Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

the fun is where you find it really online.
the stories are not that flash but the trades are a good source of gold and cash and arent as grindy as their gtao equivalents.

there are still random strangers needing help/trying to trap you. barking dogs to follow. a shitload of treasure maps. if you want more RDR after the story its a change but its good.

its still a bit shaky and probably always will be to an extent. disconnects are the most common hassle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Just the posse leader. You can do bounties without the license if you get into a group running them.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Along those line, collecting is super chill and you find some ambient stories along the ways, a lot of gang hideouts herbs and treasure too. Its cool as hell. I use cinematic mode a fair bit too.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Noirex posted:

I meant cougars, jfc was I tired. Anyway, I found enough by camping at the valley for 5 nights straight. So glad that challenge is done, that was a pita.

i have some bad news for you, dont get too hung up on completing them all if you haven't seen the bullshit in the gambling ones.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Sipher posted:

I spent about 2 hours hunting, and decided to check out this wagon sloped on the side of a hill. Whoops I slid through it and died, all my poo poo is gone. Cool.

I had finally found a session with animals, with my camp in it and had stolen a second horse for some hunting. I get two perfect deers and 3 or 4 good rabbits and get back to camp to summarily disconnected.

Go back in, no animals this time but I have my camp. I do one of the supply runs, arrive back at camp with my wagon and disconnect.

The game can be incredibly frustrating but Im gonna get trader to 20 dammit.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Volatile fire bottle rain from a rooftop into a crowded street is too fun
:dance: :derp: :supaburn:

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

One day some will merge controller haptic feedback and intuition with KB&M and that person will no doubt be a rich arsehole.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

pmchem posted:

Poker is silly easy to make money in RDR Online; some people will max play any hand they're dealt.

ive had real trouble finding a game againt players. do u host them and invite or what?

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

pmchem posted:

Neat, what's it called / when can you get it?

edit: also, another question -- does it matter if you die during a bounty mission (frontier role quest) in RDR online?

reduced payout or any penalty for dying? (online only)

On one star difficulty you get two lives. That goes down on subesequent runs, eventually you'll need to do them without dying. If you run out of lives you can try again.

Edit: thats for legndaries. In regular bounties you can die over and over, no biggie.

Sleekly fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Dec 2, 2019

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

pmchem posted:

great!

for bounty rewards, you get: xp, gold and dollars. If you bring the target in dead, are gold or xp reduced? I know dollars are reduced.

I'm not acutally sure for XP or gold but its a safe bet.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Professorjuggalo posted:

I stopped at the start of season 2 last year but I think ill jump back on that saddle

When the heck can we start talking about the story already, quit playing RDO people

lol no.
I'm on ps4 so completed the story a long time ago. RDO is showing signs of actually becoming fun and entertaining after a long long wait.

It was a great story. I've been spoiler wary so just not mentioning it too.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Hakarne posted:

I love being at the end of a mission and getting

"You have been disconnected due to a fault in Rockstars ;alkdjfa;lkjfdalfkj"

gently caress YOU YOU FUCKERS.

:rockstar:

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

That's rockstar. It may be superstition but doing a hard reset on the modem before sitting down to play seems to help. It still happens though.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Anime Store Adventure posted:

That’s what I was afraid of. I was really, really hoping there was something I could tweak on my end because while I really dig CowboysWithFriends, it’s almost unplayable when I’m getting kicked randomly every 15-45 minutes.

I've tried port forwarding and also using the DMZ but nothing seems to improve it. If you learn anything do let the thread know!

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

No idea! I'll check it later. I get the same problems with GTAO too but any other online thing runs just fine, I've always just figured its rockstar but honestly I have no idea.

At least in RDO you're back, usually in the same place you left much faster than GTAO

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

People feel quite safe to go AFK in RDO. The lack of any player blip must fool them into thinking there is no one for miles and miles. But really there is a crazed slightly bored collector who hasnt shot anything in ages (a minute or two) who will do a public service by removing these fools off the road on my way to the next macguffin.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

I love my Arabian but if I know things are gonna get fiesty its stable time for twinkletoes.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Dameius posted:

Litchfield all the way. Just be better at aiming and it's not a problem. :smuggo:

But really they are both good. Meaning Litchfield and Lancaster.

And when you do get good at aiming use the Springfield instead cos you won't need to shoot more than once :smug: :smuggo:

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Slightly related the Rolling Rock rifle with extended scope can kill people from very very extremely far away. I was on a ridge looking for animals so i had a great view. i saw a horse galloping way way off real fast, too fast for an npc and too far to appear on my map. i didnt think itd work but i led the shot a bit and boom! Sleekly killed Whoeveritwas.

Nothing they could have done to avoid it and we were both blue and he wasn't on my radar so for them it would have been galloping galloping galloping dead.

If you can see something in the glass you can hit it, even if that thing is almost on the horizon.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Capn Beeb posted:

The rolling block just makes me hope we get the buffalo rifle back, give me a giant boomy single shot rifle with irons.

I'd forgetten that thing. Yes. And for the nth time gimme my goddam buffalo back

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

The knockback on that buffalo rifle was extreme!
Come for the kill.
Stay for the ragdoll show.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Bullfrog posted:

did the legendary bounty in online where you have to capture the anarchist and his crew of militant leftists.

I'm sorry bro :(

Same. He was really likeable.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Orv posted:

Second, fire kills horses very, very effectively. Distressingly so. Molotovs in PvP, people.

Incendiary buckshot is similarly effective.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

LNELLY that you?
BENNY

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Was there any indication about the relative cost of the Speakeasy update? I figure I'll need 50 gold and 10k-ish in cash, but I can see them making this one a huge money sink.

Super curious how a building is gonna work with a bugged out camp.
It may be location based, good central spots costing more ala GTA

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Was very happy to discover that if someone blows your hunting wagon, with its load of perfect carcasses, that the animals come back when the wagon does. I was fully expecting to have lost it all.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Yeah 13th for that. Remains to be seen if it also fixes campsites and animal spawns. I have shitloads of gold and cash from collecting so I'll buy in as soon as I can. I think you need to have at least 5 levels in trading to start.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

i know it counts for nothing but i never used dead eye in either game except for flocks of birds. at the time RDR was out it seemed like a copy of the thing from Max Payne, which just took all the shooting out of the shooting but gave slo mo blah blah

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

25 is a hell of a step up from 15

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Orv posted:

Real life inflation has nothing on Rockstar online services.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

like i have 60 odd gold but expecting people with lives to have ground out that much is knowing your player base i guess

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

:rockstar:

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

pmchem posted:

Anyone have a link to a page that lists all the moonshiner story missions and how to activate them? I did the first post-cook, 'blood is thicker than shine', and now I just have the option to do that one again. I was kind of expecting a new mission. Are they unlocked by role rank, # of deliveries, or what...?

I think its rank. I did the first one and by then I could do a sale. That gave me a level or two and then the next was open to me.

I gotta say they really didnt skmip on fuckin NPC adversaries in them either. Those tax guys spawn like germs. They've reminded me a bit of the end game story stuff. Just waves and waves of them. Followed by more. The post office guy is getting sick of my lovely face.

Sleekly fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Dec 15, 2019

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

twistedmentat posted:

I don't want to dip into MP until i get more of a handle on the game itself in SP, but I've just gotten to the part where the first camp is after the snow section. I assume at this point I can gently caress off and do what I want, doing missions or ignoring them as I please?

Mostly I want to replace this Cattleman Revolver.

If anything online is a bit stripped down from SP. The world is very much a world but there is no leap of skill needed. Its actually emptier unless you go raise hell in Saint Denis or somewhere. If you got your guys out of the snow in the story you know all you need to know really.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Seems like if you pick up an instrument and jam with the band in your shine shack you don't get kicked for idling. I dunno if there is any AFK grinding to do in RDRO mind you.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Paperback Writer posted:

I guess it’d come in handy if you want your trader/moonshine deliveries to build up

Kinda a moot point anyways right now, the server will inevitably kick you sooner or later regardless.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Jimbot posted:

Not a fan of the "poison the still" bootlegger missions. 90% of the time there are one point of entry with every angle of approach covered by several dudes within sight of each other so stealth killing them is impossible. If you manage to do that you can't poison the still from a place of hiding so you stand up, reveal yourself to the rest of the guards and it's just a waste of time. Whatever the gently caress "partial" credit is for those things is, it's a stupid mission type. Just let me murder everyone because your stealth mechanics aren't good enough neither is your encounter design, Rockstar.

Yeah I tried with the bow a few times but now I just start blasting and try to finish it quickly.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Capn Beeb posted:

I don't let them check me, as the only good revenue agent is a dead revenue agent. Just pull up a little short, hop off, and start ventilating those thieves.

:hai: kill em all

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

lol snow in tumbleweed. like i knew it would happen but snow in the desert is weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

If you are on ps4 and getting disconnected all the time try unlinking the ps4 from your social club account. its improved things for me but maybe i just really want it to work and am getting lucky.

https://www.reddit.com/r/reddeadred...tent=post_title