Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
If only you could round up a posse and clear people out who are camping quest givers and resource buyers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
None of this is fair because I want to play the game my own way and going online forces me to share a map with people who might have different agendas! Rockstar bubble wrap this poo poo asap, I don't have any friends or cowboy guns so I have no way to deal with jerks.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Amazing how they straight up called this a beta and people are still wrapping their heads around the idea there's missing content, bugs, and unfinished work to be done and coming to terms with "oh by Beta they meant BETA." :psyduck:

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Hugh Malone posted:

I tried it on a single action .22 revolver that was my Dad's. It was hold trigger, fan hammer. It didn't jam, but I'm sure it wasn't accurate at all, esp. in my pizza hooks.

We rented some Colt Single Action knockoffs at the range one time, had the same experience. They shot wonderfully the regular way which was a surprise with the big old honker .45LC rounds.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
How come all these yeehaws can catch themselves in a trap but I can't use one to catch all these tiny animals I can never find?

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Why has nobody talked about the most important part of this game yet?

The keyhole in the dooooooor!

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Just my favorite sing-a-long so far

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

If you go out and explore you can come across weapons hidden around the world in stranger encounters (not missions, just random people and places around the world).

Blast through the story missions till chapter 3 and then just chill and relax. There's a couple of money making story missions that ensure you have some cash.

Go forth and enjoy the world. There's a few stranger missions locked around later chapters, and the weapons unlock in later chapters, but there's a ton to do in the world.

Definitely do a thing with Bill in Chapter 3, then explore the three corners of the world that don't insta-kill you. Bring a pump with slugs.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Crows Turn Off posted:

I'm starting to think Carolina Parakeets don't exist in my game or something.

I've searched everywhere for these sons of bitches, all the places the internet says to try to find them, for days with no luck - real human days, not game days.

I've set up camp and slept, I've saved and loaded, what seems like two hundred times now, I cannot think of anything else I can do to find these birds.

If my playthrough is any indication just get the fastest horse you can and sprint all around the map and Arthur will roadkill several with his face. Just keep an eye out for the little black X, its more noticeable when you run over a turkey or rabbit, less so with the little birbs.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Seems easier to just go find the white Arabian If you don't get eaten by wolves or a bear the first four attempts like I did.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Whatever it was the first spawn I found for a fast horse, I didn't bother looking any more because it's fast enough I don't feel like Strawberry to St Denis takes all day

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

precision posted:

Oh cool they kept the one thing literally everyone loved about the first game:

loving mountain lion instakills even while riding on a road

Does mashing circle work? Seems to work on all the other predators with grapple kills

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

It's really bizarre that they keep using the Pinkerton name on purpose, especially now that they are owned by a parent company. Why would you intentionally associate yourself with a group that is mostly famous for breaking up labor strikes by throwing dynamite?

The kinds of businesses that hire them probably get a raging capitalist hard-on at the very thought

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

CJacobs posted:

Fishing with dynamite is the true Cowboy way to do things so I endorse it as a method. Robbing people with dynamite, removing Outlaws from this mortal plane with dynamite, opening the way to new opportunities in a more physical manner with dynamite. It's a universal lock picking tool.

If only it would open locked doors