Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

Hey guys, I know this probably isn't the best thread to ask but I figure a lot of you will be using PS4 Pro's so might have some experience.

I am thinking of getting a PS4 Pro, I don't have a 4k TV but i do have a 2160p monitor. If I plug my PS4P into that, will the game display at 2160p or will I get some sort of butchered downgrade?

I have a PS4 currently, do you think the upgrade will be worth it if I'm not using 4k? I'd like the framerate to stay at 30 as much as possible generally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

Nolgthorn posted:

This is the first time I've seen cars confirmed in the game carriages and it looks beautiful.

That isn't a car, its a horse drawn carriage. I can't imagine cars will be around at this point, but it'd be cool if they were!

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

MonkeyLibFront posted:

As a non technical person can I get the app for my pc?

You could probably use an android emulator. They're pretty easy to setup. Bluestacks is ok.

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

Anyone else seeing tons of input lag?

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

Okay so how do I unlock stuff in the gunsmith? A lot of the weapons are showing as locked currently which is fair enough, but if I have to find them in the world before they unlock in the gunsmith, why would I ever buy one if I've already picked it up?

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

Zaa Boogie posted:

Yeah, you can. You can store up to 4 outfits besides your custom one on your horse through your wardrobe at camp or at a hotel room. You can swap on the fly from the Horse menu.

Also, the bandana does work for small crimes, but if you've been wearing the same outfit in the area of ages you'll get identified on larger crimes. I changed my outfit before robbing a back room and they didn't know who I was. Looks like you can get away with it quite a bit.

Also, in your horse menu you can find a full face mask rather than a bandana. Not sure what the difference is though?

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

So I'm trying to get that racoon hat from the guy in the valentine bar, however I've not seen him in there for ages. I've been in there about 10 times too, I remember him being there quite often.

It's possible I may have killed him previously by accident. I don't think so however? Does anyone know if you kill him does he never come back?

Also, can I get that racoon hat another way? Via hunting or anything like that?

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

Also, my game lost my lancaster repeater. Do we know why the game keeps losing guns?

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

Okay so funny how this games works sometimes.

So I wrote before about how my Lancaster repeater got deleted from existence. I decided to go hunting to make some money back for it.

I'm on my way back to the trapper, I crest a hill and there is a guy on a horse coming up the other side. We collide in a very exciting 1899 road accident. I have to put all my game back on my bloody horse, what a mess.

What do I see lying next to the dead body of the other guy? A shiny new Lancaster repeater.

Okay thanks game.

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

Fedule posted:

Let's all give a big hand to the genius who decided to put a proximity-based trigger for Ch4's big point-of-no-return mission right on the shortest path between Arthur's bed and the camp exit.

I just wanted to go into town to bling out my Mauser.

I thought the Mauser unlocks in chapter 5?

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

Fedule posted:

6, technically, but Bronte drops one during the previous mandatory plot mission. You can grab and keep and customise it (but still can't buy a secondary).

I'm at a bit of an impass. I've heard people prefer to stay at like, chapter 3 and do all their exploration then etc due to plot stuff.

I want to get a mauser, but everyone says it's better to stay in the earlier chapters because it's more fun etc to explore or something?

Can someone PM me why people are saying the earlier chapters are better for exploration etc? And I'm not talking about the big endgame spoiler.

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

doctor 7 posted:

I got jumped by a random event ambush.

I left Saint Denis and after crossing a bridge about 6 guys and a gattling gun just opened on me. I was killed pretty quick.

I would have been OK with this except the game forces you to come to a complete loving halt from galloping when you encounter events (same thing happened when I was racing for a horse challenge and some lady stopped to ask me to race her, Morgan loving slowed down and nearly stopped, gently caress off lady I am in a race already). So my character stops, in the loving open, and I only really regain full speed after I'm being shot at by half a dozen people.

Really frustrating to get killed by loving stupid gameplay mechanics than me being dumb or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Gm7BLqWjpg

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

Chapter 4 spoilers:

So I've just attacked Bronte's mansion, and now I'm unable to drop pelts off at the camp because Pearson is locked. Do I have to do another mission or have I hit some point of no return?

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

There is an update. 1.03, 5.4gb

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

So, does anyone have any idea exactly what time the PC release is going to unlock? Are we going to be able to VPN it?

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

I'm running a 1080TI and a 9800k and I'm getting some disappointing results. 30fps or so @ 1440p everything on ultra.

Can anyone check the performance tab of task manager while running? My GPU is only getting up to 30% and my CPU is only getting to 20% or so, really weird.

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

So my issue is that performance is all over the place. One second I'll be getting 60fps, perfect and then I'll take 5 steps and it drops to 35fps or so. But if I go back to where I was at 60fps it goes back, looking at the same area so it's not a rendering issue. It's loving bizzare.

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

Do we have a PC discord?

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

Anyone got the message on PC they got a free raccoon hat for setting up 2 step verification? Where do I find it?

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

Orv posted:

Bounty Hunter is a farmable source of gold (though not in vast amounts, it's still a grind) but Collector will drown you in several thousand dollars if you want to buy things. Not sure on Trader.

I went collector at the behest of goons and did two round trips of the entire map (getting all the tarot cards) and it got me around 20 levels and multiple thousands of dollars in about 6 hours. You earn zero gold, though.

I would heavily recommend getting the shovel and metal detector at your first convenience. You'll spend $1000 on it, but it'll pay for itself fairly quickly. Just started the trader, so far not too impressed with it but we'll see how it goes. Thinking of grabbing bounty hunter pretty soon, any goon tips on it?

TescoBag fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Nov 17, 2019

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

Sleekly posted:

They're pretty straight forward, some will involve tracking. Opens up the weekly legendary bounty for you too, they're usually good. I've got a bounty wagon but I rarely use it, only where there are multiple dudes to hunt. You'll want the reinforced lasso at level 5 I think.

On the wagon, you can't have it out while your horse is out, you have to tell your horse to flee then thru the stable menu you can call in the wagon. Call the wagon last, after you've subdued all the bounties. Take it slow, it doesnt have great speed but it does get stuck easy.

Edit: if u keep a temp open posse you'll have plenty of help

I've never really done much possying. Can you mark a possy as 'we're doing bounty hunting' or something? I'd like to join in on others maybe but I'm guessing it's hard to tell what people are doing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

Morshu posted:

Anyone been having issues with textures being blurry? I have mine set to high and some of the foliage and clothing textures look straight out of an N64 game. I did some googling and it seems like some people have similar complaints, but nobody really has an answer other than "set it to ultra". Of course, the game won't let me because it claims that apparently my gtx 1060 doesn't have enough memory...

Kinda makes me regret getting it if the PS4 version I got at launch looks better lol

I feel like the textures are bugged. Set it to Ultra and it changes significantly, doesn't give you too much of a performance hit either.