Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe
I'm looking for friends to play the RDR2 online with. I'm a disabled man with nothing but time on my hands but need someone to do stuff with. My PSN is BarkingSquirrel1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

titties posted:

I would play it with you but you unfriended me so now i won't :(

edit* Nevermind, I'm dumb and all stroked out

BarkingSquirrel fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Jun 3, 2019

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

KoRMaK posted:

i had no idea how to use those cards for like the first 4 months of this game. paint it black is what i used to use, but now for showdown modes i use a thing that makes it harder to get a head shot on me and recharges when i kill someone

Paint It Black is loving amazing with dual double barrel shotguns.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe
Does anyone have a clue why Daily Challenges would be disabled today?

I'm gonna be pissed if my 200+ streak is broken by this poo poo.

Thats MY corpse, underneath the corpse of my horse that I was riding behind a death screen saying I was trampled to death. By my horse. Somehow.

BarkingSquirrel fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Jul 24, 2019

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe
No, I had just logged on when that picture was taken. Bottom left states they are disabled.

BarkingSquirrel fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Jul 24, 2019

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

free hubcaps posted:

This happened to me today too. Log off and then back in, it should fix it

I had already tried that and it didn't work but what DID work(for some reason) was logging in after I completely shut off the PS4. I dunno man I just work here :shrug: Either way we're good now. Thanks guys.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

Reign Of Pain posted:

I reconnect all the time in order to get my camp where I want it and the stuff doesn't come back any more....seems like it takes a little over 24 hours to reset

Today is a good day to go for all 7 daily challenges since none of them are PvP.

Defend a campsite
Pick 5 English Mace(Rio Bravo)
Pick Evergreen Fuckleberries(Bluewater Marsh, Bayou NWA)
Skin 2 Iguanas
Sell 3 items to a fence
Tackle 3 non-player enemies
Use 5 tobacco products

Great I love when I can get 3.5 gold bars for almost nothing. Thats why I didn't want yesterday to ruin my streak. the difference between .4 bars and .5 bars doesn't sound like much but it is.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe
Arabians are... Tiny. So kawaii. Very cute. I prefer the bigger horses that DO have nerves of steel like the Foxtrotters or Turkomans that don't freak out and buck you every time a mouse farts.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe
I would go with the American Standardbred at that level. But I'm not the best on low rank horses. I just used the free Andalusian the gave out a while back to PS4 players until I hit 55 and got my beautiful fast as the wind, Missouri Foxtrotter. But that took A LOT of free roam mission grinding.

The best thing you can do for your horse is to fully bond it and get a Nacogdoches, or whatever its called, saddle with good stirrups.

BarkingSquirrel fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Jul 25, 2019

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe
The campsite attack just south of Valentine/citadel rock spawns almost every single time I head thru that area. Theres also that one stat spawns on the hill north east of the incest couple that spawns a lot. Try going into cinematic mode, getting the horse to speed and holding Options to bring up the map. The game HATES spawning ANYTHING if it thinks you could see it. You can't see it if you're looking at the map.

BarkingSquirrel fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Jul 26, 2019

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

its all nice on rice posted:

Just one of each legendary animal type. If memory serves, when you sell it to the trapper, you get enough uses out of the legendary Pelt to make every piece of the outfit.

You don't have to take the legendary animal pelt to the trapper. Merely killing it credits you to the trapper in regards to making his stuff, I killed the legendary bear and lost the pelt(I died afterwards) and I could still make the awesome legendary bear hat when I got to the trapper after dying and losing the pelt. Now the trinkets/talismans at the fences, I'm not sure about but I suspect they are 100% unaffected as you only lose pelts on your horse when you die.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

Phil Moscowitz posted:

Messing around in SP I just just came across a house “for sale” by Emerald Ranch, with a huge fenced lot. I’ve never seen this before so I guess it was added by an update. This is the kind of poo poo I was talking about—assuming this is going to be made available for RDO, would it really be that resource intensive to open it up for single player?

It shows up in the epilogue since release.

BarkingSquirrel fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Aug 6, 2019

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe
Oh boy! A blue poncho! BLUE!

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

Jimbot posted:

The 4 dollar hole in your pocket.

Pocket change.

Reign Of Pain posted:

They just help themselves to the change in the pockets of the dead....and they usually ain't got no loving shirts on either

Red Dead Redemption 2: Get murdered by a shirtless griefer in overalls so they can steal 8 cents from a corpse

Thats how I dress, or would if females could be shirtless, but I don't grief. If I'm attacked though... Well I have explosive rounds for every weapon type so they learn that error very quickly.

BarkingSquirrel fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Aug 11, 2019

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I guess I'm not going to bother doing the loving challenges then if this is the kind of poo poo they put in them.

I did it and I have brain damage from a stroke so you have zero excuse. IIRC it took 2-3 hours to get it done but it got done. I have a 100% save to prove it.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe
I have never gotten a Blue Screen on PS4 with Red Dead, now server disconnects? Constantly until this month then rarely.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe
The ones leaving San Denis are the best chance for that. Like go there, buy a ticket to Anneburg then wait until its left town(Unless you like swimming in the Law) then rob it.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe
Buy a ticket from usually the postoffice nearby. If you do it right away law will come an people will flee, hence why I said to wait until the train leave town again.

BarkingSquirrel fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Aug 18, 2019

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

Well ain't that a kick in the teeth. Didn't stop it from taking the map anyways...

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

Sax Solo posted:

Assuming that's a picture of opening a chest and getting nothing from it, I had that happen on that exact same chest. I whined to rockstar (and linked to a video) and they coughed up a gold bar and $175.

Thats exactly what its a picture of. I ain't gonna whine at anybody about it(I have $1k and 50 gold bars atm) I just thought it was exactly what I said it was - a kick in the teeth which I found funny.

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Can't rob passenger trains and can't capture wild horses in RDRO what's even the point :qq:

Mo $$$

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Like the writers were saying “oh you like being a bad dude, eh? How about being a truly bad dude?”

I'm fairly certain the only one you're FORCED to do is the one with Downes for fairly obvious reasons. All others are optional, including the forgiveness ones.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

Timeless Appeal posted:

I think you have to do at least one other to get the Downes mission to trigger.

Fun fact, if you avoid doing the initial Downes call, Strauss eventually calls you out on it and auto-puts you in the mission.
Alright I worded it incorrectly, I blame the stroke. But my point is still there, you don't HAVE to forgive anyone for anything if you don't want to.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

Capn Beeb posted:

It'd own huge if PvP damage was turned off entirely in free roam cause wowee I sure am getting sniped by random assholes a lot lately and it's not exactly thrilling.

I just introduce then to explosive rounds. Over. And over. And over, until they rage quit. Usually only takes 5 or so times. But each time you can laugh at them.

My dailies streak have reset because I just moved and it takes them a couple days to transfer my internet, so boo to that... Oh well, I can start again tomorrow.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

Dick Jones posted:

In my session she was in West Elizabeth, between the G and R of GREAT PLAINS on the map. I'm not sure when her location changes, though.

Whatever mongoloid waterbrained infant decided to make an important NPC that travels across the map decided not to give said NPC a map marker, needs to be shot in the dick. Repeatedly. Forever.

Tip: Easy materials for trader - Set you camp in Bayou NWA, get a Hunting wagon, and fill that bitch up with gators/gator skins. 5 carcasses(small gators only can be picked up) and I haven't reached to limit for skins yet before Cripps runs out of supplies and I gotta go back but its ALOT. More than 12, I had 4 of each star skin in my wagon at the end of one night of hunting. Plus 4 hogs.

BE the walking extinction.

BarkingSquirrel fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Sep 15, 2019

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

Super Foul Egg posted:

Crocs are easy kills but get relatively little return in terms of materials. For a trader tip that doesn't include being level 10 in trade, set up on some clear rolling plains like Heartlands and grab deer/bucks. You'll be maxed out in half an hour if you stash one while dragging another back with your lasso.

Or you could set up camp in Scartlett Medows and farm the Panther in the southern Lemoyne. One perfect will get you a HUGE chunk of the bar and its easy to farm a predator when poison arrors/knives break aggro instantly and lead to a 1 shot kill. Rockstar has given away a ton of poison poo poo lately.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe
Roaming collector bitch is at Limpany today.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe
All it does is disable lock on. For you and those trying to kill you. Its incredibly stupid and why I don't do defensive mode - when someone starts poo poo, it is immediately dealt with by high rank special ammo until the offender says gently caress this and leaves the session.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe
Welp, hit rank 20(max) Trader, time to get cracking on Collector, I'm only at 6 with it.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe
Am I the only one who's noticed a dramatic decrease in ambushes post Frontier update?

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe
I just kill em and take it. You get so much positive honor simply playing the game it sickening.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

Diephoon posted:

"Yeah he's a murderer that will kill you for the nickel in your pocket, but he takes good care of his horse and is resourceful!"

^^^ This person knows how the world works.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe
Anyone know where that gypsie gently caress is today?

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe
It leads to SJWs eating poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

Oh Snapple! posted:

:allears:

4chan is thataway.

Bullets to the brain are straight ahead Ladyboy. Since when did SOMETHINGAWFUL turn into a land of SJWs whining about MUH WIMMEN and poo poo like a bunch of faggots. Tip your fedora to wahmen all you want gaybo she'll never give you the pussy.

gently caress this poo poo, mods ban me if you want, I'm never coming back to this shithole. I don't want to be contaminated by the gay.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)