Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
RDR2 on PC will be my first RDR experience

how much is it structured like GTA, and what is the online experience like? I generally did not like GTA V Online.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dick Jones posted:

In general, it's more solemn and slow-paced than GTA. If GTA draws from Michael Bay/Fast & Furious movies, Red Dead is more of an Unforgiven/Deadwood vibe. There's much more world detail & immersion. Your home base is an organic part of the story instead of just a bed & a garage. Some mission types are similar to GTA, but there are some clever and very memorable missions scattered throughout the single player story.

RDO tends to be less chaotic than GTAO. People aren't yelling racial slurs at each other in the public voice channel. No k/d warriors in military vehicles repeatedly killing you. No power-creep bullshit like the orbital cannon. And there are ways to make money besides doing risky shipments in a vulnerable, slow-moving vehicle. Most of the time people stay out of your hair unless you happen to wander into a big PVP shootout going on in one of the towns.

That sounds perfect! I'm excited!!!!!

eonwe fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Nov 3, 2019

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

i must compose posted:

So is there an epic store preload?

that feature literally doesn't exist

You could preload Borderlands because Epic had Gearbox do it

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
If you need a discord for online and there isnt one, let me know. I can add a channel to the one I admin.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm at work for another 8 hours so no rush, but if anyone figures out a fix for the "Rockstar game launcher exited unexpectedly" error, that'd be sweet.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
holy poo poo lmao, people were right

I had to update my BIOS before the game would work

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

Disable your anti-virus or put RDR2 as an exception.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

cheesetriangles posted:

I got called the R slur and chinese because I forgot to plugin my mic. They didn't shoot me though.

they should not have called you a Rockstar employee

im very sorry

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

For those of you still having launcher issues, someone on reddit found a hacky way around it

https://www.reddit.com/r/PCRedDead/comments/dsfnjm/rdr2_launch_issues_megathread_day_two/f6pu8da/

holy poo poo lol

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Capn Beeb posted:

This got me past the launcher, but I just get infinite loading screens on both single player, the benchmark, and online. But hey, at least it's something. Seeing folks suggesting it needs to call home at least once and the workaround prevents that.

I believe what you do is you get it to launch with this, then you roll back and use the launcher and it should start working, for some reason.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
so Ive made nearly no progress

I love the very slow and deliberate pacing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I bought RDR2 on PC a while back but even though my specs are perfectly fine for it at 1440p it just ran like garbo. I saw RDR2 for like $25 on the PS store so I went ahead and picked it up. I'm kinda hoping PS4 / PS5 will share RDR Online, but I'm assuming they wont