Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!
You can use the free beer from parties to gain weight. I know that's how people gain weight online.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!
It would be nice if they added the trapper to online. Would add a ton of fashion to the game!

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

Capn Beeb posted:

Or at the very least a few more butchers on the east side of the map. Having to run a catch down to Saint Denis from Donner's Fall sucks.

Double sucked when I learned a perfect moose pelt is worth a whopping $3.50. Rabbits are more valuable :(

Oh wow that's only slightly more than a perfect deer pelt lol.

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

Jimbot posted:

A lot of these ability cards are such money traps. Anything that adds to damage is worthless. Peak Condition apparently adds a whole whopping 10%. 900 dollars well spent there. Winning Streak seems to have no discernible affect. Pumping 8 shots from revolvers into someone's upper body has as little effect as it does with or without the cards.

I recommend Paint it Black, Slow and Steady and anything effects dead eye. The damage cards are trash. Never Without One got nerfed but I still incredible overpowered for what it gives you.

Slow and steady makes such a big difference. Tired of getting headshot with varmint rifles? Slap that card on and abuse the hell out of dead eye.

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Also PSA, there doesn't seem to be any downside to being in Defensive Mode. It's not like Passive Mode in GTA, you can still attack people. Its just like a buff vs other players that you get for not being hostile

It stops you from being able to use aim assist but of course that doesn't matter if you're using mouse and keyboard.

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

Hakarne posted:

Oh wow that's the only penalty? I sometimes get the urge to pop some dude but I thought I'd have to come out of defensive first. Good to know!

Supposedly it increases your aggressiveness quite a bit and takes you out of defensive mode if you attack people first but I've been killed by defensive mode players first without them losing their status.

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

When people say they make money via collector, they mean they stare at an interactive map/cheat sheet and go from blip to blip for what I assume is several hours. Probably the least fun thing I can think of, aside from Long Distance Trade runs

Collector is only as grindy as you make it. You can use the interactive maps like you said or you can just passively find collectables as you fart around the map doing other things.

Personally I take the passive route, then when I see a collection only needs one or two more things then I'll look it up on the map.

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

Glenn Quebec posted:

I got horseman level 2, and level 1 in the other horse abilities.

Riding hard and fast at someone then two shotting them with the lematt is a pleasure. Can't wait to unlock level 3 damage with it. Maybe if I max that out and max out gunslinger I'll be able to one shot people

Using the sharpshooter ability card with the rolling block rifle and express ammo will one shot almost anyone with a body shot. The only times you won't one shot is if they are using level 2 or 3 health tonics or the slow and steady dead eye ability.

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

Fishstick posted:

It still does, it removes practically all the bloom on whatever weapon you're using and will still hit spots you mark. Ive been using it exclusively and played on free aim for the last two weeks now.

Yeah it also adds some kind of homing to weapons as well it seems? Great if you want to set people on fire with fire arrows or use throwing weapons for whatever reason.

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

Sleekly posted:

Volatile fire bottle rain from a rooftop into a crowded street is too fun
:dance: :derp: :supaburn:

What's the difference between volatile and non volatile throwables?

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

Hakarne posted:

Man, there are too many loving poopsockers :argh:. Trying to get my last free roam event win for the belt and it's always like a level 150 dude with 5x the score of the next lowest person. Like I've been really focusing the fishing event, and the last two were ridiculous. I finished second on a lake fishing one with like 30-ish pounds to a level 120's.... 90lbs. Next was a swamp one where I finished 3rd with 25 pounds, 2nd was 34 pounds, and first was a level 146 with like 85 pounds.

I can't outright say they're cheating, but it feels like there are some shenanigans going on. Is there some way to cheese fishing? I feel like I'm doing pretty solid (I know about using deadeye to find fish, pulling the rod, etc) but what they're doing seems borderline impossible.

Considering muskie or sturgeon can weigh around 25-35 pounds it doesn't seem that unreasonable to catch 3 or 4 in ten minutes. Keep in mind that they are probably using the special lures which you don't unlock till the 50's I believe? Causes fish to strike the bait more often.

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

Hakarne posted:

From what I've seen those aren't in for the lake fishing challenge. The notification thing just had them catching an ungodly amount of ~5 lb fish, which is the largest I've seen in the challenge.

Oh yeah I suppose I've never done the lake fishing challenge. Weird that that they wouldn't have large fish just for the lake fishing challenge.

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

pmchem posted:

What's the cheapest way to refill your dead eye ring (not core) in RDR Online? It seems like my dead eye is perpetually empty whenever I log in. I am new and only really know of chewing tobacco to refill it, which seems like it should not be the cheapest option for regular use.

Killing animals or NPCs will fill it for free. Otherwise I suppose you could craft snake oil tonics if you don't want to buy them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

Orv posted:

It's a battle pass. You earn XP in-game, progress through the levels and unlock cosmetics in return. Generally they are a bad money proposition unless you play an absolute ton of the game in question, because while many of them allow you to recoup the entry fee in premium currency you have to complete or nearly complete the pass to do so and if you only get 1/4th or a 1/3rd of the way through you're typically getting small fry cosmetics and not much return.

I also don't know if it is at all available on PC?

I will say that the last outlaw pass was surprisingly easy to level up. No idea if it's still that easy.