter in New Hanover and it still just sits around 17-25. I'm only running it with Vestigia, so there shouldn't be any issues, but I dunno what else could have gone wrong. Think I'll just wipe it and go back to normal.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
I can never get over how happy Arthur sounds when you lasso someone and he goes "Fish on tha liiiine" it loving cracks me up every time.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Where the hell are all these dino bones, I cant find any to save my life :argh:

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

Wolfsheim posted:

Actually looking for collectibles the normal way in a R* game is a fool's errand, use https://rdr2map.com/

lol okay yea, after checking out the first few around New Hanover, some of them I wouldn't have recognised if I was standing right beside them.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

LeeMajors posted:

I can’t get through a high honor play through because I murder every Lemoyne raider i see, no matter where.

I'm just mucking around in chapter 2, and getting to Rhodes and beating the up all the lemoyne raiders that are hanging around talking poo poo is super satisfying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

Barry Foster posted:

I was genuinely a good (cow) boy, but I exterminated every klansman I saw with extreme prejudice

And that eugenicist guy

Again, I'm always impressed with RDR2 and its nuanced depiction of the period. It's so easy to think everyone in The Past was racist, homophobic, etc. But people were all kinds, just like they are now, and it's not in the least bit implausible that this tough outdoorsman would despise racists, and be friends with fancy lads

You can just beat the poo poo out of the dudes that show up in Rhodes and nobody cares, lol.

e] Yea and it's robbing them that gives you the honour hit, too.

Radical 90s Wizard fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Jan 28, 2024