Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Autistic Speculum
Apr 9, 2009

webmeister posted:

It’s happening worse in cut scenes which doesn’t make any sense, the first couple of shoot-outs have been fine

I'm having the same issue. I tried switching from Vulcan to DX12, Fullscreen, Windowed, Windowed Borderless, vsync on and off. No luck yet. Looks like it's happening to a lot of other people also.
i5-7600k
1060 6gb
SSD.
I also am using a a G-Sync on a FreeSync monitor. Hope that isn't the issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Autistic Speculum
Apr 9, 2009
I'm reading that i5 CPUs are having the stutter issue that happens every 30 seconds or so, and there will be a patch sometime today.

Autistic Speculum
Apr 9, 2009

Toaster Beef posted:

Never mind what I said earlier, this thing hitches loving terribly. Good lord.

I was having the same issues. I'm using process lasso, and I limit rdrd2.exe to 97% and reduce by 1 core. Haven't had a stutter since. There are some posts on r/PCRedDead with other tweaks.

Autistic Speculum
Apr 9, 2009

Toaster Beef posted:

Update on this: the Rockstar Launcher apparently does not like Process Lasso. The game did pretty well for a while, then supposedly crashed. I say supposedly because according to the Launcher, the game was still open. I eventually just shut the whole system down out of frustration.

God drat, Rockstar.

drat. Are you using the CPU limiter for Rockstar Launcer or the RDR2 exe itself? I'm using it for RDR2.exe only.

Autistic Speculum
Apr 9, 2009
This game is fun but super janky. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but how do I ride the horse straight and shoot without turning where my mouse is aiming? I guess I'm used to ARMA where I hold ALT to look in a different direction.

Autistic Speculum
Apr 9, 2009

Jeremor posted:

i5 7600k GTX 1070, 16gb ram... getting the hitching issue pretty much constantly. I've tried the BES cpu limiting thing and also setting some of the settings down, but now it's just sort of stuttering constantly instead of outright freezing up for seconds at a time. Very annoying to play. Not real sure what else to do at this point.

Check out the Lasso Process stuff. They have said there is an issue with i5 processors. It hasn't been perfect for me, but better than default settings. I was playing for a couple of hours today without any stutters and it came back. I had to reboot my computer and it got better. But the issue seems to happen when the i5 CPU hits 100%. I bet they will fix it quite soon.

Autistic Speculum
Apr 9, 2009
How am I supposed to duel someone? If someone is talking poo poo, they just do a fist fight. The only time it did happen, the dude was drunk and passed out. I wonder if I just need to progress in the story for a while. I'm in ch 2, and mostly gambling and completing challenges.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Autistic Speculum
Apr 9, 2009
Trying the patch now. It looks like you have to edit the launch options because the stuttering fix isn't enabled by default:

-cpuLoadRebalancing

https://support.rockstargames.com/articles/360038940333/Graphics-stuttering-or-stalling-in-Red-Dead-Redemption-2-on-PC

e: this fixed it for me.

Autistic Speculum fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Nov 14, 2019