Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

I wish I could name my horse I would name it boz skaggs.

Boz (work ya dang) Nags

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I hope the game has some of the same "mystical" tones that Red Dead Redemption had. Stuff like Tumbleweed, the Strange Man..

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Agean90 posted:

Honestly V's radio was mediocre as hell. Sleeping dogs continues to have the best radio of the GTA games after San Andreas

Nothing with Roundabout can be called "mediocre as hell" :colbert:

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Unlucky7 posted:

Well, hope you weren't expecting to get the game from your local street date breaking store!

https://twitter.com/kobunheat/status/1052990888207503360

This could be typical Rockstar corporate bullshit, but half of me wonders if there isn't some huge thing they're making absolutely sure does not leak.

But also I have horrible self control so I'm glad there will be no leaked streams/video to tempt me.

Pylons fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Oct 18, 2018

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

RCarr posted:

What happens to the guy on the right? He kind of just dies without the player even aiming at him?

The bullet goes through the middle guy and hits him.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Bardeh posted:

physics engine looks awesome. The way he just flops over looks disturbingly realistic

Reminds me of Mafia 3, which is a very good thing as far as dead guy physics goes.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I don't care a ton how it looks because I'm playing it on a 720p TV, but I hope it has a consistent framerate on the base xbox one.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Zotix posted:

I'm not too worried about quality, has anyone in any of the reviews mentioned any slowdown?

I think in the digital foundry video at the busiest part of the game they mentioned it got down to 24 FPS on the base xbox one? Doesn't sound bad, in any case.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

bloodysabbath posted:

Like, I disagree vehemently with people who want social issue stuff to tie in to reviews

Big surprise

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Just got past the blizzard and into Horseshoe Overlook. What mission unlocks the ledger so I can upgrade the camp with all the money I just dumped into it?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I can understand the polarizing opinions, but I'm absolutely in love with the deliberate pace of the game. Even the shooting is starting to click for me after a few missions with tons of it, and horseback shooting is actually dangerous compared to RDR where it was a snooze.

Pylons fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Oct 27, 2018

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I think I found a sasquatch skeleton?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Anyone know how to open the safe in the backroom at the doctors in Valentine?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Nolgthorn posted:

I spent so much time trying to figure out how to open it that essentially the entire town was outside. Then I spent too much time trying to open the barricaded back door. Eventually I understood and it was all clear, I had to kill everyone in the whole town.

I never opened the safe. I watched someone else play the thing and they didn't open the safe either. I also realised at that moment that I left all the bonds on the table.

I read elsewhere that you have to have a stick of dynamite out, then you approach the safe and there'll be a prompt to stick it to the safe? I chucked my only dynamite by accident so I haven't been able to confirm (and I haven't found any more dynamite) so I don't know.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Extremely important tip: Double-tap L1 (or LB) with a revolver out to spin it before you holster it.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I think I'm finally getting the hang of non-lockon aiming. Really helps that getting a heart shot is basically the same as getting a headshot, so you can aim for center mass.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Five Finger FIllet is tough as hell. I hope the "progress" in it resets because I can't get past level 3.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

How do I get perfect quality rabbit pelts? Shooting them with a regular arrow ruins it, and shooting them with a small game arrow doesn't kill them and also ruins it.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

The Van Hoorn Trading Post is incredible. Might be my favorite town in the game as far as atmosphere.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Wow. "The Iniquities of History" might be my favorite stranger mission in the game.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Man, the mission in Saint Demis in the cemetary would be incredible if they did another undead nightmare

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

thebardyspoon posted:

She showed up at camp? Huh, for me I went back and he'd died and Arthur threatens to kill the son as well. "Maybe when your mothers done mourning your father, I'll keep her in black on your behalf!". Definitely the most hosed up thing he's done in the game so far imo.

I actually got a tip to go to that house for a robbery before I got the debt collection, so I killed both the guy and his son.. kinda not great when I went back there to get the debt.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

tjones posted:

Hah, thats cute. If you don't believe multiplayer will instantly turn into a roaming murdering cloud of chaos you are either very naive or haven't played an online Rockstar game before.

Personally I'm hoping for no player markers so that's less of an issue.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Diabetic posted:

So I feel I either missed it or I'm just stupid but hope someone can help out with this:

Spoilers for First Stranger Quest in Valentine:

I did the quest finding all the different people to talk to about the drunk gunslinger in the bar in Valentine. Black Belle, Billy Midnight, Granger, and the guy up north that I forget his name. I've done all of them, taken photos of the corpses, and I didn't get anything for it.
When I go back to the bar the writer isn't there, am I supposed to find him somewhere else or how does it work?

It continues way, way later.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Beginning of Chapter 5 spoiler: Well.. poo poo. I most certainly was not expecting this little area.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

JBP posted:

I wasn't so subtle when I dissolved his head with buckshot.

Death was too good for him. Better for him to live as a broken down relic until he dies, miserably.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Killcams with the maxim gun are so brutal.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

cheesetriangles posted:

Kinda lovely how END GAME SPOILERS you lose all your money after you beat the game

I've read that you get it back. I'm hoping so, at least.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

End game spoilers: I've gotten emotional over a lot of moments in this game, but none quite as much as seeing Armadillo again.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Slim Killington posted:

Endgame companion missions spoiler, but I think I feel the most bad for Leopold Strauss. Guy was just plying his particular outlaw trade and Arthur just removes him from the group unceremoniously. Dutch, Micah, Bill are all a thousand times worse, but his particular evil makes Arthur feel guilty so he excommunicates him? That's kind of bullshit.

To be fair His particular brand of evil probably gave Arthur his tuberculosis, so it's hard to blame him for being pissed, even if unreasonably, at Strauss.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Slim Killington posted:

I don't disagree at all, it was just an odd person to pick on at that specific time. My "enough is enough" moment would have been directed at very different people at this chapter, story-wise. This is by far not the worst thing the gang has done.

I must have seriously missed something because I don't remember that happening at all, even in passing. Was it Mr. Thomas? I don't even recall that being implied.

End-game spoiler: Yeah, if you read Arthur's journal, he mentions that that's how he thinks he got it. He could be wrong, but it's certainly implied.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

heckyeahpathy posted:

Is there a reason I don't have survivalist challenges yet? I'm in chapter 3, and it seems like I should have them by now.

I didn't get them until I beat the game.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Jesus, does this game ever stop stepping on its own feet?

It's really irritating. I think RDO is a lot better than GTAO in a lot of ways, but my loving god is it buggy as hell.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Capn Beeb posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUDoY6WDh3o

Wasn't this bad the first week of Frontier Pursuits. I think it was because folks hadn't come back yet, then word got out that hey this is fun and there's poo poo to do and that influx of players broke animal spawns and camps.

It's also on sale right now for $35 (or at least, it was on the playstation store).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

KoRMaK posted:

drat and just thinking about bounty hunting when I want to got me excited. Makes me wonder about the trader but too bad it's all hosed for now.

I love Trader when it works. Probably the chillest thing in the game is just setting up camp somewhere and hunting close to it, and I don't even have the wagon yet.